News Ivan Cleary backs Penrith Panthers 'culture' to turn Tevita Pangai Junior around

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
LOL...great culture......They reckon on field is good but what about off field. Yeah blokes who break COVID protocol and their marital vows...film their sexual escapades..use recreational drugs directly after a grand final, boozy nights out leading to DUI's , breaking club curfews

Sloth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I swear….if TPJ’s form stays consistent, there’s going to be articles of how the Panthers turned him around and saved his career…give me a break

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What would have been interesting is how TPJ would have gone last night against the Broncs, assuming he would have been fired up that game and the way it was played would have been right up his alley.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully Burton,TPJ and Naden are all healthy and ready to go after doing the Cleary pre preseason training camp

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What culture is that? Sex tapes his son dishonest and breakin covid, or his star hooker in origin camp....the sex culture god help us
Sounds exactly like the type of culture is personally signup for tho. Where do I sign?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Can't see it happen tbh
I can. I think it’s their time. Melbourne have kinda breezed through the year, but the cowboys showed if you go toe to tie with them and rough them up, they can be vulnerable..Penrith were the better team last year. They were beaten by Melbourne’s aura (and a few questionable decisions). It’s a mental battle for Penrith. If they can handle that and if they can field a full strength dude, they should have Melbourne’s measure.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone involved with a club, fans included, will always say their club will get the best out of "insert name here". Don't make me dig up all your comments when Napa and Flannagan first signed.

Regardless of what fluff they put around it, TPJ is a great signing for the Panthers at this time of the year. It puts them back on par with Melb as favs for the comp and at full strength, tips the balance in their favour imo.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can. I think it’s their time. Melbourne have kinda breezed through the year, but the cowboys showed if you go toe to tie with them and rough them up, they can be vulnerable..Penrith were the better team last year. They were beaten by Melbourne’s aura (and a few questionable decisions). It’s a mental battle for Penrith. If they can handle that and if they can field a full strength dude, they should have Melbourne’s measure.
Melbourne rested Munster, Kaufusi and Finucane.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Melbourne rested Munster, Kaufusi and Finucane.
I don't think it matters..... if a good team stands up to them, they will buckle.....they've had it a bit too easy this year. Penrith have delt with more adversity and are more battle hardened.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like penrith have a real sex pest problem

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Penrith are just going to use him as a middle forward battering ram. We want to develop him into a damaging edge forward

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think it matters..... if a good team stands up to them, they will buckle.....they've had it a bit too easy this year. Penrith have delt with more adversity and are more battle hardened.
But how do you stand up to them? They've got far too many strike players and don't just rely on one individual like Cleary.

Melbourne are coasting now but come finals time they are going to go up another gear.

Bellamy shits on Ivan so he probably has a plan for them on the day of the big dance.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
But how do you stand up to them? They've got far too many strike players and don't just rely on one individual like Cleary.

Melbourne are coasting now but come finals time they are going to go up another gear.

Bellamy shits on Ivan so he probably has a plan for them on the day of the big dance.
I don't think Penrith are a one man team, by any stretch......yes, Cleary is the best organiser in the game, but Luai creates plenty....Api is dangerous, they have great outside backs and a forward pack that can stick it to Melbourne. Just my opinion, but I think if they field a full strength team, the adversity they have faced this year with injuries, the amount of tough games they've played and being able to learn from their experience last year will get them over the line.

No doubt Bellamy is a vastly superior coach.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What culture is that? Sex tapes his son dishonest and breakin covid, or his star hooker in origin camp....the sex culture god help us
Yep, at the beginning of next season there will be a TPJ Dylan Napa style tape come out to take the wheels off our season yet again.