Jersey Flegg and CCup squads

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the make up of these squads yet? I don’t like the chances of the club releasing much but you never know. They actually put a couple of pics of a domestic violence walk this afternoon and there’s a few players from last years Flegg squad like Ryan Gray Devontai Seumanutafa, Declan Casey, Zac Rumble and Peni Teaupa.
5A60278E-FFF3-421E-95ED-A68C67F145CF.jpeg FE297660-DD29-43B2-A4E6-B57600C9B6A9.jpeg D94EC99F-E081-445B-825B-EA32DFCFDD30.jpeg

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
At this point they would have a core group of those squad members under contract but final squads would be a long way off being finalised. I have emailed the club about dates times and venues for trials for the age divisions - ie SGBall, HM, and Flegg - those trials usually have massive numbers involved.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dragons have grabbed one of our juniors Will Saunders on a 4 year deal.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dragons have grabbed one of our juniors Will Saunders on a 4 year deal.
Manly been doing that for years,there development officers come to the parra,Penrith,bulldogs comps and poach the kids,

Other reason why kids move on because they can’t get in doggy development squads and go to other comps

Last edited:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Manly been doing that for years,there development officers come to the parra,Penrith,bulldogs comps and poach the kids,

Other reason why kids move on because they can’t get in doggy development squads and go to other comps
All clubs do it - some better than others - since around 2012 the Dogs have been terrible at it. Go to any Junior Rep games - there are scouts representing all clubs at those games.

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyone know if Blake Clayton is still with us, he lost his spot at the end of last year and I have not spotted him lately. Last preseason he was training with the top 30, I hope he is still with us as I had high hopes for the kid

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if Blake Clayton is still with us, he lost his spot at the end of last year and I have not spotted him lately. Last preseason he was training with the top 30, I hope he is still with us as I had high hopes for the kid
No idea if he's still with us but I always thought he would have trouble making it due to his size.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the hm, sgball, flegg trials are being held. Im only aware of a flegg trial Feb 15. Have emailed the club, no reply.
When the trials are held at local clubs grounds eg Chester Hill - there is usually a good crowd spending money at the canteen and the BBQ - if more knew about the games more might turn up - good for local clubs fund raising etc.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think there maybe trials on the saturday the 18th january, but not sure which age groups are competing that week, i heard the 14's are on the 18th.

If i get anymore details will let you know

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Jersey Flegg Squad
Adam Agha, Aiden Aue, Bailey Biondi-Odo, Declan Casey, Justin Filo, Samuel Fomai, Iverson Fuatimau, Johnny-Lee Gabrael, Ryan Gray, Patrick Hinder, Vikilifi Hopoi, Kane Jackson, Aaron Johnson, Joshua Kalati, Paul Karaitiana, Daniel Marjano, Kailyn Miller, Kurtis Morrin, Billy Mozer, Chris Patolo, Kore-Lee Perenara, Kurt Picken, Mosese Pope, Sakaraia Ratuvou, Zac Rumble, Jazzaiah Schaafhausen, Aaron Schoupp, Devontai Seumanutafa, James Stanley, Shayden Stevens, Cooper Talau, Mateo Tatola, Chance Te Atua, Jackson Topine, Isiah Tuari, Christian Urso, James Valevatu, Manoa Veikoso, Mosese Vuki.

Coach: Luke Vella

Source: https://18thman.com/2019/11/19/2020-jersey-flegg-cup-squads/

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Beni Teaupa? He's training with them..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck sake why have they retained the Marschke brothers? They are never going to get close to NRL and are just road blocks for the younger players with NRL potential.

Donkey Slayer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Says we lost Lachlan Talau to tigers what’s go with that shit
Good to see Daniel Sakisi moving up thought he might be gone kids a beast any one know how big and tall

We have to many shit ***** that need to go and to many good kids to put in

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Says we lost Lachlan Talau to tigers what’s go with that shit
Good to see Daniel Sakisi moving up thought he might be gone kids a beast any one know how big and tall

We have to many shit ***** that need to go and to many good kids to put in
We lost him 2018/19 year. He played first grade for the tigers a few games already

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We lost him 2018/19 year. He played first grade for the tigers a few games already
That’s Tommy there’s three of them. Cooper will be gone when his contract is up Willie was pissed when he missed out on the Flegg job here and that was a major reason Tommy left.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That’s Tommy there’s three of them. Cooper will be gone when his contract is up Willie was pissed when he missed out on the Flegg job here and that was a major reason Tommy left.
Fk thanks for clarifying.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We've lost Elie El-Zakhem (Leb rep) to Parramatta cup squad alongside former Bulldog Makahesi Makatoa.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My understanding, only based on second hand info, is that contracts n junior recruitment decisions from the previous regime are still impacting the clubs ability to keep who they genuinely believe are some of the better juniors coming through. It helps explains some the development contract decisions that have been made and the loss of T Talau and Will Saunders to west tigers.