Rumour Jayden Sullivan

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What's the story with Jayden Sullivan from the Dragons?

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I haven't really seen him play. Is he any good? Can he organise or just more potential.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only seen him play once really and that was at belmore in nsw cup this year. Didn’t think much of him. As long as he is more coachable than Kyle, but this isn’t an upgrade if it’s true and he’s coming here

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What if CC & Gus see something in him and can turn his game up another level. We just need someone to guide us like we had with noddy and hodko..

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
It’s a case of I have no doubt he’s better than Flanagan in attack. I don’t think there is a worse 7 in the game as far as attack as Flanagan. He backs up and supports well but he is a fucking 7 and doesn’t create, doesn’t organise, doesn’t threaten and his kicking game is pathetic.

That said I’m far from sold on Sullivan. I watched him a little and saw a decent running game which is huge compared to Flanagan’s but I’m concerned he’s no better than bbo.

I trust in Gus though. He has said we need a 1 and 7 and we clearly do.

Don’t know if this is a realistic long term solution or just another roll of dice on short term lower wage to see until 24 and big fish become available.

Personally I’d go hard at Munster and Moses. Hope we land 1 of them (realistically I doubt it very much but worth a shot)

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a case of I have no doubt he’s better than Flanagan in attack. I don’t think there is a worse 7 in the game as far as attack as Flanagan. He backs up and supports well but he is a fucking 7 and doesn’t create, doesn’t organise, doesn’t threaten and his kicking game is pathetic.

That said I’m far from sold on Sullivan. I watched him a little and saw a decent running game which is huge compared to Flanagan’s but I’m concerned he’s no better than bbo.

Don’t know if this is a realistic long term solution or just another roll of dice on short term lower wage to see until 24 and big fish become available.

Personally I’d go hard at Munster and Moses. Hope we land 1 of them (realistically I doubt it very much but worth a shot)
Agree all the above. Kyle just does not seem to be coachable I think that’s his issue. As long as Bud can be coached, that’s an improvement. I agree tho Dogs need to go for a big fish in the halves - genuinely disappointed we couldn’t get Hunt, but Moses would be awesome.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

yeh I don’t see the difference between Sullivan and BBO tbh. Both dangerous runners with unknown organisational play at 7. Although BBO did just do an ACL didn’t he so his development will be stunted

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As I said in the other thread, if Sullivan is signed, he would cost very little. Maybe double the minimum contract, but still half of what Flanagan is on. He's worth taking a chance on as he has decent skills and is a dangerous runner at times. He might not pan out, but the risk is minimal compared to what we paid for Flanagan.

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our options are quite thin anyway, so if he’s better than Flanagan that’s a plus :tearsofjoy: Haven’t watched much of him though but it looks pretty certain to be coming to the Dogs

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
As I said in the other thread, if Sullivan is signed, he would cost very little. Maybe double the minimum contract, but still half of what Flanagan is on. He's worth taking a chance on as he has decent skills and is a dangerous runner at times. He might not pan out, but the risk is minimal compared to what we paid for Flanagan.
He’s apparently on $400-$450k so don’t think he’d come that cheap. He also wouldn’t come to us without discussing playing first grade with Gus and Ciro. I don’t know how I feel about it but if we get him he’ll be playing first grade somewhere in the 17.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He played sg ball with schoupp (won g.f for steelers). Just watched the highlights and was blown away by the fact that schoupp passed the ball to sullivan... I had to re-watch but yes, schoupp definitely passed the ball... p.s sullivan got man of the match in a pretty handy team.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The twist is the recruitment manager at saints is Shane Flanagan. So if he allows the release he could hobble his sons career if he comes to us