News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep Tyran is Reimis fahjah.
Explains a lot. Prick had an axe to grind. Does he also manage Big Gay Ray?

Edit: Looks like not. He only seems to manage Patolo from our current roster.

Last edited:

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes

Yes that is the more plausible explanation I guess. Surely his manager not that out of touch with his client's mental wellbeing and the issues going on in JT life.

One last try to get a contract, send out list including JT and plead, I didn't know, when that didn't work out.

Whatever the explanation, the whole sequence of events is unfortunate for JT.

Said before, naive maybe but my hope is Gus as Footy GM and Ciro can get around the table with Jackson and his family, and sort something out to the betterment of both parties interests.
Don't think Ciro will have anything to do with this any more nor should he. The coach and playing group need to be isolated from this. Even Gus will take a step back, this is now in the hands of the Board, the legal team and the NRL.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
once this is thrown out, can we change the tread title to doogie was wrong?
Sure. I'm good with that. But if the Dogs make any sort of payout or it makes it to court, both which I've said all along, you ok with us changing the thread title to 'Shanked tried a circle jerk and just ended up shooting in his own face?'

Fair fair I reckon.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sure. I'm good with that. But if the Dogs make any sort of payout or it makes it to court, both which I've said all along, you ok with us changing the thread title to 'Shanked tried a circle jerk and just ended up shooting in his own face?'

Fair fair I reckon.
What, even a 10k see ya later?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Don't think Ciro will have anything to do with this any more nor should he. The coach and playing group need to be isolated from this. Even Gus will take a step back, this is now in the hands of the Board, the legal team and the NRL.
Yes probably correct and with that as official response.

I was hoping to remediate with personal intervention with Gus at least but certainly happy to let this play out the best way they sit fit.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
What, even a 10k see ya later?
Well if nothing doing - then why we paying out at all?

I've never said the club was wrong. All I've said is its weak as piss to pile on a kid with mental health problems and to let the courts decide. And whenever someone has pulled some tripe from some 'reliable source' (aka a newspaper) - I've shown that 2 can play that game.

All good - wanna play - lets play. I'm just returning serve right?

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So he was 22 when this happened, couldn't crack the worst team in the comp, and somehow he was going to play a full career at the top level?
Add in at half the height of the regulars in his position

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Breaking: Luai to sue Penrith!

View attachment 107578
I hammered Panther fans on Twitter who laid into the dogs. I argued this is similar to Panther army camps, and asked why there side was mentally strong and resilient. Had no answer. Went to tweet this photo at them and they’ve all blocked me. This IMO is WORSE than Topines punishment. All the stufff about Head knocks, and they literally punch each other in the head. Joke.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That is not believable. He is his manager and presumably would be heavily involved. Him saying he didn't know seems like covering tracks.
This just makes him look far more incompetent as a manager. As if you wouldn’t be made aware of this? I mean it can be the fault of player and/or his lawyers, but in that case, there’s clearly an issue between the player and manager.
The statements in the article are more indicative of incompetence or an issue between the player and manager.

I can understand the desire to run with a narrative (or presumption) that says "Topine was looking for a new contract with other clubs over the last 6 months", as it makes his case look bad (or perhaps, even worse, as it already looks bad), but we've got to be a bit careful not to impose our own desired narrative (or presumption) on top of what is actually being reported, which is the kind of thing Buzz does.

Note that the article says the agent sent the email to 17 clubs. That means the Bulldogs got the email. That also would be highly incompetent on the agents part, unless he isn't being told about the lawsuit plans.

So far as the agent not being told, it is absolutely believable that the players legal team have told the player to keep quiet about things. The agent would most likely, as someone in the RL world, advise against this move, knowing what kind of repercussions it could have, it is against his interests for this case to go ahead.

The player is listening to the wrong people, most likely the lawyers that have gotten involved.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hammered Panther fans on Twitter who laid into the dogs. I argued this is similar to Panther army camps, and asked why there side was mentally strong and resilient. Had no answer. Went to tweet this photo at them and they’ve all blocked me. This IMO is WORSE than Topines punishment. All the stufff about Head knocks, and they literally punch each other in the head. Joke.
RFM came to Ciro whinging about long hours and not enough time to spend with their families. Kikau said last year the hours were the same as at Penrith. Kikau still lives out Penrith way and has a long commute and a young child. Don't hear him complaining.

Crashdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Really? BradyK said he was the same size as Murray and Radley is he wrong ?
A bit messy. but here's your answer:
Jackson Topine
Personal information
Born22 August 2001 (age 22)
Auckland, New Zealand
Height181 cm (5 ft 11 in)
Weight95 kg (14 st 13 lb)

Description
Victor Derrick Radley is an England international rugby league footballer who plays as a lock for the Sydney Roosters in the NRL. He won back-to-back NRL premierships with the Roosters in 2018 and 2019. Wikipedia
Born: 14 March 1998 (age 26 years), Sydney
Education: Corpus Christi College
Height: 1.82 m
Weight: 92 kg (14 st 7 lb)
Cameron Murray is an Australian professional rugby league footballer who plays as a lock forward and captains the South Sydney Rabbitohs in the NRL. He has also represented New South Wales and Australia at international level. Wikipedia
Born: 16 January 1998 (age 26 years), Sydney
Education: Newington College
Height: 1.84 m
Weight: 95 kg (14 st 13 lb)

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
A bit messy. but here's your answer:
Jackson Topine
Personal information
Born22 August 2001 (age 22)
Auckland, New Zealand
Height181 cm (5 ft 11 in)
Weight95 kg (14 st 13 lb)

Description
Victor Derrick Radley is an England international rugby league footballer who plays as a lock for the Sydney Roosters in the NRL. He won back-to-back NRL premierships with the Roosters in 2018 and 2019. Wikipedia
Born: 14 March 1998 (age 26 years), Sydney
Education: Corpus Christi College
Height: 1.82 m
Weight: 92 kg (14 st 7 lb)
Cameron Murray is an Australian professional rugby league footballer who plays as a lock forward and captains the South Sydney Rabbitohs in the NRL. He has also represented New South Wales and Australia at international level. Wikipedia
Born: 16 January 1998 (age 26 years), Sydney
Education: Newington College
Height: 1.84 m
Weight: 95 kg (14 st 13 lb)
Nah I’ve seen them all in person. Topine is not as big. He’s pretty slightly built. So when people said he was a bit small they were right