Jake Averillo

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lol, worse than Averagello ? Te Whare has only played a few games, not a few seasons
Go back and watch some of TeWahres efforts in defence. His tackle % is very misleading, he is the direct cause of tries and line breaks because he's fat.

The other week against the Titans when Titans score a runaway try, TeFatFuck runs into a Titans support player and falls over intentionally so he didn't have to continue chasing haha.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Go back and watch some of TeWahres efforts in defence. His tackle % is very misleading, he is the direct cause of tries and line breaks because he's fat.

The other week against the Titans when Titans score a runaway try, TeFatFuck runs into a Titans support player and falls over intentionally so he didn't have to continue chasing haha.
He has what Bradman best has, size and power. That is the future of the modern game

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol,Told you ages ago he would be punted.
Punted to Wayne Bennett on a bigger deal yet you think he's going to play off the bench lmao. You have no clue, just shut the fuck up.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Punted to Wayne Bennett on a bigger deal yet you think he's going to play off the bench lmao. You have no clue, just shut the fuck up.
Bahahaha, you backed the wrong horse fuck knuckle, stop bitching about it, we have plenty of cap money, but not to waste

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes, but when you're having conversations about a player/what they're on/worth/value that's the only and best information we have to go off. My opinion is based off the reported amount (or an educated guess when there's nothing reported). This is how it'll be until player salaries are public.
I think I would rather believe Gus when he says Avo got a great deal with the fins and that's why we didn't resign him. Presumably he is not an idiot and is signing Taaffe because it's a better value deal. I honestly believe we are still struggling with some cap issues. We reportedly have about 2m to spend on about 8 players for next year. That's 250k each. Not real flash.

Battybulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Averillo would easily be their second best option at centre. This smells of Meaney isn't good enough for Storm 13 he will be reserve grade or bench.
I think Meaney went to the Storm for less coin than we offered though if I remember correctly. Phins have a load of cash, I'd say Averillo leaving is opportunity + money related. He's a starter there next year, no guarantees he would start with us.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

He has a peanut brain when it comes to this subject, all he thinks about is big centres and that's as far as it gets with him. I still remember him bitching about Averillo making line breaks and how they didn't actually count because he was just running fast into spaces and not running over the top of defenders lmao.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has a peanut brain when it comes to this subject, all he thinks about is big centres and that's as far as it gets with him. I still remember him bitching about Averillo making line breaks and how they didn't actually count because he was just running fast into spaces and not running over the top of defenders lmao.
If he was that Good, he would have been re-signed, but he he isn't and wasn't

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not including his achievements at the Panthers, He kills it at origin and international level. He is a gun. Aside from Graham he is probably the best defensive centre in the comp.And has plenty of attacking capabilities.
Yeah I think he has gone up a level this year. He was one of the Blues best players in Origin and has been outstanding for the Panthers both in attack and defense

He has great hands and has setup plenty of tries for his winger

Whether he plays fullback or centre we will have one of the elite players in the game....and he is only 22

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I think he has gone up a level this year. He was one of the Blues best players in Origin and has been outstanding for the Panthers both in attack and defense

He has great hands and has setup plenty of tries for his winger

Whether he plays fullback or centre we will have one of the elite players in the game....and he is only 22
His best position is definitely fullback, why they tried to make him a centre or half is beyond me

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think Meaney went to the Storm for less coin than we offered though if I remember correctly. Phins have a load of cash, I'd say Averillo leaving is opportunity + money related. He's a starter there next year, no guarantees he would start with us.
Definitely agree on less money and opportunity for improvement regarding Meaney.
Just comparing Avo to Meaney with people saying he's not good enough to start elsewhere

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agreed, but there is no point continuing down the wrong path is there? We're trying to fix things, not have more of the same
It's not continuing down the wrong path. He has more try involvements than Burton this year despite playing centre (where you think he's shit) outside of useless halves like Flanagan, Reynolds and Karl. Shit players don't do that but whatever. Keep twerking for shit like EQW or that other fat **** we signed.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's not continuing down the wrong path. He has more try involvements than Burton this year despite playing centre (where you think he's shit) outside of useless halves like Flanagan, Reynolds and Karl. Shit players don't do that but whatever. Keep twerking for shit like EQW or that other fat **** we signed.
We have signed Crichton to most likely play fullback, I'm not sure how you can't see that as an upgrade

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don’t believe that at all.
He's going to the Dolphins for reportedly 400k a year, if Gus made him a competitive offer (imo Averillo would of stayed for slightly less) he'd still be here imo.