It's time for ALL BULLDOGS FANS say enough is enough?

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rookie dog I am in total agreement with you...
I have been a supporter since the seventies and a multiple member since the stand was built at Belmore.
My group got so big we had to be allocated to three different locations.
Now... a family member is a sponsor and have a box to all home games where I get invited to frequently but refuse to go.
For years I kept renewing the memberships solely as a support for MY TEAM occasionally attending games until the state of the game got the worst out of me. I stopped renewing three years ago.
Last year I got a call from the club asking...why not ?
The answer is another story !!!
Your not alone D. Out of 16,000 that attended yesterday let's say 10,000 were dogs supporters (to be generous) that's about half our memberships. Now that's saying something.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Your not alone D. Out of 16,000 that attended yesterday let's say 10,000 were dogs supporters (to be generous) that's about half our memberships. Now that's saying something.
I think in general diehard rugby league supporters have been taken for granted

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Do you truly expect that because we don't turn up that somehow, magically, salary cap space will appear? That 10 players will be influenced by us not turning up that they will leave and then 10 gun players will suddenly become available and come running to us begging to play? That because we don't turn up the Board will resign and from nowhere will come 5 saviours, riding in on their white horses?

Me, I'll be there supporting the players, the ones who bust their gut trying every day at training and every game to do their best.

Go Dogs
Turbo, were you at the game? Do you still think the same after they delivered that rubbish yesterday? Did you see the players bust their gut like you say? Serious question, do you think Pay AND the coaching staff should remain til the end of the year?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Far out everyone needs to take a chill pill. We will be fine, the board can get rid of Pay anytime, he’s on peanuts. When we start buying guns and a new coach comes on board and we start winning games everyone will jump on the bandwagon. We all knew it was going to take 3 years. We’re 18 months in, the light at the end of the tunnel is slowly popping it’s head up. One thing I’ve heard from a very very very good source is that the club is amazed at how bad pay is going, they thought he at least would of given us a few more wins and they cannot understand his player selections. They are very disappointed in him.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Far out everyone needs to take a chill pill. We will be fine, the board can get rid of Pay anytime, he’s on peanuts. When we start buying guns and a new coach comes on board and we start winning games everyone will jump on the bandwagon. We all knew it was going to take 3 years. We’re 18 months in, the light at the end of the tunnel is slowly popping it’s head up. One thing I’ve heard from a very very very good source is that the club is amazed at how bad pay is going, they thought he at least would of given us a few more wins and they cannot understand his player selections. They are very disappointed in him.
Hey bro, which tunnel are you looking through?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And still willing to let him pick the team and destroy good player's reputation and head space?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And still willing to let him pick the team and destroy good player's reputation and head space?
It doesn’t work like that. Board and management can’t tell him how to coach. It’s not their job. Plus I wouldn’t be worried about next year, he can get flicked anytime. And there is no g’tee georgalis will be better as a caretaker coach either. Just be patient, I’m hearing good things. Also Harper will be given a crack in FG soon.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It doesn’t work like that. Board and management can’t tell him how to coach. It’s not their job. Plus I wouldn’t be worried about next year, he can get flicked anytime. And there is no g’tee georgalis will be better as a caretaker coach either. Just be patient, I’m hearing good things. Also Harper will be given a crack in FG soon.
I see what you're saying but you just can't stuff around with these young guys like yesteryear.

What msg is dropping Ogden down off the bench saying to players?

If the Board aren't sayin anything to Pay that's dereliction of their responsibilities. How can Harper get a go then? Pay doesn't have the foresight to promote him or Renouf.

Can it possibly get any more frustrating being a Dogs fan at this time. I hope there's something of us left for when the Board do get hands on to fix it. Pay can't.

Hard waiting on the promise of sensible things happening next year.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, no light at the end of the tunnel and we’re doomed for the next 20 years. Does that make you happy now?
Champ, I'm just saying that if you can see light at the end of the tunnel we must be moving forward. I don't see what your seeing. Unfortunately we are not moving forward and until we start sacking the coaching staff for coaches that have knowledge of the modern game and can teach players the skills and a game plan that works then the tunnel is very dark my friend. It's all good mate we are all just pissed off at what's going on and it's not good enough

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bro the problem is that any of these players with an ounce have potential who may be able to do a job for us in the future are going to look shit and the club wont re-sign them.

Hence they could go to another club and make a career out of it.

That's why we need to get rid of pay asap. We cant see true potential because of his shit coaching and that potential isnt going to be developed because of his shit coaching

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry for my optimism, but I was talking to someone from the club for an hour this afternoon. Things will get better. Pay isn’t an issue, they can flick off him easily. They don’t want to flick him now because they just extended him for another year only 2 months ago, it will look stupid, just give them time they will do it. What’s happening is that Pay is really stressed and he’s stressing the players out, they are scared to play footy and throw the ball around. Board are very upset, they knew he was below par, but they never thought he’d be this bad, he’s actually gone down to a new level.

MR SS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sorry for my optimism, but I was talking to someone from the club for an hour this afternoon. Things will get better. Pay isn’t an issue, they can flick off him easily. They don’t want to flick him now because they just extended him for another year only 2 months ago, it will look stupid, just give them time they will do it. What’s happening is that Pay is really stressed and he’s stressing the players out, they are scared to play footy and throw the ball around. Board are very upset, they knew he was below par, but they never thought he’d be this bad, he’s actually gone down to a new level.
Who are they looking at coaching ? Can you give us something?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bro the problem is that any of these players with an ounce have potential who may be able to do a job for us in the future are going to look shit and the club wont re-sign them.

Hence they could go to another club and make a career out of it.

That's why we need to get rid of pay asap. We cant see true potential because of his shit coaching and that potential isnt going to be developed because of his shit coaching
The club know who’s good and who’s not. They know the coaching is covering up their talents.

How do you think DWZ got signed. The club presented a case to him, told him of the clubs plans and the power they will have next year to buy top quality players for 2021. He bought into the clubs plan and was very happy with the clubs strategy moving forward. When players and club sit down and talk, they don’t look at the current situation, they look at what the direction of the club is in 1,2,3 and 4 years time. Players aren’t stupid, it’s not just TK that know we have a war chest from 2021 onwards. Players, player managers and other clubs all know we’ll be a heavy hitter in the market negotiations next year. Watch this space!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The club know who’s good and who’s not. They know the coaching is covering up their talents.

How do you think DWZ got signed. The club presented a case to him, told him of the clubs plans and the power they will have next year to buy top quality players for 2021. He bought into the clubs plan and was very happy with the clubs strategy moving forward. When players and club sit down and talk, they don’t look at the current situation, they look at what the direction of the club is in 1,2,3 and 4 years time. Players aren’t stupid, it’s not just TK that know we have a war chest from 2021 onwards. Players, player managers and other clubs all know we’ll be a heavy hitter in the market negotiations next year. Watch this space!
I get that but impeding a players good development can lead to off the rails completely.

It's not just about identifying but making sure they're progressing

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who are they looking at coaching ? Can you give us something?
I didn’t ask that question and neither was I told about a coaching replacement name. Just know Pay is in hot water, his days are numbered. I would be very surprised if he’s our head coach next season.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I get that but impeding a players good development can lead to off the rails completely.

It's not just about identifying but making sure they're progressing
Yeh very true, but if they can land another player of DWZ calibre before the June 30 deadline things can change on the field with some fresh faces.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeh very true, but if they can land another player of DWZ calibre before the June 30 deadline things can change on the field with some fresh faces.
But surely if they see Dean stressing out the players and not picking the best players for the team that they've given him, why aren't they "assisting" him to provide a better outcome for everyone including the fans...this rubbish is doing everyone's head in and meanwhile the club's reputation goes further down the drain.

I'd prefer they step in asap but thanks for the info...gives us some heart that the club won't be "fully" ripped apart.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that is the mentality of the board then sack the fkn lot of them. What a disgraceful approach to have when things can't get any worse. So they would rather stick by Pay and continue the embarrassment than save the club? That'll do me.