News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Australian can reveal that when Faitala-Mariner raised the players’ concerns about the long hours and the subsequent impact on their families, Ciraldo allegedly responded by saying: “If you, or any other player, don’t like it, there’s the f..king door.”

This is all I need to read and see how the team is playing this season to know Ciraldo is the man. Fuck all these soft ***** that subsequently have all been shown the door now anyway.
And it’s 10000% evident the players are buying into the culture.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How sad, to throw away your football career over nothing.
I liked this bloke when he played for us but this is just mental, I don’t see how he proves this shit.
Same. Just making bad life choices that are going to stay with him forever

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can we reserve seats for this. :tearsofjoy:

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If the club is able to disprove a few of these claims, whoever sold this statement to the media could also be up for one hell of a defamation lawsuit.

If there's truth to this all Touma sounds like he lost his shit with him and went too far. But if he was that angry you'd think someone would have intervened. Topine seemed pretty popular within the club and I'd like to think his team mates would do the right thing.

When the smoke clears on all of this I almost guarantee that we'll know almost as little about what happened on the day as we already know now. I'd hope that Topine gets a fair payout (not even going to estimate what that number is but 4 million is very ambitious) while I hope his lawyer in this gets fucked over if as I assume he's leaked confidential legal documents.
Unlikely that the lawyer will lose. There clearly isn't enough accountability policy in place given how many dodgy ones appear to be running around.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How sad, to throw away your football career over nothing.
I liked this bloke when he played for us but this is just mental, I don’t see how he proves this shit.
Other clubs are going to think twice hiring a player that doesn’t want to train.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He might be going for $4M but it would cost the club another $1M+ to fight this so he’ll probably end up with $1M+ payout. He’ll play NSW Cup for match payments for the rest of his career.

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hope the weak **** doesn’t live within 600km of belmore he’ll be belted on the streets
This is exactly why Gus chose Ciraldo.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He might be going for $4M but it would cost the club another $1M+ to fight this so he’ll probably end up with $1M+ payout. He’ll play NSW Cup for match payments for the rest of his career.
He wont play again hence why he is going for a max 10 year career pay out...

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My Under 12s soccer coach made me run 2 laps around the oval after training in absolutely pissing down rain because I was late one day. Wasn't even my fucking fault! The old man stopped for petrol on the way and bumped into an old mate. Maybe I should have sued him for deprivation of me liberties.
You have $4million coming your way :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Jackson is getting horrid advice on this one. He and his legal team are obviously seeing the dollar signs and want to play this out in the press to pressure the club into a higher payout.

But this is not the legacy you want to have as a professional footballer. Expect to hear from all sorts of mental health experts and anonymous players that talk about how they feel sorry for him but when the dust settles on this, his mental health will take an even bigger hit because he’ll forever be seen as a money grabbing whinger. One that milked something that could’ve absolutely been dealt with inhouse for personal gain. $4 million is an absolute joke and he and his legal team should be embarrassed with that and some of the quotes in this article.
Couldn't agree more. A terrible terrible outcome and legacy for Jackson. Hard to marry this up with his previous work ethic as an up and coming young player.

We can feel confident about how Gus treats his players, as a father figure, and also Ciro who is highly regarded by his players and seems of the highest calibre of responsible man manager and coach.

Can only assume Jackson has received some very very questionable advice on how to deal with this, at a vulnerable mentally unstable time for himself with other issues nothing to do with the club.

The fact that Gus and Ciro are quality mentors, and men, leads most Bulldogs fans to believe that a satisfactory resolution could have been the outcome if Jackson's advice had been more conciliatory and possibly realistic.

I hope there's a way to resolve this and he can move on. It just does not add up. The court case alone and the salivating, salacious gossip hounds like Buzz Drunkfield would destroy Jackson. I sincerely hope he re-thinks this and gets back to the kitchen table with the club.

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
At the end of the day, in about 95% of cases, its all about the mon-eh.

The Club is best to get their highly paid lawyers to get a wham bam settlement happening, wrap it up in an NDA, and have it moved on before our next game.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
At the end of the day, in about 95% of cases, its all about the mon-eh.

The Club is best to get their highly paid lawyers to get a wham bam settlement happening, wrap it up in an NDA, and have it moved on before our next game.
question is who are our lawyers? Lol would love to know

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. A terrible terrible outcome and legacy for Jackson. Hard to marry this up with his previous work ethic as an up and coming young player.

We can feel confident about how Gus treats his players, as a father figure, and also Ciro who is highly regarded by his players and seems of the highest calibre of responsible man manager and coach.

Can only assume Jackson has received some very very questionable advice on how to deal with this, at a vulnerable mentally unstable time for himself with other issues.

The fact that Gus and Ciro are quality mentors, and men, leads most Bulldogs fans to believe that a satisfactory resolution could have been the outcome if Jackson's advice had been more conciliatory and possibly realistic.

I hope there's a way to resolve this and he can move on. It just does not add up. The court case alone and the salivating, salacious gossip hounds like Buzz Drunkfield would destroy Jackson. I sincerely hope he re-thinks this and gets back to the kitchen table with the club.
He can stay away from the table. The media blitz is embarrassing for him not the club in the eyes of most fans. Only a few media clowns think this is even a story. It is rare on here that there is a unanimous view

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His lawyers know we live in a time where 'mental health' is the latest buzz. If they can prove he was 'distraught' or asked for the wrestling to 'stop', then now plays the mental card / can't work etc, then we'll be in deep shit and likely lose.

End of the day, he's an employee and employee's have rights.

If he didn't ask to stop etc then i doubt he'll get anything.