News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Would you mind explaining what CHN did that was so bad?
the best information at hand is that he had consensual sex with an OLDER woman he met on tinder. His only indiscretion was bringing her back to the team hotel. It barely warrants a fine let alone a mention.
Direct your attention at Okunbor.
It's breach of our Code of Conduct and the NRL's Code of Conduct, players just aren't allowed to bring females back to their hotel when they are attending Bulldogs events. The CoC is well known, players are heavily and frequently counselled about strictly adhering to it. When the dust clears hopefully CHN will get a punishment in line with the offence.

Unfortunately CHN is getting bundled in with Okunbor's more stupid antics.

Go Dogs

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

the best information at hand is that he had consensual sex with an OLDER woman he met on tinder. His only indiscretion was bringing her back to the team hotel. It barely warrants a fine let alone a mention.

The articles doing the rounds state that bpth players hooked up with 17 year olds. The teacher was from a different time.
If you cant see the bigger picture then you just dont get it. I won't bother trying to explain it again.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I won’t mention the club, but I know another team from syd that hired a hooker to a team hotel room, where they went doubles on her, one of the players was married the other single. They all fucking do it to an extent.
Players had to share a girl so it's obviously a cheap Sydney club.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

It sounds like that will be the case but Corey was fully aware of the club rules but chose to think with his dick

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The articles doing the rounds state that bpth players hooked up with 17 year olds. The teacher was from a different time.
If you cant see the bigger picture then you just dont get it. I won't bother trying to explain it again.
There is no bigger picture. They simply can't follow simple rules and some absolutely idiotic decisions were made, they deserve to be punished but the beat up and the way some people are carrying on is ridiculous.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I never took the blame off the players, but I have maintained that what they did was not illegal, nor did they break any rules bar bringing girls to the hotel. My previous post basically implied that if parents are outraged over their children behaving in such ways, they should have raised them differently
Yes they did, they broke team rules. The club sets a standard and make rules to reinforce these standards of behaviour, and all team members are expected to adhere to them. So yes, they did break rules. Not the law, but the team rules that they accepted when they joined the club.
To date, the parents have not said a word, so how do you figure their outrage? A teenager becoming sexually active has nothing to do with how they were raised! Its part part of life. This is why we expect that people with a little more maturity to make the right decisions in cases like this. Raising a child is an incredibly difficult job, but to suggest they have done a bad job of bit because a couple of football stars took advantage of them is a massive stretch. These players could go to any bar and probably have half if the single ladies at the venue interested in them, so why the fuck do they need to go and shag some 17 year old school kids????

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is no bigger picture. They simply can't follow simple rules and some absolutely idiotic decisions were made, they deserve to be punished but the beat up and the way some people are carrying on is ridiculous.
No it's not. You just cant seem to grasp the severity of the situation. Even if you ignore every other thing in the whole debacle, consider this, they just cost the club a major sponsor and $2 million dollars. Is this not enough to outrage you? Probably not. But if dean pay picks the wrong team, or god forbid Lewis make a public address you scream from the top of your soap box.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes they did, they broke team rules. The club sets a standard and make rules to reinforce these standards of behaviour, and all team members are expected to adhere to them. So yes, they did break rules. Not the law, but the team rules that they accepted when they joined the club.
To date, the parents have not said a word, so how do you figure their outrage? A teenager becoming sexually active has nothing to do with how they were raised! Its part part of life. This is why we expect that people with a little more maturity to make the right decisions in cases like this. Raising a child is an incredibly difficult job, but to suggest they have done a bad job of bit because a couple of football stars took advantage of them is a massive stretch. These players could go to any bar and probably have half if the single ladies at the venue interested in them, so why the fuck do they need to go and shag some 17 year old school kids????

hence "bar..."... I never said they should not be punished for their actions I am just saying it's not that big of a deal... it's not behaviour that I personally agree with, it's not how I was personally raised, but it's legal, and it's very common, especially among footballers... the fact that so many people are surprised to hear something like this is very strange.. I never made the claim that the parents are outraged, it was a response to somebody else's comments re outraged parents... that's why I said "if parents are outraged".. there is a difference between being sexually active, and hooking up with somebody upon first meet and then bragging about it in group chats imo

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Massive Facepalm... Idiotbor...

On the sponsors front, understandable that Rashay don't want an announcement while this is near the top of the news cycle. Would be good if they still came on board though, for the sake of all the players and staff at the club that are endeavouring to do the right thing. Wonder how long they will wait...

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
No it's not. You just cant seem to grasp the severity of the situation. Even if you ignore every other thing in the whole debacle, consider this, they just cost the club a major sponsor and $2 million dollars. Is this not enough to outrage you? Probably not. But if dean pay picks the wrong team, or god forbid Lewis make a public address you scream from the top of your soap box.
Im pretty sure he has. He did say "They simply can't follow simple rules and some absolutely idiotic decisions were made, they deserve to be punished." I believe what he is referring to is people carrying on like they groomed these girls and are paedophiles. The morale police are out in full force today. Check out how the mole is carrying on, stating its the grubbiest thing he has seen in 20 years. Yeah, its so much worse than a rape accusation, domestic violence, drink driving, terrorising an inoocent family etc.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I won’t mention the club, but I know another team from syd that hired a hooker to a team hotel room, where they went doubles on her, one of the players was married the other single. They all fucking do it to an extent.
Just putting it out there - but am I the only heterosexual guy, who has no interest in crossing erections with another dude?

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just putting it out there - but am I the only heterosexual guy, who has no interest in crossing erections with another dude?
Reminds me of Goon and Goon 2 with the Russian brothers...

"Worm kisses inside your mother..."

"We power fuck your mother"

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They broke club rules and done nothing illegal, simple as that. Stop beating it up to be more than what it actually is and damaging the club.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but if a parents teenage daughter thinks its a smart idea following a footy player to a hotel room... then they've done some sh!t @$$ parenting

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They broke club rules and done nothing illegal, simple as that. Stop beating it up to be more than what it actually is and damaging the club.
Actually if they met the girls while making a school visit and the girls are under 18 then it is illegal.

If they met the girls outside of the school and they are 16 or older then it isn't illegal.

Has it been made clear where they met them?