Other News Source JAC

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I stand by what I’ve said. While I understand we need other positions urgently too. Mainly hooker. There is nothing.

We urgently need points. Addo carr is that. Our attack has been horrible. Burton and addo carr need to be signed.

Will improve hugely. Swap them Smith if that’s what it takes.

For 2022 we have a ton of $ mainly with Napa hoppa off contract alone theres 1.2+ throw in another 6-8 at least players off the books from jmk Lewis Meaney okonbor c Smith britt Crichton r Smith if here.

We can go hard for the positions we need with time to plan. Ideally b Smith/mcinnnes or an English hooker and staggs in my opinion.

We can’t just pass up an Australian caliber scoring freak. We fuckijg need it!

I personally believe he could kill it at fb too. People using latrell as example. He started to look solid at the back half and had some big games. The start was poor though these two are nothing alike. Not to mention addo carr is so fucking fit. Reminds me more what papen could bring. Just speed with taking bombs and linking. He doesn’t have a kicking game or a passing game really but could Develope. The speed and instinct he has is as good as it gets.

Guess will see.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I stand by what I’ve said. While I understand we need other positions urgently too. Mainly hooker. There is nothing.

We urgently need points. Addo carr is that. Our attack has been horrible. Burton and addo carr need to be signed.

For 2022 we have a ton of $ mainly with Napa hoppa off contract alone theres 1.2+ throw in another 6-8 at least players off the books from jmk Lewis Meaney okonbor c Smith britt Crichton r Smith if here.

We can go hard for the positions we need with time to plan. Ideally b Smith/mcinnnes or an English hooker and staggs in my opinion.

I personally believe he could kill it at fb too. People using latrell as example. He started to look solid at the back half and had some big games. The start was poor though these two are nothing alike. Not to mention addo carr is so fucking fit. Reminds me more what papen could bring. Just speed with taking bombs and linking. He doesn’t have a kicking game or a passing game really but could Develope. The speed and instinct he has is as good as it gets.

Guess will see.
Let's say you put him at fullback. What do you then do with Averillo considering we've just signed him onto a new deal?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JAC would be great , but we will pay top dollar for him and lose RSmith too. Assuming Okunbor recovers by round 8-10, hopefully sooner . And we keep RSmith it gives us 2 wingers that are 6 foot 5 for Flanagan to kick to ,which is hard to defend against.
Without knowing how much we have left to spend , I think BSmith and Burton should be our top priorities. They are both quality young players that would create so many more options and chances than an untried JAC would at fullback .
No pack really dominated us this year and the addition of Heatherington, Waddell and a fit Stimson just adds more creativity and 2nd phase play . Plus we won’t have Tolman killing our attack, taking 2 hit ups and every time we are in the opposition 20 .
Nick Meaney showed he is more than competent at fullback, he is never caught out of position , good under the high ball and has good instincts for backing up. And Averillo could quite easily play there too. That leaves Hoppa or DWZ to fill the other centre position or maybe we could make a play for James Roberts, he would be 3 or 4 hundred K cheaper than JAC and just as quick.We could offer JMK , Wakeham or Lewis to sweeten the deal for BSmith, leaving more cash for Burton.
After the disastrous couple of seasons we have just had ,it’s onwards and upwards now.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

Guess will see.
Lets not forget for 2022, the Sharks & Tigers will be massively cashed up too clearing out their deadwood with the likes of Moylan, Fafita, Duggan, R Packer, Josh Reynolds etc all finishing their huge contracts.
The recruitment team need to get the player signings bang on especially if the likes of a JAC or B Smith are offered up

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Good Give It to him! Ffs before south’s magically do lol.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
JAC would be great , but we will pay top dollar for him and lose RSmith too. Assuming Okunbor recovers by round 8-10, hopefully sooner . And we keep RSmith it gives us 2 wingers that are 6 foot 5 for Flanagan to kick to ,which is hard to defend against.
Without knowing how much we have left to spend , I think BSmith and Burton should be our top priorities. They are both quality young players that would create so many more options and chances than an untried JAC would at fullback .
No pack really dominated us this year and the addition of Heatherington, Waddell and a fit Stimson just adds more creativity and 2nd phase play . Plus we won’t have Tolman killing our attack, taking 2 hit ups and every time we are in the opposition 20 .
Nick Meaney showed he is more than competent at fullback, he is never caught out of position , good under the high ball and has good instincts for backing up. And Averillo could quite easily play there too. That leaves Hoppa or DWZ to fill the other centre position or maybe we could make a play for James Roberts, he would be 3 or 4 hundred K cheaper than JAC and just as quick.We could offer JMK , Wakeham or Lewis to sweeten the deal for BSmith, leaving more cash for Burton.
After the disastrous couple of seasons we have just had ,it’s onwards and upwards now.
I’m not so certain B Smith will be on the market now until 22 McInnes is available now.
not Mick Ennis, McInnes. Could be an omen. Hahahaha.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Do you really think JAC is going to spend another year at Melbourne on the wing? Can’t imagine his money changing for one more year, or is he going for one last push to up his price to sign with a Sydney club? All sounds very strange to me especially other than fullback money he wants to be close to family in Sydney. WTF, sounds like last minute games to me.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do you really think JAC is going to spend another year at Melbourne on the wing? Can’t imagine his money changing for one more year, or is he going for one last push to up his price to sign with a Sydney club? All sounds very strange to me especially other than fullback money he wants to be close to family in Sydney. WTF, sounds like last minute games to me.
If he was desperate to return to Sydney I think he'd have committed to a club by now. The longer he remains uncommitted the more I think his management is trying to squeeze a bigger offer out of whichever Sydney clubhe can.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s all smoke and mirrors...
JAC is leaving the Storm, the issue for JAC is timing and a swap deal...
Timing in that only 2 or 3 clubs can realistically make a play for him under cap considerations and then factor in the type of money he wants is above his position grade meaning a club has to pay overs to play him as a winger or take a punt on him at fullback. This narrows it down to Tigers and Dogs, but then you have the Melbourne issue of requiring a player swap... Tigers will not release Nofoaluma or Talau, willing to release Mbye, Bulldogs have a few options that look more appealing to the Storm..
I think we are in the box seat and it’s all about milking more coin by spreading rubbish through journos

At the end of the day, I’ll be stoked if we land one of either JAC or B Smith... both would be a ridiculously good recruitment drive, maybe the best we have seen
the only thing in that scenario is that there have been reports all year about the Tigers & their salary cap. Surely they would have to offload one of their "sucker" buys to come close to nabbing him. And who in their right mind would take Reynolds even at $500k?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Guess will see.
He COULD be like Ewan McGrady was at fullback.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Another Latrell Mitchell saga....

Fuck him.

Time to chase a hooker and a couple of props

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
At least this way we don’t get all his fake gangster, racist jibberish along with whatever mail gets posted.
Playa WOT!
What you mean this fake gangsta bulll(***t)
Best that be down dream and not real or I'll be poppin up on your ass. You best believe in the OG and you pffft noting but a BG (baby gangsta).

You a pigeon yo.

CC7548BE-4594-4CCD-A3F4-E30599B6FEBC.jpeg

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he was desperate to return to Sydney I think he'd have committed to a club by now. The longer he remains uncommitted the more I think his management is trying to squeeze a bigger offer out of whichever Sydney clubhe can.
Exactly this.

It's not like this scenario of him coming back to Sydney was floated in the leadin to the finals. It's been going on for over a year now, and without doubt he's been in discussions with multiple clubs for some time especially considering the complications re. player swap.

For him to now say he may stay in Melbourne stinks of him not getting what he wants e.g. a lot of money / the fullback position.

The reality in my mind is that he always felt he'd be able to force his way to Souths, but Melbourne are a lot tougher negotiators than anyone. They won't simply let him leave. They need a replacement which Souths can't provide so JAC is stuck there for another year.

That's my take on it anyway.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly this.

It's not like this scenario of him coming back to Sydney was floated in the leadin to the finals. It's been going on for over a year now, and without doubt he's been in discussions with multiple clubs for some time especially considering the complications re. player swap.

For him to now say he may stay in Melbourne stinks of him not getting what he wants e.g. a lot of money / the fullback position.

The reality in my mind is that he always felt he'd be able to force his way to Souths, but Melbourne are a lot tougher negotiators than anyone. They won't simply let him leave. They need a replacement which Souths can't provide so JAC is stuck there for another year.

That's my take on it anyway.
It's less of a media circus than the Mitchell saga was. But I think you are right regarding the fact that Melbourne are in the driver's seat with negotiations. I'd guess that unless they get someone who might come close to offering the same quality and at a reasonable price they'll withhold a release. And I don't really blame them. JAC was a good player at the tigers and they offered him a good deal to move. Stepping into a squad where they have threats across the park and a creative spine has allowed him to make the most of his skillset. So a move to Souths leaves JAC in a strong system, located close to home and with some friends in the squad already. I just wonder if Souths twigged to the fact that it's his preferred destination and aren't offering much more than he's on at Melbourne. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Like I said fake gangster jibberish. I didn’t mince words.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's less of a media circus than the Mitchell saga was. But I think you are right regarding the fact that Melbourne are in the driver's seat with negotiations. I'd guess that unless they get someone who might come close to offering the same quality and at a reasonable price they'll withhold a release. And I don't really blame them. JAC was a good player at the tigers and they offered him a good deal to move. Stepping into a squad where they have threats across the park and a creative spine has allowed him to make the most of his skillset. So a move to Souths leaves JAC in a strong system, located close to home and with some friends in the squad already. I just wonder if Souths twigged to the fact that it's his preferred destination and aren't offering much more than he's on at Melbourne. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
Agree.

It just seems so clear to me. We've been in talks with him for ages now. Fricken ages. As in the past year as he was pushing to move back the previous season from memory.

If he honestly hasn't decided on us yet then he never had an intention to come here. If he were keen he'd be public about it to pressure Melbourne and us also.

He's actually given no indication about us at all. None. Smells exactly like Mitchell to me, and I hope we walk away by the end of the week if nothing more solid eventuates by then.

He's a luxury signing. Hooker. Prop. Half. All much more important imo

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Baz said on MMM we are interested but complex situation so looks like we will make an offer .whatever happens from there so be it .Bonus to add strike power if we get. Wherever he plays if we land him it will not matter cos he has effort on effort and loves to run .
Be exciting if we did snare and then follow through with a hooker and hopefully Burton .I think B Smith should be a priority as he suits the old fashion bulldog prototype which is something we have missed .As for prop Napa was always good alongside an enforcer at roosters as a supporting act so hopefully he goes better with Hetherington in pack then we will be sweet .