Jake Averillo

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What have I assumed and guessed?
You said Gus doesn't think Averillo was worth the money Dolphin offered him, Gus has never said this

Please don't defend yourself here because it can't get anymore black and white than that

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You said Gus doesn't think Averillo was worth the money Dolphin offered him, Gus has never said this
He might not have said it but it certainly seems that he thinks that otherwise he would have been re-signed don't you think?

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No you're assuming and guessing
Maybe it’s just a case of they’re trying to introduce a defensive structure throughout the whole team and a bunch just don’t have what it takes, Averillo while scoring some very good try’s might be one that just doesn’t have it in defence …. Gould or CC aren’t going to come out and say that, but if you’ve watched Averillo in defence you wouldn’t doubt that’s possibly the deeper reasons behind the decision ..

You can’t deny our defence is crap all over the park, the word is those not getting it or not putting in the effort are being weeded out.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Please don't defend yourself here because it can't get anymore black and white than that
Gus literally said the dolphins gave him a great deal that we couldn't match. Why the fuck would I need to defend my self here ffs. Pure comedy

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Gus literally said the dolphins gave him a great deal that we couldn't match. Why the fuck would I need to defend my self here ffs. Pure comedy
Pure comedy that you're a retard that doesn't know what assuming and guessing means. Gus never said what you said he did. "Gus doesn't think Averillo was worth the money Dolphin offered him". I'm allowed to assume and guess, but you aren't because your stance is no one is allowed to assume or guess (double standards). Cheers.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pure comedy that you're a retard that doesn't know what assuming and guessing means. Gus never said what you said he did. "Gus doesn't think Averillo was worth the money Dolphin offered him".
Ooooh, down to name calling, great debate tactic.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Burton has been better, Preston outstanding, King until injuries practically carried the team on his back for the first 15 rounds, TPJ whilst being a bit hot and cold has been better, Kiraz until injuries was leading the Dally M list .. JAC has played better .. Averillo has been good, he’s scored some nice try’s but he’s not top 2 ..
I’m not sure how anyone can disagree with this. Playing behind a beaten pack has been a struggle. But if you look at highlights like Burton against the cowboys those last 10 mins you can see what he has to offer. Just need a pack that can set a platform so even if it evens out we are just putting backlines against one another. Gus has been recruiting those gaps well. Loads of young forwards in our squad who will grow into the role. I feel I’m looking at a squad that not many more pierces need to be filled. If they can nail the defensive structure we will win more games than we lose next season.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score

No Gus said he has never underpaid a player. So he set a value that he thinks he is worth. Dolphins paid over that thus Gus doesn’t think he is worth that.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep digging, I've got the popcorn.
Best to just say you’re right buddy … now have a glass of warm milk and go to bed.

Because even though this kid has no idea whether he’s right or wrong, he’ll still argue with you over it for the next fortnight … pretty sure he owns TK 10 year record for the longest ongoing argument over nothing …

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe it’s just a case of they’re trying to introduce a defensive structure throughout the whole team and a bunch just don’t have what it takes, Averillo while scoring some very good try’s might be one that just doesn’t have it in defence …. Gould or CC aren’t going to come out and say that, but if you’ve watched Averillo in defence you wouldn’t doubt that’s possibly the deeper reasons behind the decision ..

You can’t deny our defence is crap all over the park, the word is those not getting it or not putting in the effort are being weeded out.
Jake is a very good player in space and average defensively ... have NO doubt we would have re-signed him if it were not the case.

Alamoti is even worse defensively .... his lack of speed and agility make him an absolute liability at times.

You simply cannot win with centers who are poor defenders.

People question Gus about buying centers ... this is why.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jake has double the talent than that of the jokers combined that we sign this week
He has talent

Look at the posts from last year, when playing fullback. Rocks and diamonds. Most calling him a pussy for his defence / lack of effort. Attack ok.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jake is a very good player in space and average defensively ... have NO doubt we would have re-signed him if it were not the case.

Alamoti is even worse defensively .... his lack of speed and agility make him an absolute liability at times.

You simply cannot win with centers who are poor defenders.

People question Gus about buying centers ... this is why.
Agree mate … CC should never have moved Averillo to right centre, in fact he should never have been moved to FB, left centre, or halfback over the years … if you’ve watched him closely he should have been our 5/8th where he would of had the space he needed and kept there, he’d be killing it now with over 50 1st grade games to his belt .. 5/8th he can excel in attack and be covered for in defence .. but they decided big money to move a Dally M centre to 5/8th was a better move …

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree mate … CC should never have moved Averillo to right centre, in fact he should never have been moved to FB, left centre, or halfback over the years … if you’ve watched him closely he should have been our 5/8th where he would of had the space he needed and kept there, he’d be killing it now with over 50 1st grade games to his belt .. 5/8th he can excel in attack and be covered for in defence .. but they decided big money to move a Dally M centre to 5/8th was a better move …
How good was he at 7, when he scored the try?

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
Scoring try’s doesn’t automatically put a player in the top 2 players of the year bracket …. there’s a lot more to the game than that, like the try’s he’s let in through weak defence and how he goes missing when we don’t have the ball ..

I think we all really like Averillo, he’s a local junior, he’s been with us through tough times, positional changes and different coaches has played its part, but he’s no rookie either, he’s level of involvement and his defensive issues haven’t improved throughout the years.

The decisions apparently been made for the betterment of both Averillo and the club, he’s moving on, time to wish him well and move on ourselves …

/end thread