News Jackson Topine - Bulldogs set to reward forward with new deal

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great stuff, a doggy through and through.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He can play hooker in an emergency situation but hopefully he's not required to. I think he should be on the bench but it will be interesting to see what Ciraldo does for a utility as if we have Topine and three other forwards, we don't have much cover for the backline or halves in case of injury..
Halfback will again be our major concern, for that reason I think Reynolds if fit or BBO might get selected ahead of him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Halfback will again be our major concern, for that reason I think Reynolds if fit or BBO might get selected ahead of him.
I don't think Reynolds will be anywhere near FG unless it's as a trainer. At least I hope not anyway..

If we've signed Nu Brown or Salmon as reported, then one of them might be a utility.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think Reynolds will be anywhere near FG unless it's as a trainer. At least I hope not anyway..

If we've signed Nu Brown or Salmon as reported, then one of them might be a utility.
In all honesty we all are speculating, the situation will be clearer in November.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In all honesty we all are speculating, the situation will be clearer in November.
Or maybe not even until February. I hope Ciraldo runs the whole squad into the ground with fitness and strength training the whole preseason and creates a competition for spots throughout the whole squad where players get rewarded on performance and form, not reputation or salary.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The more i see how Doorey isn’t being mentioned of not having a contract, the more i feel he has been resigned which is, well. FUCK.
Unfortunately, he is a walking HIA every game and has been injury prone since making FG. I rate him when fit..

Last edited:

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Unfortunately, he is a walking HIA every game and has been injury prone since making FG. I rate him, and we should sign him for depth.
I guess he has been injury prone but when he does play, he has very minimal impact on a game. He shouldn’t be taking up a top 30 spot anymore and it’s why we should not give him another one.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Or maybe not even until February. I hope Ciraldo runs the whole squad into the ground with fitness and strength training the whole preseason and creates a competition for spots throughout the whole squad where players get rewarded on performance and form, not reputation or salary.
The Bulldogs were the benchmark for fitness, once we lost that every thing else followed.
We must regain that attitude, otherwise not even signing the Australian team will make a difference.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Unfortunately, he is a walking HIA every game and has been injury prone since making FG. I rate him when fit..
He was a rep player all through the grades from memory but has never really kicked on with all his injuries and concussions. I can see why the club might want o retain him for another year.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The squad shouldn’t see or touch the footy until February at the earliest

Run these unfit mofos into the ground

Hit the weights room

Sick of being the most unfit weakest team in the comp

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Topine I'd say is perfect for hooker, second row, or lock. At a pinch maybe even centres during game to cover an injury.

Possibly in a Reubenn Cotter style role.

Deceptively quick and with decent footwork at the line.

Most of his tries in NSW Cup this year have had some flair about them.

Would love to see him punch up the middle on tired forwards towards end of first half of a game.
Good list of young depth.. Did we end up getting the news on Makatoa after the GF injury?
I don't recall hearing or seeing anything about it.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He can play hooker in an emergency situation but hopefully he's not required to. I think he should be on the bench but it will be interesting to see what Ciraldo does for a utility as if we have Topine and three other forwards, we don't have much cover for the backline or halves in case of injury..
But but but Utility position is taken = Joshy Reynolds

:tearsofjoy:

Jokes aside unsure if I see him as a starting edge player next year maybe '24 as @Bazildog suggested.