Opinion It's in front of us and we cannot see it

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Everyone is entiltled to their opinion - have you watched much of Flanagan and Toia in NSW Cup? Toia is elusive and a bit of speed in space - yet to see Flanagan do much apart from take a few steps pass and point

Baily Howard has looked good in Flegg this year and last year - also have Rajab and the two halves in SGBall - Iverson Matai and Joseph Oneill - Matai was very good last year but relatively quiet in games this year in which Oneill has been the dominant half - Matai still has another year in SGBALL
Hi Diddly,

Yes I have watched Toia and Klye....

Kyle is no Andrew Johns and neither is he the worst halfback at the club....

I look at the team as an actual team....

For example, JMK's first 2 games this season have been the best since he has worn the #9 for our club....Regardless of what the haters say, he has been brilliant....JMK's success this year has been thanks to our much bigger, mobile and improved forward pack....This forward pack has set the platform for JMK and our halves.....

Burton has been brilliant with the boot, great bombs as well as massive clearing kicks....The Broncos and Cowboys were continually starting their sets inside there 20 and 30 due to Burton's boot....This is massive for our forwards as they are not continually on the back foot and running back to get inside the defensive line and onside....

Forward pack has helped JMK's game
Burton's boot has helped the forward pack

Everything has a knock on effect and after years of struggle, we are slowly improving

Inside the oppositions 20 we are still diabolical, dusgusting and shit in attack....nothing has changed their....

The halves need to touch the ball on every play inside the 20 and they dont....Burton cant do it all...

Jake's game is not suited for the #7 roll, he is not helping anyone and I put that down to Trent soley...

Flanagan is no Johns or Mortimer, but his natural game is best suited for Burton to progress as well as adding value to the team...Flanagan has a good short kicking game and his passing game on both sides of the ruck is ahead of the pack and he is a pretty good goalkicker....He needs to engage the line more, though there is improvement

Jake offers nothing at #7 while Flanagan does....

For the better of the team and club, Flanagan needs to be in the #7 jersey until his contract runs out, and hopefully Bailey will be ready by than...

There is haters everywhere and it is just pure hate...

Not one hater has stated what Averillo offers more than Flanagan and Wakeham at #7 as a WHOLE....You will get the supercoach flog Wanker Stevie Wonder dribble his expertise NRL coaching ("in his demented head"), call out fans as niff nuffs, never played, never coached, how can you hate on our players, yet the flog was balls deep into Lewis week in week out....Thats a pure hater and wanker of the highest order....

Anyways forget about that flog, and to all the haters out there, show me what Averillo has over Flanagan and Wakeham as a halfback, and how does he improve the players around him compared to these two

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
they list out to 24 now thou
23 technically, we don't list a #18. There are 6 players on the reserves list, at the very least 1 of those players will end up being the concussion protocol sub (has been Schoupp so far for us). So far teams have been pretty consistent, the players they list as reserves are the ones who've come into the team if a player listed in the team or on the bench on Tuesday isn't fit come game day. Being on that list is a pretty strong indicator that a player is considered to be on the fringes of the first grade team.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow another expert, and this one drives an XD wagon.
The next number 7 challenger looks like Wakeham but every time he steps up his flair fades.
Everyone pretend there is less pressure and its only NSW Cup.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Exactly. There's a constant depth chart in every coaches mind that's determined by a season plus of games and months of training. Baz has made it clear that Flanagan is near the bottom of the depth chart and it's not like Flanagan has done anything with us to show that he should be ranked any higher.
There's also tactics and playstyle to consider and as usual they're also ignoring that. Both our halves are running a lot, we're looking to offload and play off a quick shift from a quick play the ball, etc. These things favour a more athletic half imo.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hi Diddly,

For example, JMK's first 2 games this season have been the best since he has worn the #9 for our club....Regardless of what the haters say, he has been brilliant....JMK's success this year has been thanks to our much bigger, mobile and improved forward pack....This forward pack has set the platform for JMK and our halves.....

Burton has been brilliant with the boot, great bombs as well as massive clearing kicks....The Broncos and Cowboys were continually starting their sets inside there 20 and 30 due to Burton's boot....This is massive for our forwards as they are not continually on the back foot and running back to get inside the defensive line and onside....

Everything has a knock on effect and after years of struggle, we are slowly improving

Inside the oppositions 20 we are still diabolical, dusgusting and shit in attack....nothing has changed their....

The halves need to touch the ball on every play inside the 20 and they dont....Burton cant do it all...

Jake's game is not suited for the #7 roll, he is not helping anyone and I put that down to Trent soley...

Flanagan is no Johns or Mortimer, but his natural game is best suited for Burton to progress as well as adding value to the team...Flanagan has a good short kicking game and his passing game on both sides of the ruck is ahead of the pack and he is a pretty good goalkicker....He needs to engage the line more, though there is improvement

For the better of the team and club, Flanagan needs to be in the #7 jersey until his contract runs out, and hopefully Bailey will be ready by than...

Not one hater has stated what Averillo offers more than Flanagan and Wakeham at #7 as a WHOLE....You will get the supercoach flog Wanker Stevie Wonder dribble his expertise NRL coaching ("in his demented head"), call out fans as niff nuffs, never played, never coached, how can you hate on our players, yet the flog was balls deep into Lewis week in week out....Thats a pure hater and wanker of the highest order....

Anyways forget about that flog, and to all the haters out there, show me what Averillo has over Flanagan and Wakeham as a halfback, and how does he improve the players around him compared to these two
The only thing which Jake has over Flanagan and Wakeham is pace....

Jake would definitely offer more as a utility than halfback

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We can do only what we are limited to, I don't agree on Averillo at 7 but I wonder if there is a reason other than bad form for not giving Flanagan another chance, I am going to guess here, could he be the rat that leaked out info ?
But for the life of me why hasn't Wakeham been given a real chance at half ?
Early reports from the preseason indicted he was leading the race and on numerous occasions afterwards his name was highlighted, I know reserve grade is a different kettle of fish but reports about him are all very positive,
What are we waiting for ?
To claim we have fine youngsters coming through is great for our future but we need solutions now and simply need to use players in their proper positions, this is the only way to give us a true indication of how good a player is, it eliminates doubts helping build a better future !
We have been crying for a complete spine for the last decade and it's right infront of us and Trent Barrett!!!!

It's insane that Kyle Flanagan has been given the flick considering he is the most talented halfback at the club.....The kid has had all the confidence knocked out of him, thanks to Barrett's orthodox ways....

Anyways we have the best young 5/8 in the game in Matt Burton along with the best hooker in the game Reed Mahoney coming in 2023....

Currently out spine is more than serviceable with Dufty, Burton, JMK and what should be Flanagan at HB....

Trent is wasting his time with Averillo at 7, and is not building to the future with what he has in his disposal.....Trent actually has a straight flush at his disposal, while in a couple of years he will have the royal flush if he is aware of it....

This season it has to be Dufty, Burton, Flanagan and JMK.....

Next season we get Reed Mahoney who goes straight into #9 pushing JMK #14.... that leaves us with Dufty, Burton, Flanagan & Mahoney

We have a HB in Flegg by the name of Bailey Hayward who will eventually be the NSW and Australian HB in due course

Creedence Toia will also be our long term FB and come season 2024, at our disposal, we will have the Royal Flush with;
1. Toia
6. Burton (c)
7. Hayward
9. Mahoney

For now, Barrett needs to snap the fuck out of it, and play Flanagan at HB while Gus takes control with the development of Creedence Toia and Bailey Hayward

Last edited:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hi Diddly,

yes flanno is the worst half at the club

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry Cartel but you don't know like the rest of us what goes on behind the scenes. Rumour has it that Flanno's expertise is not why Barrett doesnt pick him. Its mainly due to his beligerent attitude and disrespect for Barrett's authority.
Hmmmm :fearscream:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We can do only what we are limited to, I don't agree on Averillo at 7 but I wonder if there is a reason other than bad form for not giving Flanagan another chance, I am going to guess here, could he be the rat that leaked out info ?
But for the life of me why hasn't Wakeham been given a real chance at half ?
Early reports from the preseason indicted he was leading the race and on numerous occasions afterwards his name was highlighted, I know reserve grade is a different kettle of fish but reports about him are all very positive,
What are we waiting for ?
To claim we have fine youngsters coming through is great for our future but we need solutions now and simply need to use players in their proper positions, this is the only way to give us a true indication of how good a player is, it eliminates doubts helping build a better future !
Wakeham was never leading the race and i told you that. The whispers about Wakeham came about the same time Jake was injured during preseason. It's like someone saw Wakeham having a consistent run at halfback and just decided he was leading the race lol. Wakeham obviously had a big preseason (contract year) and if he continues to perform in the lower grades and Jake doesn't live up to expectations then he will get his chance.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hi Diddly,

hilarious, surely is a stitch up, you cant be serious

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
There's also tactics and playstyle to consider and as usual they're also ignoring that. Both our halves are running a lot, we're looking to offload and play off a quick shift from a quick play the ball, etc. These things favour a more athletic half imo.
And Flanno doesn’t take the ball to the line. He passes way before so there is minimal chance of contact. Obviously his confidence is shot but bringing him in now goes against the style of play we are aiming for.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because some of our fans have ALWAYS had an obsession with constantly shuffling our team. The Flanagan thing is ridiculous though, Baz was literally sucking the ***** dick in the presser when we signed him and talked about him being Cleary like yet Flanagan STILL managed to piss Baz off within a couple of months.
That what happens when you don't take on feedback like work on fuckin running and stop doing shitting inside pass that telegraph.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That what happens when you don't take on feedback like work on fuckin running and stop doing shitting inside pass that telegraph.
he is still doing it in reserve grade also, on 5th tackle.

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Knowing Baz 2023 will look something like this
1. Dufty*
2. JAC
3. Naden
4. Alamoti
5. Okunbor
6. Burton
7. Averillo
8. TPJ
9. Mahoney
10. Sutton
11. Kikau
12. Hetherington*
13. Jackson

14. JMK
15. Thompson* (1 of Thompson or Vaughan will need to go imo)
16. King*
17. Waddell

My side would be completely different
What is your side?

sam snee

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wow another expert, and this one drives an XD wagon.
The next number 7 challenger looks like Wakeham but every time he steps up his flair fades.
Everyone pretend there is less pressure and its only NSW Cup.
Seriously bro we have so dumb fans with short memories,never want to see flano wearing blue and white in 1st grade and this thread is rubbish make a new thread and call it the E,S,L class so some of our dumb fans can fight amongst one another

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Seriously bro we have so dumb fans with short memories,never want to see flano wearing blue and white 1st grade and this thread is rubbish make a new thread and call it the E,S,L class so some of our dumb fans can fight amongst one another
great post mate, 100% agree