Jamal Idris 2010 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
i still dont understand why people want to rush him....he is still learning his trade in the backline...leave him be ffs

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mixed game from Idris, some howler moments for him but atleast he offers a great deal in attack...

Soft penalty towards the end...like how the f*ck was that even a penalty?!?! Looked EXACTLY like a SBW shoulder charge...this isn't union for f*cks sake

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
terrible first hour from Idris. His worst ever game at that stage. the last 20 was good though

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
terrible first hour from Idris. His worst ever game at that stage. the last 20 was good though
yeah your right but think he got frustrated outside warburton as he never gets any ball unless from dummy half

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I have never been so pissed off with one player this year than I have with Idris in this game tonight.

He let in 4 ****ing opportunities which when you think about it, cost us the game tonight.

Who on earth said he was ready for origin?? His defence is an extremely big let down on the edges. Even Barba could show better defensive skills as centre, yet provide all the attacking flair and even more than Idris.

old school dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good Jamal. Nice catch. Now, practise doing that walking. Nice catch. Now practise catching the ball running. Doh!!! Start again.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeah your right but think he got frustrated outside warburton as he never gets any ball unless from dummy half
its more his defence I was talking about. Its either a big hit or a line break when he misses. he has a huge amount of work to do.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
And co-incided with who coming onto the field for the first time in the match? Anyone else notice Idris went up a notch when Barba came on. They seem to have a combo from the lower grades going.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Idris reads too much into his critics tbh...he can be an amazing player if he forgets about everything and plays his own game. In defence he makes some terrible reads going in...he'll pull off a big hit or two but he comes in wayyyy too often. Last year having el masri next to him actually made him look a lot better. And in attack he focuses too much on how he is gonna run over the next player. He just needs to catch the ball and run as hard as he can. He might make one mistake early and it seems to effect the rest of his game wayyy too much

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Bad start, looked fantastic in combinations with Barba

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Idris's biggest problems are two fold:
1. Watching the approaching defence instead of the ball.
2. Not getting back in the defensive line after a tackle.

He gets caught out quite a bit on #2 as they'll make him commit to a tackle, and then hammer that wing with only Turner there and gain an overlap. However that's not 100% Idris's problem, but our defence failing to slide to cover when he's at marker.

DogZZ_

-
Reaction score
From what ive seen from idris over the last two seasons he is an overated fat and lazy dud, i dont know why every1 has a wank over him. He needs to lose about 10 kilos to be a centre and lose his fat he should be cut up, maybe hit clenbuterol or something i dont know because nothing seems to be working. Centres are meant to break the line which he never does and are meant to be good defenders which he is not. Never gets back to his line in defence, either rushes up to early or waites too long which results in a try, we even saw him exposed on origin which resulted in him being dropped. He is too lethargic and lazy, he doesnt show enough intent ad agressiveness everytime he runs or tries to get up from a tackle. Don't get me wrong i would love to see jamal succeed in the nrl otherwise i wouldnt waste my time writing this but it just frustrates me when i watch him play. He is a professional footballer and should look after his body more as he is being paid heaps to dot it

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Idris One Hand catch

I know this is a late thread to create but i just wanted to say how good was the catch Idris made (one hand) If he didnt step out we would have scored easy with the back pass to Neumann..

Great work to him and keep up the good work IDRIS!

BULLDOGS ALL THE WAY!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.