News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
You say he walked. So why did he turn up to training and train the next day?
You made a bet and didn't back it up when you lost.

Think the integrity of my words is better than you. Thanks for your comment though.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Deflecting or failing to repeat what I've already said 20 times in this thread? Haven't seen anywhere that said he being punished was the problem, the level of punishment was. In particular given his view that he didn't need to be there for strapping and didn't think it applied to him.

You or my view is irrelevant. The above is in his evidence. And thats a fact unless the club can prove otherwise.
Yep it's deflecting, I didn't mention anything about the punishment, I specifically quoted (and have only commented on this thread) about his excuse for being late.

Never covered any other pieces in regards to this situation, purely his excuse for being late.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ok I'll try again. You can have an underlying problem which never sees the light of day until that moment. Fairly sure the parents of the kid that stabbed the Priest the other day realised their kid had a problem until the incident. Most don't put a sign up bro.

Now I'm not pretending I know the deets in any way, but Gus said mental health. The case is some outrageous shit but I'm still not putting crap on the kid if someone closer to it than me that I trust says there is an underlying problem. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Most of the people here and their comments are trying to be reasonable and most not really putting crap on the kid. We all know mental health is important for everyone not only those with identified issues going through treatment.

I'm mainly trying to get an understanding of the situation, the comments here as do the shares help me gain clarity or see if I'm on the right page of thought. If I saw something wrong I'd definitely speak up accordingly, depending on what needs to be said or done.
There's a lot of vagueness I'm basing myself on minimum details and the fact the trainer has experience with another club, that is, consistency of training methods, built rapport with a respected coaching figure of the NRL, together with piecing together some context like the fact the player was propped up during junior grades and was finding it tough to cement 1st grade.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
lol. you clowns left alpha emitters in a primary school, moved some beta in the back of a car but forgot it was there until a site scan picked up on it a few days later and my fave, the senior safety manager that got caught burning warts off his fingers with liquid N. And got a promotion two months later.

And any arpansa review takes years so you're never held accountable.

Then we can talk about the little burial site out the back. How your acid and alkaline waste systems are always fckd up because people keep throwing shite out in the wrong bin (or whatever u call it).

And the academics I've work with down there are more stoned than I am - and thats saying something.

Seriously always expect to see Homer when I'm down there - its that kind of place :tearsofjoy:

With due respect , You are just talking out of your arse .

You are questioning the credibility and reputation of not only ARPANSA , TGA (national regulatory bodies) but also IAEA (international one)

Nuclear facility is the most secured , highly guarded and heavily regulated site in entire Australia .

No incident on site or offsite can be brushed under the carpet.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Then you should know that its about interpretation. And its for the courts to decide whether the interpretation is substantive. Someone here posted about Topine punching the poker tables hard last year so what money are you getting out of him. Was probably on $200k a year. Not exactly Haas money.

As i said b4. Guarantee the Dogs settle out of court. Because there is something there. And I don't know exactly what went on that day other than the same stuff you and others have read. But I can look at Topine vs Knight and say - thats a problem.
You could look at this situation from numerous views. Topine faking for cash grab is one popular opinion. I can't rule that out, but I suspect he has had mental health issues to deal with and has had bad advice following on from there.

The feeling I'm getting from this is that Topines money has probably run out recently and he can't afford $2k per month to retain the lawyer. The club has stood their ground offered conciliation, healthcare, and tried to follow the right protocols etc. Topine hasn't responded because someone has dreamed up a big lawsuit. So the club froze his wage.

Topine potentially met this lawyer who's known that a reasonable payout would net him a $25,000 fee. But his monthly retention rate over a year would net him $24,003.75. so he's deliberately dragged this out until he's gotten his fees by making a ridiculous demand ($4 million). Now Topines out of money. So the lawyer has nothing much to gain by stalling anymore.

So I'd guess his lawyer has tried pressuring the club for a big payout over the last month.
They've stood their ground.
He's threatened to sell the story.
They've stood their ground.
He's sold every legal document and interaction exchanged throughout this.
We're standing our ground.

So there's a lot of ways we could interpret this. Topine has exhausted his money and agreed to let the lawyer sell the story so he can keep paying him is my theory.

I have no inside information. But there's probably a hundred ways we could interpret things. End of the day I'd like JT to get through this healthy and without owing this lawyer whatever settlement he gets. I don't think it'll set him up for life. And I think he's now damaged goods in the eyes of recruitment crews. I do think he'll try to play again when the dust has settled.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How common/rare is it for a 22yo 2nd rower that’s played since jnrs to require zero strapping?

was he the only player in the entire squad that required zero strapping?

If there were others that didn’t require strapping, what time did they turn up?

Was the timing of strapping starting 30min prior to training a new thing for the club or was this common for any physical training?

Has the club always expected players to turn up at the beginning of strapping or was this a new requirement?

when did the squad warm up? during strapping or at the beginning of wrestling?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To accuse 30 players of assault lol. Wouldn't he have to prove individually that each one assaulted him.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
I agree.

He is blaming Touma but the players he wrestled could have said no as well if they feared for his wellbeing.

Unless they were real sociopaths.

But lets face it, we all saw them play last year and I can't remember a killer instinct from any of them, in any game.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he was assaulted, wouldn't the players that "assaulted" him have to be charged?
Exactly.

And 'Deprivation of Liberty'?

Definition:
"The unlawful confinement of a person against that person's will, or against the will of any parent, guardian or other person having lawful custody or care of that person, and not involving the taking away of the person."

Pretty sure that is a criminal offence as well.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You made a bet and didn't back it up when you lost.

Think the integrity of my words is better than you. Thanks for your comment though.
That easy to shut you up. Got it

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How common/rare is it for a 22yo 2nd rower that’s played since jnrs to require zero strapping?

was he the only player in the entire squad that required zero strapping?

If there were others that didn’t require strapping, what time did they turn up?

Was the timing of strapping starting 30min prior to training a new thing for the club or was this common for any physical training?

Has the club always expected players to turn up at the beginning of strapping or was this a new requirement?

when did the squad warm up? during strapping or at the beginning of wrestling?
It's not that strapping.

Tells you what is it.
_______

Strapping is a professional sporting term for preparation.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he only sucked it up and knuckled down hed have 10 more years playing obviously not us

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Doogie, a question mate.

6 years ago I came late to a meeting (completely my fault as I slept over) and my boss tore me a new one infront of all my team members.

To date I am still pissed off as I felt humiliated and embarrased.

Can I go ahead and sue my boss and the company for damages?

what are my chances of being successful in that lawsuit?
A tradie or fresh apprentice goes up on a ladder or scaffolding, walks on roofs, among co workers, gets a bit shaky the first time and feels embarrassed co workers having a laugh because that fresh apprentice caught a fright that their life was at risk and livelihood was tarnished, not knowing his/her physical and personal limitations. Should they sue the employer, customer for that rude awakening? It's not the only way to build up the inner strength and confidence but it's one of the ways to gaining that experience. All part of the experience isn't it, like isn't part of the job requirement being able to challenge risky heights, angles, etc. Similar to a Rugby league footballer pushing their body to the limits, facing adversity and personal challenges? They're on good dosh for a reason.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
On the outer? You know he started the week before the training sess. And he lawyered up when the Dogs said see ya later, your sick leave is up and since you're not coming to training, you can fck off. And u need help 4 your mental health issues, hope you get it. Or so the statement of claim says.

Not upset at all? So when you find something comical you put shit on him, name call etc etc someone with mental health issues. Which according to the dogs insiders, his mental kicked off a few days after the training session because of..... all the negative publicity about that training session and the comments people were making. So the stuff that triggered him, 90% of this forum is doing.

Now thats comical.
He was not a regular for us at one of our worst periods ever, at our weakest. Half this forum was demanding he be included in first grade but he was lucky to get in a few times here and there.

If the publicity was his trigger, he would not have done all this.

We hold different opinions on this, but you’re defending this guy with your life on this forum. Once you go down the route he has, you need to accept you’re opening yourself up to all this. That’s literally normal.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A tradie or fresh apprentice goes up on a ladder or scaffolding, walks on roofs, among co workers, gets a bit shaky the first time and feels embarrassed co workers having a laugh because that fresh apprentice caught a fright that their life was at risk and livelihood was tarnished, not knowing his/her physical and personal limitations. Should they sue the employer, customer for that rude awakening? It's not the only way to build up the inner strength and confidence but it's one of the ways to gaining that experience. All part of the experience isn't it, like isn't part of the job requirement being able to challenge risky heights, angles, etc. Similar to a Rugby league footballer pushing their body to the limits, facing adversity and personal challenges? They're on good dosh for a reason.

Tell you what , after that humiliation I suffered and serve from boss , now I always turn up 5 minute early for every meeting.

It was my fault so I copped it on the chin but it still hurts todate.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
These are young men, they pull pranks on each other, embarrass and have a laugh at each other just as we would have done in team or work environments. As long as it's reasonable, as in it's comparable to previous tasks at the same club or other clubs or sports, or historically, then to me it's a nothing story and I'm guessing this mindset is similar to what those responsible are thinking and hence the stance taken.

I'm hoping the Bulldogs legal can get it sorted and Topine finds a way to get himself sorted rather than relying on a payout, even with that payout minus legal fees he could really gain minimally out of that... not managed right a couple million could easily go down the drain with nothing planned for the future.

JimmyRustla

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can't believe that someone guided this kid down this path instead of coming back to Belmore and having an honesty session which may have kept a jersey on him. Whoever guided him to this point needs a fucking talking to. I believe if he cane out of that session the other side accepting his punishment and showed grit he would still be around.

Edit - I'm torn on this because I met the bloke last year and he was a gentleman of kid only happy to talk and have a laugh. I'm not condoning his course of action at all but I really do believe someone intended it to go this way at the expense of his career

Last edited:

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hopefully ryan sutton can fuck off now back to english since we got the big man daniel suluka fifita!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Two for the price of one;
Except this wasn't training. This was punishment for a team infraction that when compared to another who committed a similar infraction, was miles apart.
I disagree, it was training, training him in the discipline required to be an NRL player. The disciplinary action itself was in line with normal training methods.
Not my argument. Thats workplace laws for you. You cannot 'punish' workers differently for the same issue. Topine was 20 mins late with what seems a reasonable argument. How late was Knight? You get a new hair do for 10 mins but get flogged badly for 20 mins?

Don't make the rules bro. I have some real dicks working for me and yet, when they fck up and someone who's good fcks up have to treat them exactly the same. Dem the rules.
How do you know that it was "the same issue"? Maybe they were both late but for Knight it was his first office, maybe he was only 1 minute late and it was Topine's (pick a number) offence and he was 20 minutes late. Maybe it wasn't wrestling practise day for Knight and the usual punishment is in line with whatever day it was. Maybe it was "haircut day" that Knight was late for, who knows.

Always a Bulldog