Opinion Jake v Kyle

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's good to see the results from all the kicking bomb practices that kyle's been talking about. His bomb tonight went at least 4 metres high which is an improvement on his previous best. Unfortunately for kyle, Billy slaters chip n chase in origin still had more loft on it than kyle's kick.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How did Wakeham
Go? We are in big trouble tbh

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averilo ain’t a half he is a utility and will fill multiple positions when required wakeham is shit and Flanagan if he don’t perform will be moved on Gus won’t put up with players on big pays and not performing

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
BBO/Burton look like the best half-combo for us based on what we saw tonight. Burton needs to get as many touches on the ball as possible.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you'd think flannagan should be a better fit with burton, but he just doesn't dig into the line enough. just stand and pass stuff
And always flat footed and passes to someone else who is flat footed. No vision. Very pedestrian with the amount of ball and the field position we had a decent half would have set up 5 tries.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BBO/Burton look like the best half-combo for us based on what we saw tonight. Burton needs to get as many touches on the ball as possible.
I have always had the belief,and still believe it would benefit BBO to play a year at 7 in reserves.

However after watching the development of Averillo or should I say lack of development in Averillo tonight. It’s BBO with Burton for me.

Averillo might be a local junior and has his fan club on here. But he isn’t a first grader let alone an NRL half back. He might develop as he goes I don’t know?

We as a club cannot afford to wait for him develop in first grade. If Baz doesn’t want this to be his last as an NRL coach he cannot pick Averillo at 7.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan should never be seen in the same stadium as any FG team ever again.

Averillo isn't a half and Wakeham is too inconsistent.

BBO isn't quite ready for to steer a FG team around yet but another year under his belt, he may just be the answer we are all looking for without having to pay a fortune to buy one.
Agree but what do we do now. Cook may be a posibilty

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have always had the belief,and still believe it would benefit BBO to play a year at 7 in reserves.

However after watching the development of Averillo or should I say lack of development in Averillo tonight. It’s BBO with Burton for me.

Averillo might be a local junior and has his fan club on here. But he isn’t a first grader let alone an NRL half back. He might develop as he goes I don’t know?

We as a club cannot afford to wait for him develop in first grade. If Baz doesn’t want this to be his last as an NRL coach he cannot pick Averillo at 7.
Averillo is deadset garbage. Flannagan cops his fair share of shit and for good reason BUT Averillo is no better. He can't kick, he can't defend and his attacking proess is very hit and miss.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Baz hasnt much time to work out what we should do. Amaliro has been practising at half all off season. Certainly didnt show us his ability tonight. As I said in another post A shooter can look like a real hunter. But when his prey starts shooting back that when we see what he is made of. Unfortunately at this stage and remember he only 21he just isnt good enough when playing an opposition.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Flanno, Averillo and Wakeham are all shit options but a BBO/Burton halves combo would have what a dozen first grade games in the halves between them?

Our halfback has to come from one of those 3 unfortunately.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zach Dockar-Clay played better than both of them tonight .... says it all really.