Jayden Okunbor

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I get Baz is making some mistakes (BBOs minutes, persisting with Elliott/Waddell/Flanno when he could maybe try Atoni in the backrow) but the reason we have blow out games and look pathetic is because we can't hold the ball. Allan and Ok were pathetic last night.

If I had Ok's physique, I'd be the next SBW. It seems like even out of yardage which is 80% of the reason for his selection the guy is piss weak. I'd like to see us debut Heleta (top tackle busts for NSW Cup) or bring back T Katoa or Manu.

doggy bill

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He had a terrible game but is only 2 games back from a major injury. Too early to can him yet.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He had a terrible game but is only 2 games back from a major injury. Too early to can him yet.
Three games back has been woeful in all three - he has several different coaches, a number of full time off seasons yet continues to make the same mistakes as he did in jun reps 6 years ago

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it comes down to a big play that can turn a game you can count on Okunbor to f..k it up for us it seems. Every game he plays he just seems to have at least 2 mistakes or more in him and frankly until he fixes having dicks for hands he isn't first grade standard unfortunately. We can't afford his mistakes. He has the potential to be a good player but until he starts ripping it up in lower grades whenever that comp starts again he shouldn't be considered for first grade again. His size and height are totally nullified by the way he plays. I'd rather see Heleta given a shot also. At least he can bust tackles. He couldn't do any worse than Okunbor.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I get Baz is making some mistakes (BBOs minutes, persisting with Elliott/Waddell/Flanno when he could maybe try Atoni in the backrow) but the reason we have blow out games and look pathetic is because we can't hold the ball. Allan and Ok were pathetic last night.

If I had Ok's physique, I'd be the next SBW. It seems like even out of yardage which is 80% of the reason for his selection the guy is piss weak. I'd like to see us debut Heleta (top tackle busts for NSW Cup) or bring back T Katoa or Manu.
Unfortunately there's a massive difference between physique and physical ability. Okunbor has size but I actually think he's a below average athlete (aside from having zero instincts and fundamentals). Okunbor has decent straight line speed but it ends there, he doesn't have agility, short area quickness or explosive power, even though he's got some size I've hardly ever seen him bend the line or steamroll anyone, he also runs extremely upright so gets driven back more often then not.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okenbur has deactivated his social Media accounts because of threats and racist messages he was getting after the Titans game.

People need to calm tf down. There’s constructive criticism and then there’s unacceptable behaviour.

Last edited:

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even the Fox team were amazed at his inability to read the play. There were opportunities where he could have been in the right place for a pass to the try line, but he was missing. Same for his defence - he has no second nature about where the ball is going. I would have thought any first grader would have some football instinct.
Three games back has been woeful in all three - he has several different coaches, a number of full time off seasons yet continues to make the same mistakes as he did in jun reps 6 years ago
Unfortunately there's a massive difference between physique and physical ability. Okunbor has size but I actually think he's a below average athlete (aside from having zero instincts and fundamentals). Okunbor has decent straight line speed but it ends there, he doesn't have agility, short area quickness or explosive power, even though he's got some size I've hardly ever seen him bend the line or steamroll anyone, he also runs extremely upright so gets driven back more often then not.
All this feeds into some big questions:
Has anyone actually been coaching him in how to be a FG winger?
Does he listen to anyone at training?
Does he get a dressing down at training for not doing what he's told?
What tapes were the recuiters watching when they decided to re-sign him?
Why did Baz agree?
Was Baz given a choice?
What is he doing at training that keeps him in the side?
Why isn't Baz hiding him on kick restarts etc to minimise the damage?
Does he actually WANT to play footy?

I have more, but I'm just sad now.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Okenbur has deactivated his social Media accounts because of threats and racist messages he was getting after the Titans game.

People need to calm tf down. There’s constructive criticism and then there’s unacceptable behaviour.
Bloody oxygen thieves, like there's no many things you can legitimately criticise him for why would anyone stoop so low to make it racial, as for the threats people need to relax it's just a game FFS

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
196cm and 108kg the kid has numbers to play in the front row.

We all know Jake attracts 3 defenders everytime he carts the ball out.

He has the turning circle of a b-double and his lateral movement is quiet poor.

Definitely not suited on the wing especially when we have JAC coming over and Cotric as well.

Kid is a handful and Baz should start the transition of him into a prop.
Shut the fuck up mr papehuyzen and grant signed with us

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I didn't think I was too harsh on him......:grimacing:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s one thing to express opinion, disappointment and frustration on a forum like this but it’s another thing to DM the guy or comment on his IG posts with vile /threatening comments ala keyboard warrior.

I hope none of you did that but if you did go uppercut yourself

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s one thing to express opinion, disappointment and frustration on a forum like this but it’s another thing to DM the guy or comment on his IG posts with vile /threatening comments ala keyboard warrior.

I hope none of you did that but if you did go uppercut yourself
Absolutely right mate.
By all means, say what you want on here.
But to go out of your way to give anyone a spray directly on social media is not on.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

fuck yeah some on here as well, the namecalling is disgusting..

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
well now. that escalated quickly.

but honestly. why you guys so angry?
if okunbur hears the truth he may just readjust his thinking or get whatever semblance of confidence he once gad back.

at the moment is playing like that kid in Junior league.
you know, the 1 that is only out there because his mom and / or Dad made him play.
The kid that looks at the sky not sure what he is supposed to do.

edited because of auto correct.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Hopefully they get the police on to it and some people get charged. Yeah he made some critical errors in the game and deserves to be dropped, but none of that even begins to justify threats and racism.

It also makes it a lot harder for the coach to be straight up about the performances. The next time one of his players has a shocker TBaz is probably going to feel reluctant to call it out because it might be seen to encourage the idiots out there.