James Graham could be out the door for Tigers x 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
James Graham could be out the door as a casualty of Wests Tigers drama
APRIL 6, 20171:09PM
JAMES Graham could be forced out of the Bulldogs in an extraordinary consequence of the ongoing drama surrounding the Wests Tigers “big four”.

On an incredible morning in the NRL recruitment market, mixed reports on Thursday claimed the Bulldogs are favourites to secure the signatures of Tigers captain Aaron Woods and star No. 1 James Tedesco.

According to reports:

— Graham could be forced out of Belmore to make way for Woods, Tedesco and potentially Kieran Foran

— The Roosters are back on speaking terms with “black-listed” player agent Isaac Moses, who is negotiating through back channels for Tedesco to sign with the Roosters; and

— Tigers playmaker Mitchell Moses will not be released for at least two weeks after requesting an early release to join Parramatta immediately.

It comes as new Wests Tigers coach Ivan Cleary said he would be “surprised” if Moses did request an immediate release to join the Eels and would expect his five-eighth to “finish well” at the Tigers.

Channel 7’s chief rugby league reporter Josh Massoud on Thursday reported Woods is very close to signing with Canterbury.

A clean out could be on the way.Source:News Corp Australia

Fox Sports’ chief NRL journalist James Hooper on Thursday also reported Woods is expected to join Canterbury.

In potentially gut-wrenching news for Tigers fans, Hooper reports Wests’ off-contract fullback Tedesco has knocked back the Tigers and is choosing between the Bulldogs and Roosters for his home for 2018 onwards.

Massoud’s report claims Woods’ transfer to link up with NSW State of Origin teammate David Klemmer as well as the pursuit of a star playmaker means there may be no room for Graham next year.

“I think Woods is very close to joining Canterbury,” Massoud told Sky Sports Radio’s Big Sports Breakfast.

“Something has to give at Canterbury. You can see there is a big clean out on the way there to accommodate Aaron Woods on a contract worth close to $1 million. Something has to give and there are rumblings around James Graham.

“He’s played almost 400 games when you count his England career, his test career and his NRL career and maybe his body is starting to show a bit of wear and tear so maybe that could be the one to give.”

The Australian Newspaper reported earlier this week the Bulldogs are also considering shopping around fullback William Hopoate to other clubs to free up salary cap space.

The Bulldogs have also been mentioned as the most likely destination for Melbourne Storm superstar Cooper Cronk if he decides to play on in 2018 when he moves to Sydney to be with his fiancee, Fox Sports presenter Tara Rushton, at the end of this season.

James Tedesco is choosing between two clubs.Source:AAP

Tedesco’s future appears the most undecided out of the Tigers’ “big four” following Luke Brooks’ decision to re-sign and Moses’ decision to move to the Eels.

Massoud reports Tedesco’s agent Isaac Moses, who was blacklisted by Roosters supremo Nick Politis over a number of unsatisfactory dealings with the Bondi club, has reached out to Roosters coach Trent Robinson and Easts club legend Anthony Minichiello, a friend of Tedesco’s from their time playing together for Italy at the Rugby League World Cup.

“They’re going around the back door,” Massoud said of Moses’ talks with the Roosters.

“Nick Politis, it’s well known he black-banned James Tedesco’s management after he banned them over a series of disappointing engagements, it wasn’t just that Mitchell Moses backflipped on them last year.

“Moses’ agent has gone to Trent Robinson directly and he’s also gone to Anthony Minichiello, who is very good mates with Tedesco, to try and generate some interest with the Roosters. That could be one that fires up if Mick Gordon decides that he can’t go around for another year.”

Meanwhile, Mitchell Moses will eventually be granted a release by the Wests Tigers, but not until Tigers halfback Brooks returns from a hamstring injury, according to Massoud.

Aaron Woods is expected to join Canterbury.Source:News Corp Australia

Moses’ request to join Parramatta now, after signing with Parramatta for next season, is news to Tigers coach Cleary.

The new joint-venture mentor told Triple M’s The Grill Team he would expect any player leaving his team to want to leave things on good terms.

“There hasn’t been any official notification, certainly at least not across my desk,” Cleary said.

“I haven’t really had a chance to talk to Mitchell at all. I would find it surprising to be honest, but then again, anything is possible in this game.

“I would have thought if he’s made the decision to move on, then like other players at other clubs it’s important to finish well at the club that you’re at, especially if you’ve been there for a while. I would imagine most players think like that.”

Cleary also said he will speak with Woods and Tedesco today after already speaking with them about their futures at the club.

“I’ve spoken to those boys. I’ll be doing it again of course. I’ve only been here for a few days. We’re very keen to secure both James and Aaron. That’s as far as far as I’ve gone,” Cleary said.

“I’ll be meeting with Isaac over the next couple of days, their manager, and hopefully we can work out a situation one way or the other. It’s really important that these players are on the bus and are committed to what I’m sure will be a bright future.”

silva

Utility
Reaction score
That's a shit go if true and would be a bad move by the club. Very short sighted

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a shit go if true and would be a bad move by the club. Very short sighted
Not sure why Tolman or Beastwood isn't asked to move on before Graham is ... but I guess our club doesn't learn, last time we moved our Captain Ennis on to make way for Lichha and that proved a FAIL! NOW it's groundhog day over again!

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh ffs we don't need nor want fkn woods. I'd rather graham over him if graham finds form again he shits all over woods. And why the fuk isn't tolman along with Eastwood the ones that would be gone before graham?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We don't even need woods though. Sack whoever for Foran and Tedesco I'd be happy but not fucken graham for woods. Woods is a fraud
Eh he's young and has a man relationship with Klemmer. I can see him having competitions over meters gained with Klems, which would be sweet.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What a load of shit.
He didn't even pretend to "hear rumblings" or "have a source" ? It's just his opinion, based on the fact that he thinks graham has played a lot of footy ??
Stupid article.
These articles don;t even have a name to them.

Newspapers should actually be held accountable for this rubbish.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Woods on a million is just silly. I would take teddy Cronk or Foran for big dollar though. Feel for Graham but he is taking a large amount of our cap. I hope woods does come only if it means teddy comes.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
What a load of shit.
He didn't even pretend to "hear rumblings" or "have a source" ? It's just his opinion, based on the fact that he thinks graham has played a lot of footy ??
Stupid article.
It's all conjecture, and headline grabbing. I'll wait to hear an official statement from the Dogs.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
what a stupid decision to extend tolman and let go Graham.

I dont see any difference between woods and graham at this stage, so pointless to move graham to accommodate woods
Yeah totally agree with that. The only good thing i could see coming out of it is woods and klemmer are pretty close, who knows, having them play side by side each week could help push both their games to even higher level. If the reported figure of 1 million is even anywhere near the actual real figure coming out of the cap per season, than fuck me that is ridiculous.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We might get woods to lure teddy over
No woods equals no teddy is how I'm reading things

Eastwood will go too along with lichaa and hoppa if he doesn't drop his asking price

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why are we complaining about being aggressive in the playing market
You can't win with some fans
If we buy and pursue no one we complain and if we are after quality and need to shuffle the decks we complain.

How do You know jammer hasn't asked for a release to go back to the uk and begin a family with his new partner

He has always said he would return to sthelens one day

Status
Not open for further replies.