Other News Source Jayden Sullivan

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dragons have rejected the 2nd release by Sullivan.
Latest is he won't turn up for pre season training and will force their hand to let him go.

where’s this from mate? if he doesn’t show up for preseason could the nrl step in when validating his next contract on some technicality that he breached his old one?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Finally you admit I’m funny! I’ve been waiting for this. Words can’t express how much it means to me xo
I’ve always laughed at you. Not with you.

Hard not to. If you don’t laugh you will cry at the disgraceful shit you dish up in our jersey.

Thankfully the best laugh is the one coming when we bid farewell. Hopefully daddy has you to man(rainbow)lay as the bloke above said.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’ve always laughed at you. Not with you.

Hard not to. If you don’t laugh you will cry at the disgraceful shit you dish up in our jersey.

Thankfully the best laugh is the one coming when we bid farewell. Hopefully daddy has you to man(rainbow)lay as the bloke above said.
No, you said I was funny. No takesies backsies!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Has your old man offered you gig at manly yet ?
Good chance you would get on well with siebold from all reports he talks a big game but delivers jack shite, a trait you share.
This is not a very intelligent comment, but it seems you don't even know how to tag or quote a comment in your reply, so I guess I shouldn't really expect too much of you.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Dragons have rejected the 2nd release by Sullivan.
Latest is he won't turn up for pre season training and will force their hand to let him go.

Bulldogs offer is there but no signature till released.
Dragons don't want a swap.

Also Shane Flanagan is not involved in this at all.. it's the board. Flanagan is potentially joining Manly as Assistant Coach.
Sign on the line, do the time. If his management had any brains, they would have asked for a get out clause in the event Hunt re-signed.

So our top target is a bloke of limited ability, who is (if your mail is correct) unprofessional enough to not turn up for pre-season to a club he willingly signed for. Still just a kid and already comwes with attitude and baggage (if he comes at all).

Do we really want a bloke this young who thinks he is entitled to a first grade jersey?

Honestly, I am our best option for 2023.....we should forget about Sullivan entirely, play me at halfback for 2023, then throw the bank at Moses and prepare me for a shift to lock. Blind Freddy could see this bloke isn't the answer for us....so why doesn't the club?

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sign on the line, do the time. If his management had any brains, they would have asked for a get out clause in the event Hunt re-signed.

So our top target is a bloke of limited ability, who is (if your mail is correct) unprofessional enough to not turn up for pre-season to a club he willingly signed for. Still just a kid and already comwes with attitude and baggage (if he comes at all).

Do we really want a bloke this young who thinks he is entitled to a first grade jersey?

Honestly, I am our best option for 2023.....we should forget about Sullivan entirely, play me at halfback for 2023, then throw the bank at Moses and prepare me for a shift to lock. Blind Freddy could see this bloke isn't the answer for us....so why doesn't the club?
What makes you think you can be a great lock??

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is not a very intelligent comment, but it seems you don't even know how to tag or quote a comment in your reply, so I guess I shouldn't really expect too much of you.
C’mon now it was obvious who the post was referencing and even someone with you shortcomings was able to work it out.
Must say for the vast majority of bulldogs supporters the sentiment is reciprocated “shouldn’t really expect too much of you” either.
Sure the dogs would even kick in for a ferry pass to get you out of Belmore.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So our top target is a bloke of limited ability. Still just a kid and already comwes with attitude and baggage.

Blind Freddy could see this bloke isn't the answer for us....so why doesn't the club?
We hired you, didn't we?.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
C’mon now it was obvious who the post was referencing and even someone with you shortcomings was able to work it out.
Must say for the vast majority of bulldogs supporters the sentiment is reciprocated “shouldn’t really expect too much of you” either.
Sure the dogs would even kick in for a ferry pass to get you out of Belmore.
The point is, if you are replying to, or talking about someone, it is both more polite and efficient to either tag or reply to the quote so they know you are addressing them. Had I not been replying to a comment directly below yours, I'd have missed it entirely.

You guys keep saying I need to go, but you are not putting forward any credible suggestions about suitable replacements. I mean, come on.... the "best" option to replace me right now is a kid who is a) currently contracted; b) has failed to secure a release; c) appears to be stuck at St George, unless he wants to try to force the issue by refusing to train - which would be indicative of an attitude problem we don't need at the club, anyway and; d) is not as good as people on here are hyping him up to be.

The fact this kid willingly signed a contract without a get out clause and is now agitating for a release, acting as if he is entitled to a permanent first grade spot at the age of 21, should be ringing alarm bells in the mind of any thinking individual. Sure, he may have talent, but if the Dragons thought he was ready, they'd have let Hunt walk.... not like they are a chance of winning a comp in the next few years. Why risk a first grade ready top prospect for a bloke on his last legs? That wouldn't make any sense, regardless of how well he has been playing.

Face it, bucko. I'm the best we've got. And with the right coaching, I can be better than what I've shown.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We hired you, didn't we?.
Ok, I can tell you're trying to be funny.... but come on, bro....read my response to @Robbothedestroyer and try to reply to it with some semblance of logic. I dare you.

All our players looked below their best under Barrett (even Burton looked average before he was given the flick). I already showed signs of improvement after the club parted ways with him. Does it not stand to reason that I could improve further in the off season if given the right coaching and mentorship.

There is no sense in panic releasing players, any more than there is sense in panic buying.

Jayden Sullivan certainly isn't going to turn us into a premiership force....at least not next year, possibly not ever. And the dude seems to have an attitude issue and sense of entitlement.

Logical reply. Come on, buddy. Just give it a shot.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The point is, if you are replying to, or talking about someone, it is both more polite and efficient to either tag or reply to the quote so they know you are addressing them. Had I not been replying to a comment directly below yours, I'd have missed it entirely.

You guys keep saying I need to go, but you are not putting forward any credible suggestions about suitable replacements. I mean, come on.... the "best" option to replace me right now is a kid who is a) currently contracted; b) has failed to secure a release; c) appears to be stuck at St George, unless he wants to try to force the issue by refusing to train - which would be indicative of an attitude problem we don't need at the club, anyway and; d) is not as good as people on here are hyping him up to be.

The fact this kid willingly signed a contract without a get out clause and is now agitating for a release, acting as if he is entitled to a permanent first grade spot at the age of 21, should be ringing alarm bells in the mind of any thinking individual. Sure, he may have talent, but if the Dragons thought he was ready, they'd have let Hunt walk.... not like they are a chance of winning a comp in the next few years. Why risk a first grade ready top prospect for a bloke on his last legs? That wouldn't make any sense, regardless of how well he has been playing.

Face it, bucko. I'm the best we've got. And with the right coaching, I can be better than what I've shown.
Your point about lack of an adequate replacement is valid and no doubt Sullivan is unproven and his ego may well be bigger than yours.
The reality is you have had 3 years to prove yourself and no team is lining up to offer you a contract beyond this year. You may well get a run next year but it is only because our options are limited. Wish you well but if you haven’t got the tools even Bellamy couldn’t turn you into a nrl standard half. Make the most of ‘23 as it will be your last in the nrl.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Your point about lack of an adequate replacement is valid and no doubt Sullivan is unproven and his ego may well be bigger than yours.
The reality is you have had 3 years to prove yourself and no team is lining up to offer you a contract beyond this year. You may well get a run next year but it is only because our options are limited. Wish you well but if you haven’t got the tools even Bellamy couldn’t turn you into a nrl standard half. Make the most of ‘23 as it will be your last in the nrl.
Just one more question, mate - which players have looked good under the diabolical systems our club has had in place in recent years?

I think players are set up to fail under such conditions - especially when our idiot former coach puts the weight of the world on their shoulders by comparing them to the world’s best before they have even put on our jersey, and then confuses them with needlessly convoluted structures.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just one more question, mate - which players have looked good under the diabolical systems our club has had in place in recent years?

I think players are set up to fail under such conditions - especially when our idiot former coach puts the weight of the world on their shoulders by comparing them to the world’s best before they have even put on our jersey, and then confuses them with needlessly convoluted structures.
Again all valid points. Barrett certainly didn’t encourage players to play to their strengths or what was in front of them.
New coach, new start, no more excuses, over to you.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Again all valid points. Barrett certainly didn’t encourage players to play to their strengths or what was in front of them.
New coach, new start, no more excuses, over to you.
All I’m asking for is that chance. Some people might be surprised…

Reactions: Ket