Rumour Jayden Sullivan

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So in 2021 he was playing NSW Cup, but had come up from Jersey Flegg.

A month younger than Topine so he was still able to play Flegg this year.

Very elusive, and really decent footwork at the line, with a short kicking game. Pretty much the opposite of Flanno.

Not sure how his defence is, but that's something Flanno is very good at. Looks like Sullivan doesn't offload much.

Burton at 1:04 chasing after him.
strong ball runner and loves to take the line on - the complete opposite of flanno

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We are all dreaming of Munster and Moses maybe not all, I'm not saying it can't happen but wondering does anyone know what the plan is what is going on in Gus's and CC's minds ?
For some reason I believe Hastings is still the dark horse for the 7, Sullivan is second only because he isn't the experienced halfback that Gus was talking about...
I've been known to get it wrong before, we all do sometimes :laughing:
Do we all remember who Moses' daddy is?

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So in 2021 he was playing NSW Cup, but had come up from Jersey Flegg.

A month younger than Topine so he was still able to play Flegg this year.

Very elusive, and really decent footwork at the line, with a short kicking game. Pretty much the opposite of Flanno.

Not sure how his defence is, but that's something Flanno is very good at. Looks like Sullivan doesn't offload much.

Burton at 1:04 chasing after him.
Hopefully coachable...

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Flanno hasn't shown anything at all so I agree a swap would be the best option for us as much as I dislike paying good money for potential.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He’s apparently on $400-$450k so don’t think he’d come that cheap. He also wouldn’t come to us without discussing playing first grade with Gus and Ciro. I don’t know how I feel about it but if we get him he’ll be playing first grade somewhere in the 17.
I don't know what he's on at Saints but I can't imagine he'd be on that much considering he would have signed that deal before he played FG or only played a handful of games til that point.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know what he's on at Saints but I can't imagine he'd be on that much considering he would have signed that deal before he played FG or only played a handful of games til that point.
I don’t know either mate that’s just what they were saying on 360 he was on good coin. Either way he won’t be coming to play Reggie’s if he’s reason for leaving is stuck behind Ben Hunt. He’s either coming to play halfback or fullback is what Id put my money on.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t know either mate that’s just what they were saying on 360 he was on good coin. Either way he won’t be coming to play Reggie’s if he’s reason for leaving is stuck behind Ben Hunt. He’s either coming to play halfback or fullback is what Id put my money on.
Yeah I agree if he's signing with us they would tell him you'll be given every opportunity to be the starting halfback.

Last edited:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NRL 2022: Ben Hunt signs new Dragons deal, Jayden Sullivan’s official release request
Ben Hunt’s decision to re-sign with St George has prompted a young star to request an immediate release despite being contracted until 2025. What’s going on at the Dragons?

Michael Carayannis and Brent Read

St George Illawarra captain Ben Hunt has urged Jayden Sullivan to follow his path and stay at the club despite the young Dragons half requesting an immediate release.
Sullivan formally asked for a release to leave the Dragons to join Canterbury on Thursday morning – a day after Hunt inked a rich two-year extension.

Fellow half Sullivan is contracted until the end of the 2025 season and only agreed to remain at the club on the proviso that Hunt would not be at the club.

New coach Cameron Ciraldo’s Bulldogs have earmarked Sullivan to be Matt Burton’s long-term halves partner.

Hunt wants Sullivan to stay at the club.

“We haven’t had an in-depth conversation but I’d like him to stay,” Hunt said. “He is a good young kid.

“In time he can sit down and learn. I played off the bench for the first four or five years of my career and it set me up for where I am now.

“Young kids really want to get out and play and show them what they can do. If he wants to leave and get that opportunity then I’ll fully back him. I’d like him to stay.”

Sullivan is the second young Dragon to request a release since the St George Illawarra’s season ended after the club rejected fullback Tyrell Sloan’s bid to join Wayne Bennett’s Dolphins. Sullivan’s potential arrival at the Bulldogs will have ramifications for Kyle Flanagan, who is contracted until the end of 2023.

Flanagan played 20 games this season, despite starting the year in reserve grade as head of football Phil Gould made him off limits to the NRL squad for the first month of the season.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He played sg ball with schoupp (won g.f for steelers). Just watched the highlights and was blown away by the fact that schoupp passed the ball to sullivan... I had to re-watch but yes, schoupp definitely passed the ball... p.s sullivan got man of the match in a pretty handy team.
Mate, you mean Schoupp allegidly passed a ball.
hahaha

Sullivan is on YouTube - looks quick off the mark, quick and dangerous with a lightening side step.
Here’s hoping.