Jackson ... Verdict?

dave123

Waterboy
Reaction score
He has been very ordinary today. It's like watching an over 45s player running around with 25 year olds. Think the NRL has passed him by.
I fill sorry for him Barrett has him playing a person he can’t do no leg speed no passing game when was the last time he made a line break would be more than 2 years ago

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love Jacko. He’s stuck solid in a shit era for the club. But time to hang up the boots. The shit era he’s captained the club through the shit. I’d love him to captain us back to finals, but he’s cooked. You can see it mentally. He’s burnt out.
Show him RESPECT...
Sit him down explain the situation
Reduce his minutes by starting him off the bench
Club must come first
A true club man would understand !!!

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Show him RESPECT...
Club must come first
I see your point. But at the same time. Reduced minutes, get one of the young blokes in there. Topine springs to mind. Noticed he’s back in NSW cup after starting in Flegg.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I see your point. But at the same time. Reduced minutes, get one of the young blokes in there. Topine springs to mind. Noticed he’s back in NSW cup after starting in Flegg.
reduced minutes yes but not topine. it shows without hetherington how slow our edges are.
maybe give the young fella a run in hoffman but it is a huge first game against penrith.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Give him a trophy or whatever and tell him to get the fuck out. I don’t really care about the players it’s the club I only love I would say you did well and here is a bottle of wine but see you later.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Show him RESPECT...
Club must come first
Given our shortage of established back rowers I don’t think this conversation will happen until the off season. I hope it does though.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Baz is too much of a pussy to drop him. We had a 3-1 overlap on the outside after a few nice offloads from tpj and Wakeham in the first half, it reaches to jackson. What does he do, he dummies and ducks in then loses the ball. ‘bUt NaH hE iS tHe CoUrAgEoUs BuLlDoG’ Get a coaching staff thag aren’t a bunch of cats.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The sad thing is that we can't just get rid of players who are shit like JJ, I don't a new system can help him either.

We are stuck with him until his contract is up.

Last edited:

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do not Re-sign JJ for more than 350k (Twin Turbo who sometimes has some valid points even called me a name and ridiculed me for this!)
yeah i copped the same thing from him a few weeks back for suggesting Jackson should hang them up at the end of the year. Maybe twin turbo is jackson's online alias

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Given our shortage of established back rowers I don’t think this conversation will happen until the off season. I hope it does though.
In any case we will all have to face reality, including JJ

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
In any case we will all have to face reality, including JJ
I agree with your comment mate. I just think reality is that convo won’t happen for a while. Im happy to be wrong.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
jacko's got to go. he's had a great career, but unfortunately he has run out of puff. Keep him at the club in some capacity, but his playing days are over.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Someone MUST make the call on Josh Jackson & do so ASAP

Ricky Stuart has his club captain Croker playing Reggie’s FFS… I got no issue with that!

Sharks are paying Fifita close to $800k a season & spent most of the past 18 months in Reggie’s too!

Why do we continue to pussyfoot around at Belmore? Why are we so scared to pull the trigger on thing’s?…. But what we do is ride it out, go thru the f{}cking motions, and boom, another season is wasted/over & new promises are made

Josh Jackson 2022 version is Sione f{}cking Katoa… he’s absolutely butchering the attack because he’s clearly not up to it & a lot of the blame must fall on T Barrett. I absolutely love Josh Jackson the clubman… but like Josh, and now many others… the club seems to turn these superstar players into utter rubbish as the team on the field resembles a f{}cking pub side!

Maybe Jackson coming off the bench to stiffen up the defence after 25mins is the go…. I don’t know, but what I do know after 4 games, he ain’t no f{}cking Yeo from Penrith, he can’t pass a ball to his outside men without fumbling it/going forward… it’s just got to be kept f{}cking simple for him and that’s that!

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh today is the day I’m coming around to Thompson being let go at end of year for the $ and Jackson needs to retire. Bloke isn’t. A shadow of himself. Complete and utter passenger.

These 2 eating 1.4+…you can sign two absolute guns for this.

Sorry but either Thompson has lost his desire this year with all the shit about him or he’s just not that good.

Jackson is just done. He doesn’t belong out there anymore. I have huge respect for what he’s done. Blokes a fucking absolute warrior and dog through and through to stick through us in such years. Though right now he is a major liability.
Both blokes are giving there all. If they were on 500k each this wouldn’t be a conversation. Jackson is not a ball playing lock. Someone tell Baz please!!!!!! Still an inspiration in effort areas and defensively.