News James Graham

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Graham in talks with St George to start a coaching career.

Dogs have to put themselves in the piture to get Graham back where he belongs.

Never a good look when clubs can't look after their club captains appropriatly and maintain some continuity with club culture.
No coincidence our fortunes start taking a dive after letting 3 in a row go (Pritchard, Ennis, then Graham).

Come on dogs, would certainly be a healthy personality to have around to mentor a young squad like ours.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Being a good player doesn’t automatically make you a good coach. I’m pretty happy with the team TBaz has assembled if he wants Graham then all good but I’m not really that fussed if he goes to the Dragons.

Coming back to a old club doesn’t always have the fairytale ending just look at what happened with Steve Price.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not overly concerned if he winds up with us. But it would be nice if he instilled some of his competitive spirit into the squad.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burgess and graham don’t won’t to go back and give back to the super league?

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Any retiring player should take a break before getting into coaching.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz did great in his time away from FG coaching building relationships with quality people and coaches he could call on and rely on when he got another FG gig. It's going fine so leave the coaching and coaching staff to him.

Furner is like gold as forwards coach and Hanson is a great mentor and leader and commands respect. Maybe later for Graham if he proves he's good enough somewhere else, but now is no time for blind sentiment.

Bluebarry

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We love them all the same but we can't give them all jobs .
James will always have a home here no doubt

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
TBAZ has his team/squad etc.. and things are looking much more settled at the doggies, we don’t need Jimmy ..!!!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Offering ex-players jobs just because they played for us doesn't always end well. The most recent example - Dean Pay.

If he can bring something we need and is the best person for the role then by all means but not just because he was an ex-captain.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fark am I the only guy that thinks Jammer is extremely overrated? Like Warhorse and all but hardly the smartest forward out there nor the most damaging unless he led with his head.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fark am I the only guy that thinks Jammer is extremely overrated? Like Warhorse and all but hardly the smartest forward out there nor the most damaging unless he led with his head.
From 2012-15 he was one of the best front rowers in the game. There was a point where he was pretty much out best play maker in 2014 so I think it’s unfair to say he wasn’t the smartest forward. He declined steadily from 2015 and he was a shadow of himself in his last few seasons at the Dogs and the whole time at St George.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
he would make a great mascot, just need to stop running 3rd man in when shit happens

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One of the best props & our best leader since Price..

No brainer to get him back mentoring the younger forwards if we can..

fro

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think TBaz is what we need going forward , he seems to have exceptional attacking prowess. Jammer has too earn his stripes first before considering IMO