Opinion JAC

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No one else dumb enough to pay 700 for a winger. He will stay.
They will pay a decent amount with us chipping in the rest. Anyways 550k reported salary (nothing mentioned about cap increases, not every player has that clause) and we already have way too much cap space for 25 that we're going to struggle to spend.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They will pay a decent amount with us chipping in the rest. Anyways 550k reported salary (nothing mentioned about cap increases, not every player has that clause) and we already have way too much cap space for 25 that we're going to struggle to spend.
I don't know if JAC does or not but the majority of players have ratchet clauses these days. Especially key players on deals of more than 2 years.. I think it doesn't get reported because it's assumed. Anyone that doesn't should fire their manager.

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know if this is related and already said but he lives on the street next to me and he put his house for sale about a month ago and his car so probably likely could just be a coincidence

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not very often you see an individual try like that, the teams mindset.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cuckerbum

Noun: cuc-ker-bum

colloquial term - not formal or literary.

Example … the constant bullshit and dribble that comes out of this clowns mouth on a daily basis in his vendetta against Gould & the Club is shear cuckerbum.

Image1693793251.543619.jpg

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Last year Josh was our inspiration. This year he seems voiceless. We have the fastest man in league yet our game plan does not focus on our strengths. Our point of attack is incorrect, hence a Jason Taylor coffee meet. This should have been thought of around mid season rather than after the horse has bolted. I mentioned after round one against the eagles while fielding a full side that our ball play was not on par.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s all bull shit he ain’t leaving.
Usual dip shits destabilising the club
He better not. Judging by him scoring a hatty and ripping the badge as he always does, it would be incredible if true.

Eta: He was clearly still hampered by injury in the game before last, not being to outrun DCE, but was back to his best yesterday. What a performance, his best of the year?

Another edit: Get him a centre inside that we can rely on to feed him good ball and he’ll be trotting again. Whether that’s Crichton or Xerri or whoever, but Alamoti was quite the disappointment this season. We obv need a much stronger pack t9 get the team rolling too. Those two things will see The Foxx pushing for try scorer of the season.

Last edited:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cuckerbum

Noun: cuc-ker-bum

colloquial term - not formal or literary.

Example … the constant bullshit and dribble that comes out of this clowns mouth on a daily basis in his vendetta against Gould & the Club is shear cuckerbum.

View attachment 81056
and with his makeup on:

1693797638658.png

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen this said about him a lot and I don't know if I subscribe to it.

He is the type of winger that capitalises on opportunities - and is still one of, if not still the best at capitalising in the comp.

Last year the talk on here was that he was busted and past it when we signed him, which seemed plausible given the try-spell he started off 2022 with. He was overlooked for Origin and apparently "out of form", but really he just wasn't getting any good ball or opportunities. He had Schoupp inside him who wasn't a draw and pass centre, and we were incapable of shifting the ball without the defence being all over us. The only ball he got was from taking hit-ups out of yardage - which is the weakest aspect of his game, and if that's all he is able to do in a game, it makes him look very shit, and like he's not really having a go. But once Burton was able to create opportunities for him (mainly through kicks), Fox was suddenly back to his deadly best. The talk of him being busted or 'not the same since his injury' on here turned out to be typical kennel pessimism as he once again topped out the Telstra speed tracker at 38.7km/h, beating out his Storm best of 38.5km/h (2019).

I think this season it's been the same situation where he's had no opportunities to capitalise on. Yesterday he scored a 70-metre solo effort from an early shift into space, another from a Kikau draw and pass, and a final from a Perham line break and kick. Those opportunities have just not been there this season. Close to the line the ball tends to get tied up in crash-plays, and there is usually an error, or a poor end of set kick, rather than us shifting effectively from one side to another and getting the ball to the Fox without a defender in front of him.

The past two weeks Alamoti has shown a good catch and pass to get the ball to the Fox in space, which if executed closer to the try line would net a try for free.
View attachment 81048
I think the Fox not succeeding in this line-break also gave the impression he's not 100%, but the height of the pass made him hop slightly and delay full acceleration, which allowed Cherry-Evans to break into a sprint sooner and cover just enough ground to spook him.

So the Fox being not himself or 'out of form' I think is the biggest symptom of our team's struggle in attack, just because his main/sole value is in capitalising off of opportunities. It was the same at Origin this year where he saw no ball. It's like Alex Johnston, who was completely invisible against us in Rd19 because he saw no ball. Yet at equal third on the try tally, I don't think many people think he is out of form, when he has the same minimal impact on a game as the Fox if he doesn't get good ball.

Funnily enough, Fox's strike rate is better this year at 0.73 than last year's 0.70.
That solo try he scored yesterday was one of, if not the best I’ve seen him score in his career. He has never been one to score heaps of his own creativity, so when he does it, you remember. He took on the edge defenders, beat them, then beat two players after making the initial break, destroying one poor ****’s face in the process.

When he did that, I was like, yep he back.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JAC didn't just throw a switch and make an amazing return to form yesterday. There was never anything wrong with his form, he just wasn't getting any good early ball.

The signs were there the previous week. Alamoti was put back in the team, and his good quick hands set JAC free a couple of times, although he couldn't convert the breaks into points against Manly.

BTW, this isn't a ringing endorsement of Alamoti, just pointing out that one good aspect of his game helps JAC to fire.
Everything that comes good in attack is from 6,7 and 9 and 1
Our mob basically offer nothing on a weekly basis .
Until they all get fixed and click.
Ado Carr will be a spectator

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That will be the best part of becoming successful again. Shutting up the fucktards.
I hope this happens! Im sick of the shit we cop daily. No doubt the spotlight will be on Crialdo again

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He won’t be the only one of our big names that leaves early
Same feeling here mate.
Some of the players want out - while the coaching team reflect and prepare.

Currently our team costs too much and delivers too little.

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know if this is related and already said but he lives on the street next to me and he put his house for sale about a month ago and his car so probably likely could just be a coincidence
if that’s true he’s gone lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What car?