News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

Bulldog Bloke

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Exactly. But thats mental health for you - people do things that other people just don't understand.

How is he destroying the Dogs? The money would come from insurance, every man and his dog currently supports the Dogs position. So he's doing this because its some sort of payback? ok.
I think we need to put a clear marker between mental health/depression/black dog whatever you want to call it and mentally retarded and incapable of making rational decisions.

fyi some goose from homo and away stomped some chicks head and is on the run after escaping a “mental health” assessment.

I was sad so I sued the club for $4mill because I wasn’t as good as everyone told me for the last 15 years.

I was sad so I stomped some chicks head.

if I was sad to the point of anything remotely near either of those scenarios I would prioritise help over making irrational decisions.

but hey, some of us have been accountable all our lives.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I think we need to put a clear marker between mental health/depression/black dog whatever you want to call it and mentally retarded and incapable of making rational decisions.

fyi some goose from homo and away stomped some chicks head and is on the run after escaping a “mental health” assessment.

I was sad so I sued the club for $4mill because I wasn’t as good as everyone told me for the last 15 years.

I was sad so I stomped some chicks head.

if I was sad to the point of anything remotely near either of those scenarios I would prioritise help over making irrational decisions.

but hey, some of us have been accountable all our lives.
Sure. Only thing I took from that mess is that you watch Home and Away.

Thats on you.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The average for an NRL player is 40 games. If (a big “if”) he can prove he is an average NRL player then might (a big “might”) get 40 match payments.

Always a Bulldog

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think maybe after the way there was almost overwhelming support for the Dogs,when it was spoken about initially , they were encouraged to provide some balance. I was surprised how strongly Elias and toovey opposed Kent and Anasta tbh
Quite possibly but it’s doing more harm then good if they are blowing smoke up the kids ass.

Bulldog Bloke

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sure. Only thing I took from that mess is that you watch Home and Away.

Thats on you.
If I watched that absolute bollocks I would take responsibility, I sure as fuck wouldn’t sue my employer.

mental health does not equate to mental retardation.

huge difference

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
If I watched that absolute bollocks I would take responsibility, I sure as fuck wouldn’t sue my employer.

mental health does not equate to mental retardation.

huge difference
Did your employer make you watch Home and Away? If so - fair play - you really should get another job.

So the Dogs who did no wrong signed a mentally retarded kid at 16. The then gave that retard the clubman of the year award 3 years later and a first grade spot the following year. Guess the Dogs knew their shit right? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The average for an NRL player is 40 games. If (a big “if”) he can prove he is an average NRL player then might (a big “might”) get 40 match payments.

Always a Bulldog
It's taken him 3 years to play 16 games in a struggling team,40 games for him,would have been pretty optimistic before all this. Perhaps his management should have tried to get him a deal elsewhere,rather than leak his name to the media.Although I suspect they did and that's how we ended up here

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did your employer make you watch Home and Away? If so - fair play - you really should get another job.

So the Dogs who did no wrong signed a mentally retarded kid at 16. The then gave that retard the clubman of the year award 3 years later and a first grade spot the following year. Guess the Dogs knew their shit right? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
I think you're taking the "deprivation of liberty" aspect of this too literally, he could have said "I'm too tired,I want too stop" he wasn't in the coliseum forced to fight, he could have left

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I think you're taking the "deprivation of liberty" aspect of this too literally, he could have said "I'm too tired,I want too stop" he wasn't in the coliseum forced to fight, he could have left
Me? I'm not taking any aspect of his legal case as legitimate. I'm making the case that good kids don't go bad like that if there isn't a bigger problem. Others (Gus) who know more about it than me are pointing at mental health. I'll take that as credible. And the circumstances obviously suggest there's a bigger issue.

Put your comment in the lens of a 21 year old. Reckon 1) I'd have reckoned I wasn't late and 2) would not have wanted to tap out no matter what and 3) would have had the shits big time afterwards to the point where I would have had a dummy spit. And thats without me thinking me as a 21 year old, that I had a mental health issue. I'm just stupid. I'm 21.

Bulldog Bloke

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

At the time he was the tallest midget.
Look at the team he was in when he won it.

his job required him to turn up on time.
He did not.
His job required him to be accountable by wrestling multiple team mates, what a concept considering that’s what he was late to training for.

it’s admirable that you want to defend a young person. I get that.

that moment evaporated the minute he decided to try and milk millions from the club knowing full well the negative press this would create for the club around the stigma of mental health.

he could have walked out at anytime.
He is not a fucking child no matter how many imbecilic sports commentators say these footballers are just kids.

He needs to grow up.

Bulldog Bloke

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
100%

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm very interested in booze rothfield to see if he will comment

With the Braydon Tindall DUI incident where he was driving on a suspended sentence
His article has just come out. He is hammering the club of course.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
At the time he was the tallest midget.
Look at the team he was in when he won it.

his job required him to turn up on time.
He did not.
His job required him to be accountable by wrestling multiple team mates, what a concept considering that’s what he was late to training for.

it’s admirable that you want to defend a young person. I get that.

that moment evaporated the minute he decided to try and milk millions from the club knowing full well the negative press this would create for the club around the stigma of mental health.

he could have walked out at anytime.
He is not a fucking child no matter how many imbecilic sports commentators say these footballers are just kids.

He needs to grow up.
So - just out of curiosity - how come when Liam Knight was late for training he just had to dye his hair white?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Me? I'm not taking any aspect of his legal case as legitimate. I'm making the case that good kids don't go bad like that if there isn't a bigger problem. Others (Gus) who know more about it than me are pointing at mental health. I'll take that as credible. And the circumstances obviously suggest there's a bigger issue.
I think you're under the misapprehension he has undergone some sort of life changing trauma. He didn't walk into the wrestling session wanting to be an NRL player and walk out unable to play ever again though. If you believe that, would you be Interested in buying my bridge that goes over the harbour ?

Last edited:

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I think you're under the misapprehension he has undergone some sort of life changing trauma. He didn't walk into the wrestling session wanting to be an NRL player and walk out unable to play ever again though. If you believe that, would you be Interested my bridge that goes over the harbour ?
Ok I'll try again. You can have an underlying problem which never sees the light of day until that moment. Fairly sure the parents of the kid that stabbed the Priest the other day realised their kid had a problem until the incident. Most don't put a sign up bro.

Now I'm not pretending I know the deets in any way, but Gus said mental health. The case is some outrageous shit but I'm still not putting crap on the kid if someone closer to it than me that I trust says there is an underlying problem. Nothing more. Nothing less.