Official Jake Averillo signs contract extension with Bulldogs

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
See a lot of people saying Averillo should be at 5/8 but isn't it pointless if Burton is coming in '22? Plus we've signed both Green and Flange for the halves?

For me it's much smarter to put him at fullback
Personally I think he can play both has the skill set, but will end up at 5/8.
Burton I think is everyone’s Be all and end all, if he comes yeah Avo at the back if not think we have a 5/8 in waiting.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't know but next Tuesday cup day twin willows most of the players and Arthur will be there so I will asked
Nice one mate. Much appreciated and look forward to hearing any goss you may get

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who ever is pulling these moves lately. Hats off to them. Smashing it out of the park.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To me, with Barrett pretty much confirming we're in for Burton and having signed Flanno I just can't see Av starting at 5/8.

For me he's nailed on to start at fullback with JAC on the wing

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great signing! He can become a quality player, if he is going to be given a shot at fullback next year lets bring players in and put quality around him to take the pressure off him. With quality around him he ll only get better and can be the fullback we have all be looking for!

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love this
To me, with Barrett pretty much confirming we're in for Burton and having signed Flanno I just can't see Av starting at 5/8.

For me he's nailed on to start at fullback with JAC on the wing

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it is. If we get Burton I think he would be a perfect git gor the other ventre we need. He is big strong gast and can pass and tackle. Has the body gor a centre.
Top signing, hopefully he stays a bulldogs for life. Also I’d like to see him stay at five eight I think that’s his best position

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know where he'll end up in our line up. I wouldn't mind if he's eased in more next year either. He still got rattled by the physicality at times. But it's good to know he's staying on for three years.
Agree about the physicality side of things for Avo, especially in defence at times. Should be better for the experience though and centre would be pretty hard to defend at for a smallish bloke in their first year. Barrett could play him at 14 for a while, but I expect he'll be our 5/8, where's there's a bit less defensive pressure anyway. He's spent his whole first grade career so far getting shit ball and having no room, yet still finding room at times, and I'm looking forward to some structures from Baz that give him more space.