Jarryd Hayne - Quits Parra for NFL trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not surprised. He won origin finally, parra will never release him and he knows he can't win a premiership there. I don't see this being about money at all. I'm not really too into nfl so don't know too much about it but I read somewhere awhile ago that if he played nfl, he wouldn't even be on a million a year. True or false???

Also, what position would he play and does anyone think he'll be a success. He's obviously an exceptional athlete but it's a totally different game

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It is absolutely ridiculous that the NRL is losing a lot of its best players. The flood gates have now opened.
All the Eels fault to be honest, they could of released him to play for us like he wanted as he didn't to be part of a losing culture anymore. Well done Eels you have cost our game and our club one the most complete players ever, so will the NRL come down hard on the Eels for anything now or even help them with their financial struggles? I hope they let them die as this is a huge mistake by them...

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
NRL is a joke compared to NFL

NFL > NRL

NRL is the most unproffessional sport to be very honest!

Good luck to him, I think this is a massive opportunity for him and I'd would have done the same.

A

Alexander the Great

This means choc will get in stewarts ear to jump shio as well to parra...

Losing hayne might be a blessing in disguise.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
congratulations nrl slavery cap

poor eels

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm mate tells me he has been training with the Silverwater NFL team for the past two weeks

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's Official.

Dear Blue and Gold Army,
For the past 24 months I’ve been thinking about having a crack in the NFL, and over the last 12 months I’ve been seriously considering it.
Today I can officially announce that I will be heading to the United States to pursue an opportunity to play American Football.
I will be withdrawing from the Kangaroos Four Nations side immediately, and accepting a conditional release from the Eels to make the move overseas.
The reason I didn’t make this decision any earlier was because of the part I played in getting Brad to the club and the way we finished the season. I felt I owed the Club one more year and I gave it everything I could.
It’s always been a dream of mine to play in the NFL, and at my age, this is my one and only chance at having a crack at playing there.
I’m excited about the potential opportunities that lie ahead. I’ve known the deadline has been looming for me to make this call, and I believe the right time is now.
I’m so passionate about the challenge that lies ahead for me, not only as an athlete but more so as a person. It’s the hardest decision I have ever had to make in my life. I’m leaving my teammates, friends, and most importantly my family; but for me to grow as an athlete and a person I feel this is the right step to take.
It hasn’t been an easy decision for me to leave the Eels, the club’s been my home and family since I was 13, and I’ve always been proud to pull on the Blue and Gold jersey with my teammates.
The hardest thing about leaving the club is there’s stability for the first time in a long time, but I know where my heart lies and I’m following that.
I’m always telling people to chase their dreams and follow their hearts, if I don’t live by that I’m not being honest with myself.
I'm leaving knowing that I have signed a ‘lifetime agreement’ with the Eels, so if I return to the NRL, it will be to Parramatta.
I'm grateful to all of you for the support you've shown me at this club, thank you.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LOL @ Tim Sheens' comments when told this morning of the news... "You're kidding me".

Is Australia fielding a side this year? LOL

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He will trial for 4-5 weeks, If he is cut (which will be likely) he will be back with the Eels before the season starts.
I would say if anything Special teams Kick/Punt Return, particularly with the season already underway
Are you kidding me? He will make it the guy is a natural freak and one of the most complete athletes I have ever seen play any sport, the bloke has so many options in his teens in what he could of done including becoming Olympic gold material so don't be surprised if you see him has a runner as the bloke is ****ing fast and strong.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
All the Eels fault to be honest, they could of released him to play for us like he wanted as he didn't to be part of a losing culture anymore. Well done Eels you have cost our game and our club one the most complete players ever, so will the NRL come down hard on the Eels for anything now or even help them with their financial struggles? I hope they let them die as this is a huge mistake by them...
He is saying if he returns it will be to the Eels.

So does that mean they have to hold $1M of their cap open in case Hayne flops?

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
I'm not surprised. He won origin finally, parra will never release him and he knows he can't win a premiership there. I don't see this being about money at all. I'm not really too into nfl so don't know too much about it but I read somewhere awhile ago that if he played nfl, he wouldn't even be on a million a year. True or false???

Also, what position would he play and does anyone think he'll be a success. He's obviously an exceptional athlete but it's a totally different game
$1m? not right away. He'd be on undrafted rookie money i imagine, as they also have salary cap and i'm not sure he's even played the game so no team will give him a mil as he's not guaranteed a spot on their roster (maximum of 53) and depending on position they only carry 2/3

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must be a circus in town, because the clowns are already out.

FACT:
You made numberous bogus claims in the 8 posts your last account had. A moderator closed those threads and you ignored him and recreated them. When queried on them and warned to refrain from posting such garbage without a legitimate source, you ignored that advice and instead verbally abused and threatened a moderator (top hint: that never goes down well).

Now you breach the forum rules regarding creating a second account when banned.

So both accounts are likely to be permabanned. No actually probably one better. Accounts will be banned and addresses blocked from signup.

If it was anything massive, then the media (Rothfield/Wiedler/RLWMole) would be all over it. And I don't consider Watmough to Parra to be massive news at all, and hardly worthy of the song and dance you are creating over this.
You ready to apologise to him?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He is saying if he returns it will be to the Eels.

So does that mean they have to hold $1M of their cap open in case Hayne flops?
I doubt he will return to them bro, this could also be a ploy to make them spend their cap so he has to join another club lol

But yeah the Eels are a ****ing joke of a club right now, I heard we were close to getting Hayne but the Eels didn't want to release him and now they have made the ultimate mistake and made our code look like a ****ing joke. If I was the NRL I would start to suffocate the Eels, come down hard on them and not help them financially at all after this. Yes there is pride and etc but there is also stupidity and this tops it lol, we could of had him but it lead to this, well done Eels well done...

Status
Not open for further replies.