News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely agree - just interested to know whose jurisdiction an NRL player contract comes under - club or NRL?
The law firms for all involved parties would be rubbing their hands
Bring it on they say lol

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. The Hasler settlement mess would’ve been the perfect precedent to this approach.
That’s exactly what I’m talking about mate
We cannot go down that path again and loose money due to mismanagement
I trust this board is a tad smarter

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The Dogs pay them so I’m thinking it’s the Bulldogs.
Cool, thanks. I know contracts are registered by the NRL but that’s probably a rubber stamp for the cap etc - must be sanctioned by the club.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree. The Hasler settlement mess would’ve been the perfect precedent to this approach.
Coaches contracts back then weren't NRL contracts, like they are now. They were only between the club and the coach, hence where the legal action remained.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Cool, thanks. I know contracts are registered by the NRL but that’s probably a rubber stamp for the cap etc - must be sanctioned by the club.
They are standard NRL contracts in the main, the club can insert some clauses of their own, but the Code of Conduct and payments clause are all NRL specified. They are in effect 3 way contracts, that's how the NRL can impose fines, sanctions, suspensions etc because they are a party to the contract. If the NRL enforces one of "their" clauses then the legal action, if any, would be between the player and the NRL.

Go Dogs

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sterlo just asked Brent read,Webster and david riccio on their thoughts.they have heard both will be sacked by the club.
Club committee meeting tomorrow then announcement will be made.
Hopefully the club sticks by them gives them a long term suspension 6 or more months plus a huge fine.do community work re educate them

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How was it?
It happens every week and Is spread over the NRL, not just the Dogs. I know a guy that used to be in the Rabbits top 30 and he told me a few tales that would make Granny’s heart stop beating.