Rumour Jayden Sullivan

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m a big fan of George Williams too. Apparently he just didn’t like Canberra and wanted to move to a Sydney club.
I'd much rather George Williams for half the price of Moses. Williams was underrated when he played in the NRL and has a solid, all-round game that would compliment Burton really well.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd much rather George Williams for half the price of Moses. Williams was underrated when he played in the NRL and has a solid, all-round game that would compliment Burton really well.
Can't say I've seen him play much so i take opinions on merit of the author..however he pulled the pin on his last contract didn't he? Homesick or similar the excuse...
Assume he is decent though, good game manager?
Idk what will happen but we need better than the current fella I'd say with certainty.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can't say I've seen him play much so i take opinions on merit of the author..however he pulled the pin on his last contract didn't he? Homesick or similar the excuse...
Assume he is decent though, good game manager?
Idk what will happen but we need better than the current fella I'd say with certainty.
Yeah you're always concerned with homesickness, especially for an English player but I think his situation had more to do with Stuart and Canberra than anything.

He is a good, consistent player. Solid runner, can pass. Very good short and long kicking game. Tough defender that doesn't miss many tackles and has good creativity and vision.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
George Williams would definitely be a solid option. Got the raiders to a GF

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dragons kept him happy , knew he was not coming a few weeks back .
Yep. And now they've got a player in their squad who has been rewarded after saying he doesn't wants to play in their sand pit anymore.
Good like with that.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I most definitely wouldn't.

Williams and Burton would leave us with two halves of questionable ball skills.

Moses entering his prime would take us to another level .... He would allow Burton to play a secondary role injecting himself as he sees fit.

We need a DOMINANT player running the show.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I most definitely wouldn't.

Williams and Burton would leave us with two halves of questionable ball skills.

Moses entering his prime would take us to another level .... He would allow Burton to play a secondary role injecting himself as he sees fit.

We need a DOMINANT player running the show.
Williams is a better playmaker than you give him credit for. Canberra made the GF with him and Bateman and haven't been close since. He doesn't have the skill of Moses but he reads numbers well in attack, is a good organiser and he's a good defender whereas Moses is a liability and a target defensively. People overlook that part of Moses' game too often.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Williams is a better playmaker than you give him credit for. Canberra made the GF with him and Bateman and haven't been close since. He doesn't have the skill of Moses but he reads numbers well in attack, is a good organiser and he's a good defender whereas Moses is a liability and a target defensively. People overlook that part of Moses' game too often.
I don't think he is .... not at the level that will win us a comp.

Canberra played a totally different brand of footy centered around Hodgkinson.

Moses defense isn't his strong suit for sure, but he has improved immensely and his attack more than makes up for it. Parra are nowhere near the GF without him.

Interestingly you don't seem to think Burton has any issues in that department or that he gets heavily targeted.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Are people really spending their time arguing about a guy that is contracted until the end of 2024 and left Australia 12 months ago because he was homesick lol???? Am I missing something

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't think he is .... not at the level that will win us a comp.

Canberra played a totally different brand of footy centered around Hodgkinson.

Moses defense isn't his strong suit for sure, but he has improved immensely and his attack more than makes up for it. Parra are nowhere near the GF without him.

Interestingly you don't seem to think Burton has any issues in that department or that he gets heavily targeted.
We’re 2+ years from challenging for a title. Nothing wrong getting George and some top 8 finishes in that time while we build from within

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
George Williams was not at the Raiders in 2019 lol. It was Seizer and Wighton in the halves that took em to the GF. Williams took them to a preliminary final in his first year but never a GF.