News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I always thought he was bog. The club is bigger than any player mental health or not. Completely destroyed any reputation he had.
Cool. Then its ok then for a player to commit suicide because of the club?

This was kept under wraps when RFM blew up - as Gus said - mental health. Now I suspect the kid is getting some atrocious advice from someone and has gone legal. Got to remember he's only 22 ffs. 1st grade debut at 19. Club man of the year b4 he even played 1st grade. Yeah - real bog.

Whatever is going on is bigger than this court case. You don't go from bright young thing to outcast overnight without something doing in the background. And like most mental health problems, a circumstance brings the broader issue to light. In this case, I suspect the circumstance was that training session.

Dogs would have professional indemnity so they aren't gunna pay a cent on this. Dogs have public opinion, media and the NRL on their side so they aren't losing there either. So why exactly are you and just about everyone else laying into a kid who Gus has suggested has mental health issues significant enough that the Dogs, per Gus's words, provided the kid the support he needs? 4 kicks maybe?

Fckng lol.

Juniorluke

Waterboy
Reaction score
The worst thing is the RLPA and NRL will want this to go away and not see the light of day. Wouldn’t surprise me if the NRL just pays him out to make it go away, because as Braith said this could be a landmark case. Great to see the club defend Touma because he is one of the reasons behind our improvement.

Power move from Druissi tonight. Our lawyers will be far more expensive and far more powerful.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score

This was kept under wraps when RFM blew up - as Gus said - mental health. Now I suspect the kid is getting some atrocious advice from someone and has gone legal. Got to remember he's only 22 ffs. 1st grade debut at 19. Club man of the year b4 he even played 1st grade. Yeah - real bog.

Whatever is going on is bigger than this court case. You don't go from bright young thing to outcast overnight without something doing in the background. And like most mental health problems, a circumstance brings the broader issue to light. In this case, I suspect the circumstance was that training session.

Dogs would have professional indemnity so they aren't gunna pay a cent on this. Dogs have public opinion, media and the NRL on their side so they aren't losing there either. So why exactly are you and just about everyone else laying into a kid who Gus has suggested has mental health issues significant enough that the Dogs, per Gus's words, provided the kid the support he needs? 4 kicks maybe?

Fckng lol.
Some of what you say are good points, but if it is broader ".mental health issues " why exactly is it the clubs problem that it surfaced doing something that others have done and he was paid very well to do and train for.
As you said the club supported him and his mental health but 4 million should fix it..ok

Bulldog Bloke

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Fckng lol.
Because of the club? Or because he is upset that he isn’t a first grader? If he has mental issues then go and sort them out, why try to destroy the club?

if he was pilot with qantas should we be forced to let him keep flying planes at the risk of hurting his feelings???

what happened to the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few?

this has a stink all over it. He is an adult. He could say no. He could walk out at anytime.

sick of bullshit excuses for shit behavior.

Bulldog Bloke

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Fckng lol.
First grade at 19… in a team that won 3 fucking games all year.lol

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
there is a limit as to what can be done to punish players, like if the 30 players were to whip him or bang him in the ass then thats crossed the line

we should discuss what is the line, start off with something clearly fine and then make it slightly worse until you find the agreed limit

so if wrestling people is ok, how about wrestling them and 1 of them farts in your face?
Doesn't it depend on the fart?
Was the fart intended to humiliate the player in front of his peers?
Did the fart put the player at risk of suffocation from methane gas?
Did each of the 30 players have a kebab with extra onion and chilli for breakfast?
Is Channel 7 paying for Topine's accommodation and ..... 'expenses'?
So many questions, so few answers.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
White kids were targeted by 5t in cabramatta west in the 90's and lebs in bass hill etc. Africans and Aboriginals have 'tried' to rob me at knife point in separate incidents while spewing racial shit.

Indians need help to achieve dei in bashing and robbing. Maybe an Indian Hells Angel's chapter
The term "human race" is a misnomer. There is only one human race - we are all humans, our only difference is our ethnicity. This simple fact should be taught at primary school and maybe that would go a long way to eliminate the "racist" elements in our society.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Some of what you say are good points, but if it is broader ".mental health issues " why exactly is it the clubs problem that it surfaced doing something that others have done and he was paid very well to do and train for.
As you said the club supported him and his mental health but 4 million should fix it..ok
I'm no mental health expert but I'm guessing the idea of all the talk about mental health is to try bring it into the spotlight so it doesn't get to the point of a circumstance of breaking down. I work in a stressful environment (sometimes) and watched exactly that happen to a colleague. It wasn't the circumstance (in this case telling a range of senior stakeholders to go fck themslves in a meeting) that caused the mental health (in his case, very bad marriage breakup plus kids going through all sorts of shit for years), the circumstance made it obvious to everyone else. Ideally, you get help before you get to the circumstance - helps avoid a shit show.

Guess you missed the point about atrocious advice? He won't be playing NRL in Oz again and I reckon even SL is gone. His footy career and rep is trashed because of a lawyer. Is that the kids fault who's probably not thinking straight?

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
I'm no mental health expert but I'm guessing the idea of all the talk about mental health is to try bring it into the spotlight so it doesn't get to the point of a circumstance of breaking down. I work in a stressful environment (sometimes) and watched exactly that happen to a colleague. It wasn't the circumstance (in this case telling a range of senior stakeholders to go fck themslves in a meeting) that caused the mental health (in his case, very bad marriage breakup plus kids going through all sorts of shit for years), the circumstance made it obvious to everyone else. Ideally, you get help before you get to the circumstance - helps avoid a shit show.

Guess you missed the point about atrocious advice? He won't be playing NRL in Oz again and I reckon even SL is gone. His footy career and rep is trashed because of a lawyer. Is that the kids fault who's probably not thinking straight?
Fair point, bad advice 100% but he is a adult and can make big boy decisions like the rest of us..

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait for Liam Knight to sue because Danika didnt like his blonde hair

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score

Either way there is no winners in this ...