Official Jake Averillo signs contract extension with Bulldogs

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
a bit a early to call but the chairman and board seem to be steering the ship in the right direction

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Talented local junior Jake Averillo has continued the trend of positive news for Bulldogs Members and fans by extending his contract with the club by a further two years, keeping him at Belmore until the end of the 2023 season.

The talented 20 year-old back made his NRL debut last season and showed his versatility by playing in the centres, on the wing and in the halves at various times.

A product of the Bankstown Sports/Moorebank Rams clubs, Averillo played in thirteen NRL matches last season, scoring three tries and kicking twelve goals and impressed all judges with his footwork and speed off the mark. His performances earned him the Bulldogs Rookie of the Year for 2020.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill was delighted to be able to keep the talented local junior at Belmore:

"Jake has shown during his first season at Belmore that he has the talent and versatility to be an excellent player for this club for a long time to come.

We believe that with recent signings we are creating the opportunity for a new beginning here at Belmore leading into next season and Jake will be a major part of that."
Well done...
The great news, in general the right decisions are getting made without hesitations !!!

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we do snag Burton and JAC, I’d be teaching the kid how to play some dummy half Re decision making and passing from the deck. Also would brush up his defense working in the middle too. Then for mine he’d make a perfect 14. next year can cover all backline and hooker.

in time, if we do get Burton, don’t be surprised Burton moved to lock. Averillo 6. That could be 2 year away.

mind you, if he plays 1 Id have no complaints, just trying to think how we could get that X factor super sub whilst fitting everyone in.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
More good news, keep it coming please. Avo has only played limited games and has shown heaps of potential and was my only interest in watching doggies games this year. Baz for sure has plans for this kid just can't wait for next year

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You don't want Averillo being a utility. That's almost borderline ruining his career. He needs to start at 6 or 1 next year regardless if that's NRL or reserve grade. He's going to improve/develop properly playing 80 minutes week in and out. Use a more "experienced" player with less potential for that role, e.g. JMK.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Don't know but next Tuesday cup day twin willows most of the players and Arthur will be there so I will asked
Matty Lees (Saints) and Robbie Mulhern (Hull kr) would be great... Probably the best younger props forwards who haven't hit their ceiling in SL

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Don't know but next Tuesday cup day twin willows most of the players and Arthur will be there so I will asked
I’ll see you all there lol

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Averillo aint no utility.

JMK is a utility - Jack of all trades, rough around all the edges

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Averillo aint no utility.

JMK is a utility - Jack of all trades, rough around all the edges
Agree, JMK off the bench is the best fit. Can cover hooker, half, centre and even play through the middle..might not win a game but likely won't lose it and do his job in defence. Just need to work on his running game so he can actually break tackles without falling over so he can be more of a threat when he's carrying the ball.