Other News Source Jackson Hastings

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hastings is known for being on the nose with team mates. Not just at Manly either so its not a purchase I would chase personally.
You need some c*** in a team, just not sure if its him.

Havent watched enough of his games.
I know hes been there for a while without making any headlines so id say hes smartening up. If so id def give him a shot @ either 5/8 or 9.

Hes not a silly c*** thats for sure, just a numbnut growin up but thats normal for most youngsters with a bit hype along side their name.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL clubs target Hastings
Matthew Shaw June 14, 2020

Jackson Hastings is the subject of interest from two NRL clubs.

New Zealand Warriors and Canterbury Bulldogs are understood to have both expressed an interest in the reigning Man Of Steel, with the Warriors ready to offer him a deal.

The Wigan halfback has an NRL-clause in his contract that allows him to return to the competition next year should he wish to do so.

It appears he will have that opportunity, with the Warriors particularly keen to sign the 24-year-old for 2021 and it’s believed they have tabled an offer to the Wigan ace.

He has been primed as a replacement for the former Wigan halfback Blake Green. The veteran is off-contract at the end of the season and turns 34 in September. New Zealand international Kodi Nikorima is the Warriors’ other leading halfback.

It remains to be seen whether Hastings is keen on a move to New Zealand. While he has never made a secret of his desire to one day return to the NRL, living outside Australia may not be as appealing for him.

That’s where a move to Canterbury could be a greater attraction, though their interest does not appear to be as great as that of the Warriors.

While Lachlan Lewis is highly-rated at Belmore, their other two halfbacks, Kieran Foran and Jack Cogger, are both off-contract.

Foran has been riddled with injuries for a number of years and is on big money, leaving his future at the club in doubt.

Hastings does have another year on his Wigan deal and could well stay with the Super League giants in 2021.

Despite his desire to play NRL, he is also on record as stating that he is in no rush to return to the NRL and will only make the move when, and if, the right opportunity becomes available.

Wigan could be on the verge of a significant overhaul to their squad.

Both Thomas Leuluai and Sean O’Loughlin are off-contract and have been tipped to retire, tough O’Loughlin has suggested that he may play on next year. Ben Flower is set to join Toronto while Oliver Gildart has been linked with an NRL move after appointing leading Australian representative Sam Ayoub.

There is a release clause in Gildart’s contract if a club is prepared to make a move for him.

Joe Burgess is another high-profile player off-contract, as is Tony Clubb, while young forward Ethan Havard has attracted interest from NRL giants Melbourne Storm.

https://www.totalrl.com/nrl-clubs-target-hastings/
Sign Hastings STAT! Get him over now, he can share a room with Thompson! He is another piece of the puzzle, can also play Hooker!

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This would be player #349 that we're rumoured to be interested in. The media really are having a field day linking the club to every player.
Good hope the Club takes note and signs the kid!

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everyone knows that but so does Hastings (he said as much during the isolation break) and you'd hope with some time away from the NRL he's addressed this issue. I'm personally not the biggest fan of getting Hastings and I'd still rather Foran (until a top experienced contract half is available) and one of our younger halves. I guess for the right price you have to consider everyone but if the Warriors are interested it's probably not worth it. Also to me the Super League is a much inferior league so I don't weigh much into it (I haven't watched but Sezer is probably killing it/is going to kill it, that's just how it goes over there).
Hows Frawley doing over there?

TopEnd K9

Waterboy
Reaction score
If that Williams kid at Canberra is anything to go by, then some one who won the man of steal accolade over him is a MASSIVE improvement on what we have !!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So he couldn’t cope in the inferior competition
Lasted one year and is apparently on a development contract with the Raiders for this year.He's had long enough to develop and I thought they were for the young blokes coming through...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So he couldn’t cope in the inferior competition
Frawley is on his own level. Not even close to Seizer or Hastings. He's one of my most hated players to play for the club.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
I know 2 people that have coached him and a few that have played with him and all say that he’s the biggest knob they’ve ever been around in a team environment.
If he was an out and out star then you’d overlook that type of shit but he’s average and we’re just clutching because we’re all feeling a bit desperate.

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Frawley is on his own level. Not even close to Seizer or Hastings. He's one of my most hated players to play for the club.
I agree he was frustrating but of late we could nearly name a full team of players of the same caliber.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think he showed more then Lewis ...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think he showed more then Lewis ...
Agree... What's even more depressing is that these 2 frauds stop a genuine running 6 in Cleeland getting a run... Even if he didn't hold a spot down, he at least deserved 1 game over these fuckers. Now it would seem Wakeham is the new victim in our halves shit show

Last edited: