Reaction score
I would think DWZ will come back into the team with Allan back to fullback

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I have a feeling he'll be eaten alive. I think it might be good for Averillo to play fullback in reserves. I think fullback is the only way Averillo's going to get into our 13 in the future. I'm not sure how Declan Casey would feel about that tho (I heard he had a shocker in one of the early games, been decent in the two I watched).

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He could work out as fullback long term but throwing him in there against Melbourne would be negligent to Averillo and his development.

Averillo needs to play fullback in reserves for several weeks first to see if he can handle it before we just put him there in the NRL.. If he's going to play FG, Averillo should fill in as a centre or utility off the bench.

He's not a half and Lewis should stay in FG short term to take the pressure off Flanagan who has proven he can't handle the responsibility of being a dominant half...

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Avo
2. Cotric
3. Allen
4. Hoppa
5. Dwz.
6. Lewis?
7. Flanno
i really think this is our best option this year ... but not yet. I think Averillo needs some time, especially not this week.

I like Allan at centre to be honest. He’s not the fastest, but has good hands, big, strong and can defend.

mid swap out DWZ for Okunbor when he’s fit too.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He could work out as fullback long term but throwing him in there against Melbourne would be negligent to Averillo and his development.

Averillo needs to play fullback in reserves for several weeks first to see if he can handle it before we just put him there in the NRL.. If he's going to play FG, Averillo should fill in as a centre or utility off the bench.

He's not a half and Lewis should stay in FG short term to take the pressure off Flanagan who has proven he can't handle the responsibility of being a dominant half...

Totally agree

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
b
With Nick Meaney out and jake averillo possibly being back, i dont think its the worst idea to try him out at fullback.... Thoughts?

The fact he is our best prospect at a decent Fb it is no brainer to throw him in for the experience. Considering Barrett is constantly shifting around the team during games trying new things which is exactly what he should be doing Jake to FB has to be done sooner rather than later.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is he still young enough to learn hooker we fucking need one and fast

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
If AVO can't play FB then I don't see where he plays. Non stop talk up about him but shown nothing so far. Maybe at FB with less tackles, pressure and more time will suit him?

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Averillo is not ready for NRL level. Only on the bench. Wakeham needs to play 9. Fullback no one. There isn't any spark from any of the fullbacks. Will wait and see what Barrett does, his fed up.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At this stage, his best position for the club going forward is fullback, but he needs to learn it in reserves.

His development has been hindered by skipping NSW cup and going straight to the NRL.