No Source James Tamou

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thoughts on him as a possible buy?
Off contract at the end of the year & can add some experience value to the club.
Could be used as a starting block to possibly entice some of the other Penrith young guns over (e.g. Matt Burton etc).

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Id figure he'd be one our club would target as he's old and would want a pay day. I hope we don't get him tbh I'd rather someone younger. Would be awesome if we could steal Flegler, Leinu or Guler.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Id figure he'd be one our club would target as he's old and would want a pay day. I hope we don't get him tbh I'd rather someone younger. Would be awesome if we could steal Flegler, Leinu or Guler.
I actually think for the right price he would be a good buy. He's going good this year. A perfect foil for Thompson imo.

Tamou, Thompson and Jackson as our starting middle would be pretty good.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s a no from me. He’s just a standard prop.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We can do better, I’d rather try and snag a younger guy (I’m a fan of Rhys Kennedy at the Broncos or Guler etc.) for less $$ who has more long-term upside.

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He lost his sting in 2016.
He's a meathead and ***** won't learn from him so it's a no unless he somehow displayed a hunger to play on bare minimum.
Much better looking at a pit bull. A Nathan brown, Fifita, Papalii or a Jarrod Wallace.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With Thompson coming in I don’t think he’d be the best option. I like the bloke but think we need an impact bloke that runs off the back fence.
Thompson, RT, Napa, Topine, RFM, JJ & a decent young guy as stated above for next year.
We need top class hooker above anything else. For now I don’t actually mind Cogger for the rest of this season, but not any further.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Bottom of the barrel...

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
He is on good coin and would want decent money. If Napa was off contract maybe but can't carry both on good money plus Thompson.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
With Thompson coming in I don’t think he’d be the best option. I like the bloke but think we need an impact bloke that runs off the back fence.
Thompson, RT, Napa, Topine, RFM, JJ & a decent young guy as stated above for next year.
We need top class hooker above anything else. For now I don’t actually mind Cogger for the rest of this season, but not any further.
I like cogger at 9 he showed more in 1 game than king has. But I think cogger is our best option a 7. He is a good 7 if he can play on the ball not just one side. Pay needs to modernize he game plan. Should be easier it's 90s throwback .

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd much rather Flegler than Tamou as Flegler is as good if not better than Tamou now and a lot younger.

Recruiting a hooker, half, fullback, centre and edge 2nd rower all need to be addressed first before they look at props.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He would add experience to our pack and mentor the likes of To’omaga & Ogden. If Tolman, Elliot and Sue don’t get their contracts extended he would be decent signing and field the experience void. Anyone but Britt on the bench would nice lol.

A prop rotation of Thompson, Napa To’omaga and Tamou would be better than what we have.

As mentioned above, we have pressing issues with our hooker, halves and backline.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'd be more than happy to take him. Brings experience, good carries and has some nice footwork. Also give us a different body build.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id rather hethrington from penrith, has a bit of shit in him, and only young.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if the current game suits big/line bending props. Can be a changing of times for workhorse, speedier props.

We need to see how Thompson fits in first. But Napa has to go at the end of his contract.

I’m not sure what is required for the new nrl. But young dynamic hookers seem to be the in thing with the 6 again, 7 tackle sets from dead in goal etc. turning into a quick gameplay. So the smaller guys will shine more.