J-Moz #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
While Joshey is playing great at number 1 number 3 is his preferred position and rightly so , our goal line defence today was ordinary and Souffs will cut us up if we dont improve - but in saying that hopefully will can improve and tighten up , go dogs

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He needs a whole off season the position though; where he can lose some weight and work on his ball skills, positioning and agility.

Don't know if he wants to be there long term... or if Hasler wants him long term either.
Agreed. Once he slims down and gets used to the position he will excel.

I'd rather someone his size over someone Barbas size.

NRiediger

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hopefully J-Moz starts to enjoy the position more and more. It's good that we have a fullback that on the kick return isn't afraid to run it back at the line. Barba seemed really hesitant this year running it back and the defence closed him down so easily most of the time because of it.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh Morris played his best game for me so far this season yesterday against the Raiders. More importantly he showed us fans that we are in safe hands should Barba seek a release, Which I think shows how professional and mature the bloke is. Thank JMoz for lifting my spirits in this hard time.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Short term I think he is the answer...long term not sure. Let's not forget the 8 week origin period next season ..even players like Slater come back and are absolutely fatigued at fullback.
The safe option would be to get someone else at fullback, move morris back at centre. You need to consider these options as well, in case there is an injury (knock on wood) in our backline.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something positive this week Jmoz was a machine against the raiders.

Looking forward to inglis vs jmoz..morris has showed he has been to only man to be effective against over the last couple of years. So Friday going to big I'm already dreaming morris to smash inglis on the goal line in the closing minute for the dogs to win 20 to 18

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just heard Josh on 4BC radio and he clearly said that he is filling the role of a fullback at the moment when asked if he wants to make no.1 his own.

Also he didnt give any indication if he wants to stay or leave after end of next year, he and his contract manager will look into it at the end of 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.