Rumour Jayden Sullivan

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would rather we spent big dollars on a top shelf half than underperforming forwards but not much on the market.
Mitchell Moses...surely if he is on the open market then we make him an offer. the problems in signing someone like moses is that it would agffect BBOs pathway to halfback and would probably see him leave the club.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mitchell Moses...surely if he is on the open market then we make him an offer. the problems in signing someone like moses is that it would agffect BBOs pathway to halfback and would probably see him leave the club.
Moses is one head knock away from early retirement. He'd be another Foran for us.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did they say why? It would be good to know whether he is someone who won't work with his team or coach.
I'm sure its because he wants to join the Dogs not because he won't work with the Team or Coach. I'm sure if Hunt wasn't resigned he would happily stay at the Dragons. Apparently rumours around that when he re-signed it was based around the belief that 2023 would be Hunts last year at the Dragons.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure its because he wants to join the Dogs not because he won't work with the Team or Coach. I'm sure if Hunt wasn't resigned he would happily stay at the Dragons. Apparently rumours around that when he re-signed it was based around the belief that 2023 would be Hunts last year at the Dragons.
Rumours that he has a get out clause if Hunt was resigned .

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My main worry is if he is an organiser or not. Going off the limited time I've seen him, it looks like we will just have 2 5/8ths.
That's also a concern of mine, but he could be in the mold of a Jahrome Hughes. More attacking, running half than the usual. Obviously someone needs to organise, but with Burton's kicking game, the halfback really just needs to call plays etc.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hedging our bets.
Either way has pros and cons. Get Hunt, we'd instantly be contenders. Him and Burton would have been top notch, but for only a few years max. Get Sullivan, we'd have great potential going forward, with a halfback with many more years in him. They can grow together and possibly become one of the better halves combinations.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, we have some concerns - But thank fek we aren't the Dragons where it seems the majority of players are very unhappy, including Sullivan.

There is a story regarding their awards night on Tuesday, where 27 out of the top 30 players DID NOT ATTEND.

The Eels continue the longest drought, now the Dragons in complete turmoil ....... Is this the start of our dreams coming true???

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was always a little nervous and seemed more desperation on our part. Reminded me of the Ricky Stuart/Brett Kimmorley experiments.
The lack of talent needed in the spine has been our major problem, I know that Hastings isn't a super dooper half, I thought He could deliver the stability the team needed.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm over the organising vs running half debate. When is the last time we had threats either side of the ruck? The more this guy and Burton run and threaten the better! They're professional footballers who will work out who needs to lead and when, bring on the speed....
110% this

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
moses isn’t the answer considering the price he’d want. no point stuffing the cap for a bloke that had a shocking finals series

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rumours that he has a get out clause if Hunt was resigned .
IF he had a get out clause he wouldn't need to ask for a release and wait for an answer. He'd have just advised the club that he is activating the 'release clause'.

He had no such clause in his contract BUT he did have an understanding that Ben Hunt would not be re-signing and that next season he was going to be playing first grade in the #7 jumper and thats where the issues now arise.

Dragons management have had a change of heart and re-signed Benny boy.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes I know but signing Sullivan would pretty much spell the end of BBO ...I really want to see BBO be given a consisten chance in first grade once he returns from injury
I have not seen anything special from him to want to see him in first grade. He couldn’t even dominate reserve grade what’s the point.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF he had a get out clause he wouldn't need to ask for a release and wait for an answer. He'd have just advised the club that he is activating the 'release clause'.

He had no such clause in his contract BUT he did have an understanding that Ben Hunt would not be re-signing and that next season he was going to be playing first grade in the #7 jumper and thats where the issues now arise.

Dragons management have had a change of heart and re-signed Benny boy.
sooo as a sign of good faith they release him due to the handshake agreement being broken and he comes to belmore right? hahaha