Jackson ... Verdict?

dinga

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Way off the pace as a player and as a captain, the club has looked leaderless the last few seasons. If the club wants to progress sentimentality can’t come into it.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's been an absolute warrior for the past 10 years but he just isn't up to it now. Dropping him would also give Barratt the opportunity to show the rest of the pretenders that he's serious about moving this team forward.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Arguments I’ve had on this board-
Lichaa is shit
Keep Damian Cook
Lichaa will not play origin
Mbye is over rated
Bellamy is not over rated
Cameron Smith and Cooper Cronk are top notch players
Nick Meaney is better than Knockonmore
Do NOT hire Barrett
He was rubbish at Manly
Hire Gus posted over three years ago (the first person on this forum to float the idea)
Avo is not a first grade center at this point
Do not Re-sign JJ for more than 350k (Twin Turbo who sometimes has some valid points even called me a name and ridiculed me for this!)

Fucken hell,don’t wanna toot my own horn but that’s an unbelievable strike rate
Maybe I should be the next CEO

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone think lowering his minutes would help? He's clearly a fit guy but I've got no doubt the last few seasons have had a mental toll on the bloke and it shows in his footy.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s passed his best, but show respect for a long serving Bulldogs servant and captain. It’s up to TB to grow some balls and make a call in that regard.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Today? Since he became captain

Surly we need to tap him on the shoulder when it’s time

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Arthur Beetson was dropped. Coaches these days are too scared to drop high profile players when they're not performing.....he's taking up a space that could be improved by another player.
Chris Anderson and others all spent time in reserve grade. Garry Hughes played his last season in reserve grade ffs. Time to fucking face reality.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus will get rid of him end of year I reckon.

Like he did with Lewis and Jennings he will do with Jackson and Thompson. High salaries for low impact.

Don't think topine could be much worse...what does topine need to do?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He has been very ordinary today. It's like watching an over 45s player running around with 25 year olds. Think the NRL has passed him by.
Don’t say that out loud. His loyal fanboys will call you cracked for suggesting it and come up with something that makes him our best.

We are wasting too much money on him to be honest. And getting a younger and more mobile back rower would help us out. Won’t fix all our problems or actually many of them. But maybe any loose change that is left over from his deal (the fan boys will claim he is on a fraction of his worth because of 3rd party agreements or long serving player allowances etc) can be put into areas of need like a kick pass run 7 and some more quality at centre and possibly a better winger (not 650k wingers though).

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s carried the club on his shoulders too long if he retires good on him he’s served with distinction and only praise should be the outcome no criticism what’s so ever

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gus will get rid of him end of year I reckon.

Like he did with Lewis and Jennings he will do with Jackson and Thompson. High salaries for low impact.

Don't think topine could be much worse...what does topine need to do?
Get on the roids

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love Jacko. He’s stuck solid in a shit era for the club. But time to hang up the boots. The shit era he’s captained the club through the shit. I’d love him to captain us back to finals, but he’s cooked. You can see it mentally. He’s burnt out.