Jackson

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No he doesn’t look like the worst captain ever, don’t insult him like that, him and Tolman are the only ones who remained loyal while the other fucktards jumped ship.

Just a general question if Jackson was out who would your second row and lock and bench be, especially considering Elliot may be out?

We don’t seem to have the cattle in our forwards to cover injuries, that’s just the recruitment problem, which is why Jackson is playing injured
Stayed loyal? He has been paid VERY well and didn't exactly get bigger offers thrown his way.

Who was a worst performing captain in recent years for us? I'll wait.

I don't know who plays, i've only spent the last few years saying Jackson has no business being on the edge and would've been playing him at lock for years. I don't know who plays there now, Doorey? Like I said I wouldn't of had him there in the first place.

boysunleashme

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Stayed loyal? He has been paid VERY well and didn't exactly get bigger offers thrown his way.

I don't know who plays, i've only spent the last few years saying Jackson has no business being on the edge and would've been playing him at lock for years. I don't know who plays there now, Doorey? Like I said I wouldn't of had him there in the first place.
This is what I mean I get he is an up and coming player but no way he should start on the edge and edge players now a days play 80 mins. We literally have no cattle, that’s a recruiting fault. I know for a fact Rabbitohs were interested in him, the audio in this video proves that:

https://www.google.com.au/amp/amp.t...josh-jackson-set-to-leave-the-bulldogs-145350

You said he was the worst captain ever at the bulldogs and I disputed that, if you said recently I would of agreed.

Side note, if was playing exactly the way he is but our team was on top of the ladder, everyone would be praising him.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Simon Gillies in 98 was probably the most recent example. He got dropped to Reserves by Folkes halfway into his first season in charge and after that we went on a streak of wins to make the finals and then the GF that year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This is what I mean I get he is an up and coming player but no way he should start on the edge and edge players now a days play 80 mins. We literally have no cattle, that’s a recruiting fault. I know for a fact Rabbitohs were interested in him, the audio in this video proves that:

https://www.google.com.au/amp/amp.t...josh-jackson-set-to-leave-the-bulldogs-145350

You said he was the worst captain ever at the bulldogs and I disputed that, if you said recently I would of agreed.

Side note, if was playing exactly the way he is but our team was on top of the ladder everyone would be praising him.
Then we should've let the Rabbits take him. I'm Not fussed. Fans are way too attached to players these days...sometimes a move away is best for both parties.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
the Warriors need a hard nosed Aussie in there pack.. and we need a couple of young forwards in exchange
With abit of discipline and getting abit fitter Agnatius Paasi would be an excellent bench forward for us. But yeah would trade for Tohu Harris or RTS lol

boysunleashme

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Then we should've let the Rabbits take him. I'm Not fussed. Fans are way too attached to players these days...sometimes a move away is best for both parties.
Yeah true and not under a shit coach

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I've always thought Jackson whilst good was never as elite as some people believed he was.
When we had a pack with guys like Graham, Klemmer, Pritchard, Kasiano, Eastwood, etc Jackson wasn't asked to lead the pack. I've always felt that Jackson could be just another cog in a good pack but he's never inspired me as someone who's a top 3 player in a good team.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With abit of discipline and getting abit fitter Agnatius Paasi would be an excellent bench forward for us. But yeah would trade for Tohu Harris or RTS lol
Tohu has always been one of my favourite players. Now there is someone who leads by example! He makes 50 plus tackles, makes 150-200 metres every game and he has skill..

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I heard he has a back injury but wont rest it for the team.

Must admit he isnt playing as well as we've seen in the past.

There's plenty of players worse than him atm.
This back injury must be serious. It’s lasted 18 months plus a covid break!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally, we need to make Bankwest a fortress until we can get Belmore in shape.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Imagine blaming Josh Jackson for us being shit. Don't make me call Addin Fonua-Blake on you.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Andrew Ryan. He was the Darius Boyd of forwards his last 2 years with us.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last season I suggested Jackson was on his last legs and shouldn't be re-signed. Most people scoffed at the suggestion and got defensive as he's a stalwart of the club.

Well this season he's been worse and they re-signed him for another three years on decent money.

He's not been leading by example with his performance... He lacks any skill... He makes no impact in attack or defence and he isn't vocal as a captain to his teammates or the refs...

This is the definition of bad cap management and signing someone based on emotion and loyalty rather than logic and foresight. Good luck trying to move him on that deal!
They are struggling to attract anyone without throwing crazy money at them.. Watch them re-sign many of our off contract players as they cant attract anyone else..

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So why not rest it and come back stronger bigger healthier
Playing on it isn’t working clearly
He did rest it for 2 months during covid, quite frankly to me it's just an excuse, most players have some sort of niggle, bump, bruise, etc but I think it's more a case of Jacko not being a great athlete naturally and all the extra size hes put on being more of a issue than any injury. The new game also doesn't suit him either

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This back injury must be serious. It’s lasted 18 months plus a covid break!
It usually gets a bit better towards the end of the season tho :grinning:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hard to push yourself to turn up each week when no one else does in the team. I love Jacko but he has the captains curse unfortunately.