James Graham Copping Head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Apologies for the title - I couldn't help myself.

On a more serious note, is it just me or has King James been copping numerous high shots? Last year as well.

He likes to lean into the defence with his carries, but the number of arms to the head he gets is frustrating to watch.

Half the problem may be that he never complains, and just gets up and plays the ball. However, I'd like it if the refs kept an eye on it.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm getting sick of referees not penalising it, our captain doesn't lay down to milk yet referees can't seem to see it happening so much...

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree I've never seen a man cop so many head high tackles and just get up and get on with the game, he never lays down and tries to milk penalties, he is so tough.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure his head is made from titanium so i'd be surprised if he even even feels it.

All hail king Graham!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You are quite correct. I have been saying this for the last two years and yes it is frustrating that it continues to happen with no consequences for the player making the tackle. Jimmy is a champion andit is not in his nature to complain, he just cops it sweet.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did anyone catch james swearing his head off after our last try? About 5 f bombs before they cut the audio on the camera lol

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
His head probably hurt their arms more anyway.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone catch james swearing his head off after our last try? About 5 f bombs before they cut the audio on the camera lol
Hahaha yeah I could see it from the stands, he definitely unleashes at them. Love it.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
He runs with his head down, which leaves him open to high shots when his opposition are trying to wrap up the ball. Last night, the refs were more concerned about playing the ball on the spot than watching for Manly high shots.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Apologies for the title - I couldn't help myself.

On a more serious note, is it just me or has King James been copping numerous high shots? Last year as well.

He likes to lean into the defence with his carries, but the number of arms to the head he gets is frustrating to watch.

Half the problem may be that he never complains, and just gets up and plays the ball. However, I'd like it if the refs kept an eye on it.
Another crack like that and you will fall apart :-)

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
A perfect example of why he is our captain. Last night when the Dogs ran onto the field, every player ran onto the left hand side of the field ready to kick off, not James, he ran over to the other side of the field on Manly's side for the 1st half, and applauded the Kennel, then ran back and got ready for kick off - Pure class

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A perfect example of why he is our captain. Last night when the Dogs ran onto the field, every player ran onto the left hand side of the field ready to kick off, not James, he ran over to the other side of the field on Manly's side for the 1st half, and applauded the Kennel, then ran back and got ready for kick off - Pure class
If he stays with us for the rest of his career he needs his own statue in belmore ,

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes he is all class. Saw him do something similar vs Parra to the crowd on the tunnel side.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If it was inglis theyd protect him the corrup pink blind fcuks

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If it was inglis theyd protect him the corrup pink blind fcuks
I reckon he won't get called up walking off the mark like he always does either or pushing markets over.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He runs with his head down, which leaves him open to high shots when his opposition are trying to wrap up the ball. Last night, the refs were more concerned about playing the ball on the spot than watching for Manly high shots.
Also when he sees a bit of space he holds the ball in both hands looking for a runner. No protection, easy target

"No come back and play the ball here" was the call ad nauseum to the Manly players. "Play the ball here. Do that once more and I'll penalise you". About the second time the Bulldogs stepped off the mark. Just another example of lop sided refereeing. But don't say anything 'cos it will cost you $10K.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He is too tough to stay down but i notice every game he cops a lot of high shots. Just because he stays down it doesnt mean the nrl match reveiew committee cant suspend these players for 1-2 games. Its getting ridiculous.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is too tough to stay down but i notice every game he cops a lot of high shots. Just because he stays down it doesnt mean the nrl match reveiew committee cant suspend these players for 1-2 games. Its getting ridiculous.
If opposition players get suspended after the game for a few weeks, how does it help us?

In my opinion Bupa should milk them for the good of the team. We all know he is tuff as but the team always comes first!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nappa attacked his head last year

Grubby Roooster Rorter$

Status
Not open for further replies.