Jackson is the answer @ 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Many in here have been praying for Jackson to be moved to 13.

Last night, along with Origin, shows he’s a much better lock than edge forward.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Absolutely, now if only Pay didn't stupidly play him for only 49 minutes lol.

He does look much better through the middle as it gives us a little more pace and mobility in the forwards. He's also much better at running back in behind the ruck or using a change of direction to make good metres and get a quick play the ball. He will also be more involved in the game as he will push up with runners or look to distribute the ball. His intensity in defence also speaks for its self.

We need him out there for atleast 60+ minutes though, i'm more than confident enough in his ability to do that. You could also probably shift him to the edge for a short stint just to give Martin a spell while he's still new to firstgrade.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

He does look much better through the middle as it gives us a little more pace and mobility in the forwards. He's also much better at running back in behind the ruck or using a change of direction to make good metres and get a quick play the ball. He will also be more involved in the game as he will push up with runners or look to distribute the ball. His intensity in defence also speaks for its self.

We need him out there for atleast 60+ minutes though, i'm more than confident enough in his ability to do that. You could also probably shift him to the edge for a short stint just to give Martin a spell while he's still new to firstgrade.
I was extremely content with our forwards last night... Apart from JJ playing short mins we were really strong. DF and Elliot were also solid where Martin will get better with game time where Priest impressed me, he hits really hard. Pay just needs to sort out this bench out where he can play Klemmer, Woods and JJ at the same time whilst not losing to much during rotations and we have a solid pack.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

His inside ball combinations with Woods got easy metres every time.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I was extremely content with our forwards last night... Apart from JJ playing short mins we were really strong. DF and Elliot were also solid where Martin will get better with game time where Priest impressed me, he hits really hard. Pay just needs to sort out this bench out where he can play Klemmer, Woods and JJ at the same time whilst not losing to much during rotations and we have a solid pack.
Priest shouldn't be in the team at all, no where near ready. To'omaga should have been there and should replace him this week. Elliott and Priest can battle it out for the final remaining spot as a small forward.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
His inside ball combinations with Woods got easy metres every time.
Yup, Pay just really needs to focus on us executing simple yet effective plays like that more often. Jackson also runs onto the ball and that stops the defence rushing up as a unit and killing us in the ruck.

I think our pack needs to look like this next week..

8. Woods
9. JMK
10. Klemmer
11. Martin
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. Brown
15. Fualalo
16. To'omaga
17. Elliott

We can't carry a back on the bench with our squad so we'll just have to make do with Jackson covering at centre if required. I'm not a fan of dual hookers but e have to run with it for the time being as JMK can't go the 80 yet, so lets just try and inject some speed through the middle for the 80 with JMK and Brown splitting the minutes. Brown has been great in ISP and deserves to be rewarded, just like To'omaga should be.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Priest shouldn't be in the team at all, no where near ready. To'omaga should have been there and should replace him this week. Elliott and Priest can battle it out for the final remaining spot as a small forward.
Agree priest was maybe slapped into the side way to early... but some signs are there that he is strong and mobile and maybe let’s see how he goes after 2-3 games in grade. If by then he still gives away dumb penalites etc then hook him. Plenty of time to blood new players as we have next to no chance of making the 8 anymore. Just okay week by week and try new things and players in positions to see what’s best for 2019. We are one half and 2 wingers away from being a solid squad

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree priest was maybe slapped into the side way to early... but some signs are there that he is strong and mobile and maybe let’s see how he goes after 2-3 games in grade. If by then he still gives away dumb penalites etc then hook him. Plenty of time to blood new players as we have next to no chance of making the 8 anymore. Just okay week by week and try new things and players in positions to see what’s best for 2019. We are one half and 2 wingers away from being a solid squad
Na he shouldn't be there and it was obvious to me as soon as he was named. To'omaga has worked tirelessly and has done all that he can in the ISP and is the form forward of our pack, yet Pay still won't reward him with a debut. It should have been him that made his debut last night, not Priest.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Na he shouldn't be there and it was obvious to me as soon as he was named. To'omaga has worked tirelessly and has done all that he can in the ISP and is the form forward of our pack, yet Pay still won't reward him with a debut. It should have been him that made his debut last night, not Priest.
Maybe he was just higher in the pecking order. We all know footy is more politics then form. Maybe the way we lured him in was promising him a grade spot. Who knows

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He played pretty well for someone with minimal match fitness.. He and Elliot deserve another run after last nights efforts. I have been calling for To'omaga as we need another big forward letting Klem, Woods and JJ to start in the middle. Problem is that means your rotation will most likely be RT and Fualalo in the middle at the same time and we cant afford that but the sooner we get RT ready the better off we will be.

Cant wait t'ill our bench selcetions look something like this..

To'maga
Ogden
Elliot
Okunbor
JMK
Lichaa

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Maybe he was just higher in the pecking order. We all know footy is more politics then form. Maybe the way we lured him in was promising him a grade spot. Who knows
All i know is Pay is making the wrong decisions far too often.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He played pretty well for someone with minimal match fitness.. He and Elliot deserve another run after last nights efforts. I have been calling for To'omaga as we need another big forward letting Klem, Woods and JJ to start in the middle. Problem is that means your rotation will most likely be RT and Fualalo in the middle at the same time and we cant afford that but the sooner we get RT ready the better off we will be.
Why can't we have To'omaga and Fualalo together? I see no reason why. Priest shouldn't have been there, dud decision by Pay once again.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why can't we have To'omaga and Fualalo together? I see no reason why. Priest shouldn't have been there, dud decision by Pay once again.
Its an experience thing for me and considering they aren't the best defenders, our middle would be a worry once fatigue takes control.

Preist was good and can justify his selection though one more week in ISP would have helped everyone.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All i know is Pay is making the wrong decisions far too often.
Rookie af. His too interested in watching and riding the game instead of coaching it. I'd also say Penna is shit house as an assistant.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, Pay just really needs to focus on us executing simple yet effective plays like that more often. Jackson also runs onto the ball and that stops the defence rushing up as a unit and killing us in the ruck.

I think our pack needs to look like this next week..

8. Woods
9. JMK
10. Klemmer
11. Martin
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. Brown
15. Fualalo
16. To'omaga
17. Elliott

We can't carry a back on the bench with our squad so we'll just have to make do with Jackson covering at centre if required. I'm not a fan of dual hookers but e have to run with it for the time being as JMK can't go the 80 yet, so lets just try and inject some speed through the middle for the 80 with JMK and Brown splitting the minutes. Brown has been great in ISP and deserves to be rewarded, just like To'omaga should be.
Id put Tolman in there instead of elliott.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pritchard cops ANOTHER concussion as does Mannah but they both returned to the field. Maybe a concern for them there for nest week. Couple of very sore bodies..

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate jack gibson could be coach of this club at minute and results wouldnt be any different. I played under dean for 3 years and we only lost 3 games, and his development and the confidence he give the young guys coming through was second to none. Id trust pays decisions over your rubbish anyday. He lost to a side with the most succesful coaching record in the history of the game. U got to be kidding yourself how good u think u are. Love to play 10 mins against u and see how good your footballing instincts are, u would be sent to bin for shitting yourself before the 10 was up.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And i also think jackson is better suited at lock but is far far far from the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.