James Graham Guilty- 12 week suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Just got home from the game and watched some replays - doesn't look good. Very disappointing.

MrDogzOfWar

Dogz At War!
Reaction score

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
if we play 12 trial matches he'll be ok for seasons kick off

B

bulldogs012

I don't think it was a coincidence that it happened. Think of a few things.
1) he can't wait to go and see his family
2) he mentioned in his media interview "I could have gotten up to leave if I wanted to" sounds bad in some way. Means he has thought about it.
3) Greenburg wanted to extend his contract for a further 2 years.

MrDogzOfWar

Dogz At War!
Reaction score
Just got home from the game and watched some replays - doesn't look good. Very disappointing.
I can't believe you watched the replays... I watched it at home with mates and after the game when they showed the replays and when i saw them straight away flicked it to another channel.. It was too HEARTBREAKING to watch...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
BTW the poster who started this thread (now banned) is a known troublemaker from Silvertails.

Ironically good mates with Hammertime.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
How many weeks?
The English international will be referred straight to the NRL judiciary and if found guilty will face a lengthy suspension beginning in the 2013 season.

10+ (unfortunately), we may need to get use to the fact from now that he won't be playing for a while.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I know it looks bad, but think about it, every player knows its against the rules, and Graham (even in ESL) is a pretty subdued player.

Think about how many high shots he's had this year and how many times he could have gone Corey Payne on someone head, but decided against it!

Grubbiness isn't in James Graham's game, and that's why I'd be VERY surprised if he has bitten him.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't test matches come out of the ban if there is one?

I am astounded by his actions. For a player of his class to do such a thing is beyond me...

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
He had a nibble a few weeks ago too, but didn't actually connect.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Say bye to graham for about 3 months.

Disgusting act, and if it was from someone in the storm side we would be calling blue murder.

I am disappointed to the absolute max in him and didnt think he had it in his game. Everyone is going to remember him from this act now, sort of like how hoppa is only remembered for 1 incident. Half a second of rage has ruined him.

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
How long will graham get?

Guys, title says it all. How long are you expecting his suspension to be?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So brutal that this is what he'll be remembered for in the NRL now no matter what. Poor form. Devo.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
As he wrestled with Slater, Graham could be seen to lower his mouth towards Slater's left ear and the Test fullback immediately reeled away as he grabbed at his ear.

He then told Archer he had been bitten as video referees Chris Ward and Shayne Hayne decided whether to award the try to Perrett and checked if Slater had done anything illegal.

After awarding the try, Archer called out Graham and asked Slater if he still wanted to make an official biting complaint against the 27-year-old former England captain.

"F---ing oath. He bit me," Slater responded.

Archer then said to fellow referee Ben Cummins: "You see the incident, you see the blood on the ear, everyone has seen that. That incident is on report."

Graham did not react as he stood with Bulldogs captain Michael Ennis listening to Archer.

The incident shocked Canterbury teammates as it is considered out of character for Graham, who has now played in seven successive grand finals in Super League and the NRL but won just one.

However, they believe he was caught up in the heat of the moment, and are resigned to Graham facing a long suspension after former teammate Brad Morrin was suspended for eight matches in 2007 for biting Parramatta's Timana Tahu.

Gold Coast fullback William Zillman was the last NRL player suspended for biting when he received a four-match ban in 2009 for biting South Sydney's Jamie Simpson.

The match review committee will study footage of the incident today before deciding whether to charge Graham but it is likely he will be ordered to front the NRL judiciary on Wednesday. Slater is expected to be asked to give evidence.

Any suspension will include two pre-season matches next year but it is unlikely that Graham can count England's end-of-season Tests against France and Wales as the teams have not yet been selected.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...or-premiers-20120930-26trk.html#ixzz27xCQXNYR
Worth noting Slaters got Graham in a headlock around the neck it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.