News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get where ur coming from i work in a similar field
I just feel anyone who thinks this okay has lost the plot. If it were ur family member slutting it up in the street big deal. All they would have done is broke protocol..may not have heard about it. Out for 2 weeks with a foot injury....
But if the first interaction was in a school whilst under DoE guidelines, club and NRL code of conduct? Not acceptable in the slightest
Mate I 100% agree on that. I'm not defending their actions.. and I believe okonbur should be sacked... don't know enough about the circumstances of the other matter to have a real opinion on it.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thats what the SMH is reporting too, the girls both stated to the players that they were 18.
Why does that matter to you guys? You've been banging on about nothing illegal happening/them being of legal age why would this make a difference? Other than it suits your agenda.

Again, the issue is that he picked up a girl knowing she was from a school he had been running a clinic at. She shared a pic of herself with him at that school before the whole thing went down. This is the issue here.

You guys need to stop clutching at straws and understand the issue here. No matter what the girl said to him it was his responsibility as the adult to walk away under supervisionary laws. In fact, I believe by law he had to report any approach she made towards him. Especially a sexual one. He had ample opportunities to do so.

Instead of doing that HE escalated the situation by sending sexual texts and inviting her to his room. HE made the moves. HE asked for nude pics. HE took the next step.

Last edited:

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
More people on talkin sports make far more sense than some... Very fair assessment of things.. unlike the merchants of outrage on here...
It’s because they don’t think for themselves. They let Rupert do it for them

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
People on talkin sports make far more sense than some on here... Very fair assessment of things.. unlike the merchants of outrage on here...
Like Andrew?

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People on talkin sports make far more sense than some on here... Very fair assessment of things.. unlike the merchants of outrage on here...
dude
Talking sport is full of drunks. Including the hosts lol

Dave0175

Waterboy
Reaction score
My 2 cents it's not illegal - maybe immoral, but you can't be charged for being immoral.

Do I condone it ? .... well I have an 18 year old daughter and I know she would make better life choices.
In saying That I don't condone it, but honestly it's an issue that's being blown up out of proportion, I mean really we needed something like this to take our mind off the damned corona virus stories

I believe it should be delt with by the club with a 4 match suspension and a hefty fine.
All imposed by the club as it's our policies they breached.
Not the nrls.
If we sack them and another club picks them up it would be only a matter of weeks before they were playing against us ...
If the nrl de registers them then it will be a few years before they play against us and the will end up earning more money in a French league or English league ... so they do really lose
But bet let us deal with our own and stop beating us up as a club ...
The girls weren't beaten or raped, they had sex for christs sake
Also they are 24 and 25
Most men don't grow up until their 30s or beyond.
The age difference is only 5 and 6 years
They are barely adults themselves.

Like I said.
I don't condone it but it's happened and our club should be dealing the punishment. It should be on us and dealt with appropriately

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My 2 cents it's not illegal - maybe immoral, but you can't be charged for being immoral.

Do I condone it ? .... well I have an 18 year old daughter and I know she would make better life choices.
In saying That I don't condone it, but honestly it's an issue that's being blown up out of proportion, I mean really we needed something like this to take our mind off the damned corona virus stories

I believe it should be delt with by the club with a 4 match suspension and a hefty fine.
Not the nrls.
If we sack them and another club picks them up it would be only a matter of weeks before they were playing against us ...
If the nrl de registers them then it will be a few years before they play against us and the will end up earning more money in a French league or English league ... so they do really lose
Also they are 24 and 25

Like I said.
I don't condone it but it's happened and our club should be dealing the punishment. It should be on us and dealt with appropriately
Perfectly said...

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
DT confirming girl is 16 now
Conveniently 15mins before kick off

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Not the nrls.
Also they are 24 and 25

Like I said.
Good points and agree with it in parts. The last thing we want to do is let a player go & for them to simply sign up with someone else and be playing against us next week.

This was an NRL program being run by the Bulldogs. Greenburg has stated this so we can't pretend that only the Dogs can handle this. It's simply not that simple.

Has it been blown out of proportion? Of course it has, there's no doubt about that. Was always going to happen, especially to our club. Which is why we've had strict rules put on the players, and the NRL itself had made things abundantly clear to all of the players and why it makes what they did even worse. I feel for CHN as I don't think he did too much wrong, but still deserved a punishment of some sort for bringing a girl home.

Whether the age difference is 5-6 years. Whether Okunbor is still a boy himself. It doesn't matter. He was employed to fullfill certain duties. It was outlined to him his responsibilities. He did mandatory training for this position. He would've signed off on numerous child supervision acts stating issues from appropriate touching, communication, contact etc. These are policies imposed by the NRL because he was doing an NRL program being run by the Dogs. These are standard policies btw.

In spite of this he still went against the procedures, supervision acts placed on him by the NRL / Bulldogs. At numerous points during his contact with this girl it's clear he knew she was from that school, which indicates he went against all of the procedures and supervision acts that he would've had to have signed to understood. He knowingly commited these acts.

A 4 week match suspension and hefty fine? Perhaps for CHN but Okunbor has to go. There's no other way. We can argue all we want as to whether it's fair, but it's simply what it is. If we don't get rid of him then it'll be way too much baggage for the club to move forward, as what he did is undefenable.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You always quote talkin’ sport so thought you’d know Andrew the cronulla wanker who talks like a more bogan Ray Warren. He literally calls every day
Lol I know who your talking about but , I'm not good with names... There was a guy that used to call all the time drunk as a skunk and he'd constantly whinge about players having there's socks down... He was hilarious..