JAC penalty

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uum ... the answer is in your question.

They didn't challenge because as you correctly pointed out, they are stupid c*nts
Nope it was answered earlier in the thread. They couldn’t challenge because no decision was made so hence there wasn’t a break in play.

If a penalty was awarded the roosters could have challenged. But they had already burnt their challenge. I reckon he knew that so he took the soft option and waved play on

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did JAC used to milk penalties when he was at the Melbourne Storm, I honestly can't remember.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe, but methinks the one last week was pretty cut and dried. The Roosters player hung out his arm and knocked JAC off balance. Plenty of comments about it immediately after and the only one who does not see it is the ref. Unfortunately once again we see an admission of error after the event...too little too late....Don't forget the line ball forward pass happened not long before that as well...
The worst part about it was that the ref was watching it right infront of him and just decided to leave it. Not like he didn’t see it! Bloody joke the nrl has become

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the problem with refs doing "homework". As soon as they expect a player to behave a certain way, they start seeing that behaviour even if it isn't the case. Refs should be encouraged to officiated based on what they see in front of them, and ignore the chatter.
Exactly should be 'Eyes Up Refereeing' or perhaps 'Eyes Open Refereeing' would be a more appropriate description.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Since when do we get any calls that benefits us?
That pass to Averillo says it all, that would’ve been game set match.
That pass was forward out of the hands

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The ref saw it happen. He was looking at the incident when it happened. He didn’t want to blow a match deciding penalty shot to the dogs. I know that if it was Tedesco being knocked over in the exact same situation he 100% gives a penalty. That is the problem.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Nope it was answered earlier in the thread. They couldn’t challenge because no decision was made so hence there wasn’t a break in play.

If a penalty was awarded the roosters could have challenged. But they had already burnt their challenge. I reckon he knew that so he took the soft option and waved play on
Thanks for clarification re no break in play.

On another challenge related point, there is also a contingency that I'm not 100% clear on where there is a challenge that's unsuccessful but the challenging team retains challenge. Something about video evidence not conclusive. Seems a bit "grey" to me.

One we could have challenged but didn't was where the ball came off Okunbor's shoulder or a Rorters player and Averillo grounded it for what should have been awarded a try. "Referee" said Bulldogs knock on. There was a break in play at that point.

Last edited:

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does your head in is ..

If we were leading in that same instance and shoved Tedesco like that … would it have still been ignored ? ..

I recall earlier this season Flanagan touched TTurbo on the back … turbo did the biggest gold Logie dive & Flanagan was set for 10 in the bin .. but we can cop a shove like that and it’s all move on, nothing to see here ..

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I don't need the NRL review/head office or anyone else to tell me what should be what. That's why i've stopped watching all the games and will only watch the Dogs out of loyalty. RIP footy.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same bro. But unfortunately that was forward. The refs just aren't consistent
I have to agree.
I was originally filthy about it as I was watching it on my phone. But when I watched the replay on my big tv, I'm pretty certain it left the hands forward and the floated even more forward.

But forward nonetheless.
Perham should have at least got it out backwards and I reckon it would have been let go.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
I have to agree.
I was originally filthy about it as I was watching it on my phone. But when I watched the replay on my big tv, I'm pretty certain it left the hands forward and the floated even more forward.

But forward nonetheless.
Perham should have at least got it out backwards and I reckon it would have been let go.
Totally agree. He had the opportunity. Very poor execution