News James Graham

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
From 2012-15 he was one of the best front rowers in the game. There was a point where he was pretty much out best play maker in 2014 so I think it’s unfair to say he wasn’t the smartest forward. He declined steadily from 2015 and he was a shadow of himself in his last few seasons at the Dogs and the whole time at St George.
I agree but geez our squad and gameplan and execution was hopeless so that impacted Jimmy.

He was gold first few years with us...you cant buy that passion, but as a coach and mentor he would have to develop his skills before he could fit into Barretts plan I think.

Hope that happens down the track bc we need recent top notch players around the club.

We are probably too unsettled into the rebuild of the roster and playing stability to suit Jammer atm but his passion and work ethic would be ideal in a year or two when we adjust to Baz's coaching methods.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fark am I the only guy that thinks Jammer is extremely overrated? Like Warhorse and all but hardly the smartest forward out there nor the most damaging unless he led with his head.
To be honest I liked JG but he was not my style of forward. I prefer the Beetson, Roach, Kelly, Lazerous, Webke type of prop or blokes that play like Harrigan, Geyer, Pritchard, Ogar or Petro.

He had some good years with us but played too much Des ball and it changed him.

But definitely a good bloke to go to war with.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fark am I the only guy that thinks Jammer is extremely overrated? Like Warhorse and all but hardly the smartest forward out there nor the most damaging unless he led with his head.
I agree. But he did always chase down the breakaway try scorer, and keep him out wide. Despite us losing by 30, with 2 mins of play left!!!! Was ok a long time ago, but geez ended up a decoy machine.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
perhaps an ambassador role for the club and working in the junior grades for Graham

I do think him being involved in the club would be beneficial but not coaching until he proves himself and/or shows promise

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Being a good player doesn’t automatically make you a good coach. I’m pretty happy with the team TBaz has assembled if he wants Graham then all good but I’m not really that fussed if he goes to the Dragons.

Coming back to a old club doesn’t always have the fairytale ending just look at what happened with Steve Price.
SPOT ON! He was a very average captain at best even when he was up there being regarded as one of the best forwards in the world.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
More jobs for the boy's. There is 100 great bulldogs players that dont get a continued ride through the club because they dont know what else to do. But a pom yyhat was only here for about what ! 5 or 6 years ? Come on people wake up, graham couldnt organise, be patient enough or teach 2 black ants to fight over a can of coke.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Graham's best year for us was in 2012 and in particular, because of the shape we adopted in attack with Graham being first receiver and then having an inside runner, an outside runner, and a spine player out the back, and then Graham running at the line and then having to choose the inside runner, outside runner, the player out the back or running it himself... and he showed good judgement that year

add Barba in top form and that made up much of our attack that year

the problem was that other teams worked out our forwards passing it on and Barba blew up in 2013 with allegations that he had beaten up his missus and then suffered a high ankle sprain... this then simplified our attack and Graham was left with grunt work only

my criticisms of Graham centre on him letting the emotion of the moment lead to unnecessary actions and blow ups (eg. the Good Friday game vs Souths, biting Slater in the 2012 GF)

ideally, you want a prop partnership of a damaging ball runner (eg. Webcke) with a player with a high workrate (eg. Price)

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Convinced His fucking ear bite cost us that GF against Melb. Just as we were getting on top, totally changed the momentum of the game. The single dumbest thing a Bulldogs player has done in my time following them since 1979

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
from memory, Cronk's kicking game that day was pretty majestic

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JG was great in the first couple of seasons but he was far too overused and became predictable. He passes far too early before the line and backwards so deep it resulted in the Dogs having the worst attack in the game after 2012 GF. The same with Jake Turbo just watch him in the 3rd Origin match. We have to abandon the forward playing as halfback mentality which has led the Dogs to the cellar. Forwards should be playing like Burgess or Beetson/SBW, either run hard and break the line or draw multiple defenders in a tackle and pass after the line. JG's work ethic and defence is great but his style of attack is obsolete.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burgess and graham don’t won’t to go back and give back to the super league?
Maybe they feel they can give back here. Anyway not sure who would want Burgess at moment with everything hanging over him atm.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe they feel they can give back here. Anyway not sure who would want Burgess at moment with everything hanging over him atm.
I know they can but they are English I would rather see them try and help the English game and the English players.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I know they can but they are English I would rather see them try and help the English game and the English players.
They want to live in Sydney.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Love Jamma but that’s history plus he’s had way too much Desball for mine
No thanks

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Coaching staff is 100% sorted maybe down the track if Baz thought he was a fit but right now..NO

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
One of the best props & our best leader since Price..

No brainer to get him back mentoring the younger forwards if we can..
Price can't tie Graham's shoelaces.
Graham spen his best years with us, left reluctantly to help the club in a bad situation, and is a class act.

Price snaked us for brown paper bags to play his best year at the Warriors... and is a degerate gambler.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Price can't tie Graham's shoelaces.
Graham spen his best years with us, left reluctantly to help the club in a bad situation, and is a class act.

Price snaked us for brown paper bags to play his best year at the Warriors... and is a degerate gambler.
They said gambling was false rumours?....

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The worst captain we ever had IMO, over indulged in applying Vaseline, hard to understand, I was never overawed by his playing ability and towards the end was in our faces via the media to the extent I found something else to do whenever he was on TV or any other source of media.
As a top Pommie forward I would have taken Sam Burgess any day of the week, I never ever saw Graham produce a game to state that he was the dominant forward in our pack again, IMO