Jarryd Hayne criticises NRL referees for not giving Parramatta Eels a fair go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Jarryd Hayne criticises NRL referees for not giving Parramatta Eels a fair go

Jarryd Hayne has waved the yellow card at NRL referees, claiming his Eels are heavily scrutinised because they do not have as many big-name players as their rivals.
His comments came as his frustration with referees grew after Parramatta's 18-16 loss to Canterbury on Friday night.
The Eels had to wait until the 33rd minute to receive their first penalty having conceded four in the opening 15 minutes. Canterbury finished ahead in the penalty count 5-4.
"When you look at our game and you compare it to other games you're scratching your head and asking why we are getting penalised," Hayne said.
Advertisement
"The biggest thing is we don't have big-name players. You look at other clubs – Manly, Storm, Bulldogs, South Sydney. Why are they going well? Because they are wrestling in tackles.
"They are getting away with things that we wouldn't get away with. I don't know what it is – but because we don't have those big-name players we don't get treated like they would ... Because we don’t have the big name players or superstars in our forward pack [does that mean] we can’t dominate the tackles?”

That early defensive workload took its toll on Parramatta, who had the ball for just four of the opening 14 sets on Friday night. Canterbury raced in three tries within 29 minutes as they capitalised on their possession.
"Straight after the game I was speaking with [coach] Brad [Arthur] about the first four penalties,” Hayne said.
"We [were] just left shaking our heads. There is no explanation from our point of view for what we did wrong. We are playing footy. We are getting in there and dominating the tackle and there was one time there that there was nothing in it. They [the refs] gave them a penalty for literally no reason.
"We don’t have big-name players so we don't get any leniency in the ruck."
As the last round began the Eels were equal fourth for most penalties conceded in the NRL.
Hayne was particularly critical of two calls by referees Ben Cummins and Chris James: when Will Hopoate was forced in-goal despite Hayne believing his momentum had already been stopped, and a high-tackle penalty against hooker Isaac De Gois.
Hayne said he found it difficult to communicate with the on-field officials during play.
"I try and say my part on the field and half the time they don't want to talk about it," Hayne said.
"It's tough because when you see things like that, that are blatantly obvious that wasn't a penalty or we should've got a penalty you become frustrated. Your first reaction is to be upset. That's something I need to be better at.
"When you're in the heat of the battle it's tough. When things are going against you it's hard to communicate.
"It doesn't do much when you talk to them – they aren't going to turn the penalty around. Most of the time I just want an explanation or [want to know] what we can do better to work with the refs to accommodate what they are saying we are doing wrong."
Hayne also called on the NRL to go back to having just one referee controlling the game.
Meanwhile, centre Ryan Morgan said Arthur had addressed the team on Monday but had spoken little about their must-win match against Manly on Friday night.
"We briefly touched over it," Morgan said. "Everyone knows where we are sitting on the table. Every game is do or die for us."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-a-fair-go-20140818-105etl.html#ixzz3Ak3d8Rro
And yet the Bulldogs get penalised more than pretty much any club in the NRL...... point disproved, now stop with the crying Jarryd, stop playing games to have the refs go easy on you this weekend.

"I try and say my part on the field and half the time they don't want to talk about it," Hayne said. - Yes, because refs don't stop to talk to players other than at set times as of this season....... some one send the Eels the current rule book, they don't seem to know most of them.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fck does hayne even reads the stats for penalties before he opens his mouth..fmd!

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And yet the Bulldogs get penalised more than pretty much any club in the NRL...... point disproved, now stop with the crying Jarryd, stop playing games to have the refs go easy on you this weekend.
He is the biggest fuk wit going around in the nrl, I hope to god he steers clear away from owe club.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
this must be great for eels team morale, their star player insulted the rest of the players by calling them not big names

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds like what Ricky Stuart said in his press conference, Jarryd is turning into a whinger.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
All I read was

Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whingy whingy whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whingy whingy whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whingy whingy whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whingy whingy whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whingy whingy whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whingy whingy whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whingy whingy whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whingy whingy whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whingy whingy whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whingy whingy whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whingy whingy whinge, Bulldogs Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whingy whingy whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whingy whingy whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whingy whingy whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whinge whinge whinge, Whingy whingy whinge,

pupii

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He sounds like most of the people on the Kennel. Refs screwed us!

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yea but people on the Kennel are fans, even when we've been absolutely murdered in the penalty count our players have kept a much more level head than Hayne ever did.

The thing is though this whinging can either make the refs penalise them harder or the opposite. 50/50 chance

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
R6 - Won penalty count 8-4
R10 - Won penalty count 8-6
R20 - Won penalty count 5-4
R22 - Won penalty count 10-8

That's all. So he does have a point.

LOL about "we don't have any big name players".

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds like what Ricky Stuart said in his press conference, Jarryd is turning into a whinger.
Not winning anything does that to you lol, I reckon Hayne is sick of playing Parramatta standard sides now. Even though the Eels are starting to rebuild I think Hayne wants more for once...

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Why do players and coaches have the tenancy to talk about the penalty count being in their favour or not like it's a lottery or something? I mean I know the refs suck, but in general they are just calling penalties when they are there right?

I didn't see the game all that closely, and penalties against the Eels I wasn't at all focused on, so, where any of the calls especially tough or controversial against them?

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is right.

The judiciary set the prescedence when big name players get away with murder. How many times has billy slater gone in with his knees and also gets away with flying head kicks, yet gets away clean.

Like it or not a big name player will get away with more than a plodding veteran.

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Was it just me or was Hayne having a cry almost every time he got tackled!! My missus used to like him till she actually watched a game with him playing and she said "damn Hayne whinges a lot, and this is coming from someone that hates footy

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The penalty count was Resonably low and probably 1 of the better reffed games this year (cause they mainly stayed out of it ) but week in week out there is huge inconsistencies with rule interpretation.

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I started a new thread on this minutes ago. Didn't see this one. But as I said, this is all a bit rich for Hayne to be whinge about the refs and lack of big-name players when he, himself got away with a 'chicken-wing' tackle on Bryce Goodwin in the '09 preliminary final.
Reason for that: 'cause he's Jarryd Hayne!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I Don't think refs should use players names call out there numbers on the back and refer to them that way. And just stick to the rules no personal involvement at all.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The NRL would love its star selling point heaping shit on them, the refs are ordinary this year, get on with it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The ref doesn't drop balls.
The ref doesn't tap balls with his thigh.
The ref doesn't leave gaping holes in their defensive line.

Build a bridge Hayne.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
He knows he is the current golden child of the NRL - he's expecting them to kneel down and suck his cock. What a ****ing sook. Cries everytime he gets tackled, whinges to the refs about everything. Ch9 have given him the biggest head possible - watching the coverage from friday night was like watching the jarryd hayne show featuring phil gould - no wonder he thinks he can get away with anything. Our boys didn't bitch like this when we dudded harrrrd by the refs vs penriff...

He should, or Failmatta should be fined 10k...

Status
Not open for further replies.