Opinion It's in front of us and we cannot see it

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let’s just fucking win game 3 and start a run .!!!

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Baz is a former NSW and Australian half, im pretty sure he's more qualified than anyone on here to judge whether Flanno is good enough.

Flanno seems like a very structured halfback without the ability to play whats in front of him. I've seen him countless times just stop dead in his tracks when a defender jams in to shut down a backline play.

He has zero creativity with his hands, average speed and an average kicking game. I honestly don't what people see in this guy.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Baz is a former NSW and Australian half, im pretty sure he's more qualified than anyone on here to judge whether Flanno is good enough.

Flanno seems like a very structured halfback without the ability to play whats in front of him. I've seen him countless times just stop dead in his tracks when a defender jams in to shut down a backline play.

He has zero creativity with his hands, average speed and an average kicking game. I honestly don't what people see in this guy.
I agree with most of that mate except the for the 1st paragraph. Barrett was frothing over Flange when signing him and even compared him to Cleary.

I’m excited about our 2 game competitive streak and can’t wait for Sundays game. But, I am still yet to see the so called attack coach whisperers influence..

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone got any highlights of this Hayward kid ... need to see where the hypes coming from.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have been crying for a complete spine for the last decade and it's right infront of us and Trent Barrett!!!!

It's insane that Kyle Flanagan has been given the flick considering he is the most talented halfback at the club.....The kid has had all the confidence knocked out of him, thanks to Barrett's orthodox ways....

Anyways we have the best young 5/8 in the game in Matt Burton along with the best hooker in the game Reed Mahoney coming in 2023....

Currently out spine is more than serviceable with Dufty, Burton, JMK and what should be Flanagan at HB....

Trent is wasting his time with Averillo at 7, and is not building to the future with what he has in his disposal.....Trent actually has a straight flush at his disposal, while in a couple of years he will have the royal flush if he is aware of it....

This season it has to be Dufty, Burton, Flanagan and JMK.....

Next season we get Reed Mahoney who goes straight into #9 pushing JMK #14.... that leaves us with Dufty, Burton, Flanagan & Mahoney

We have a HB in Flegg by the name of Bailey Hayward who will eventually be the NSW and Australian HB in due course

Creedence Toia will also be our long term FB and come season 2024, at our disposal, we will have the Royal Flush with;
1. Toia
6. Burton (c)
7. Hayward
9. Mahoney

For now, Barrett needs to snap the fuck out of it, and play Flanagan at HB while Gus takes control with the development of Creedence Toia and Bailey Hayward
I agree with almost all you say.
The only sticking point is Flanagun. The guy needs to prove himself in reggies for 6 months before we start jerking over a half decent game last week.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Flanno isn't a solution for the dogs period, he's had more chances than most to show what he's got but most importantly to show that he's put in effort to improve.

He's a dud, the sooner everyone accepts the better.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Flanno is a boring HB but he sure is a class above Averillo

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Judging and coaching are two different things

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Flanno isn't a solution for the dogs period, he's had more chances than most to show what he's got but most importantly to show that he's put in effort to improve.

He's a dud, the sooner everyone accepts the better.
Flanagan over Averillo every day of the week

You want a better solution, go and find a better halfback out on the market and bring him over

Moon Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'm NOT a Flanno fan but I don't think anyone can say that Flanno has been given the same opportunities as Lewis, Avo, JMK and although not a half, Oka. He's getting paid heaps and didn't even get a fair go in the trial matches. All I'm saying is that no-one know's for sure unless he has been given the same opportunities as the previously mentioned guy's with this years team. If he fails again, fair enough. BUT not not even try is just limiting your options and amateur hour. He just may be the yin to Burto's yang. Either way we need something for 2023 so exhaust all options rather then just not even try. Fukin crazy!
Maybe flano hasn't been given the same opportunity, but flano only plays for flano... thats why he's not getting picked at the moment.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I've got this info from different reliable sources, twice confirmed in interviews by TBaz latest one just recently.
My advice to you is to have a quick good look at them !
What's concerning, could TBaz possibly be stubborn about his ways even if he was wrong ???
And i had a reliable source that said Jake was the preferred half and that Wakeham was pushing hard. At the end of the day there's once again been a massive overreaction on here because too many seem to have unrealistic expectations. Jake might not have been great but he's hardly been as bad as some of you guys are making out. There's been some good moments, some promising signs of combinations building and we've managed to create 9 line breaks in only 2 games. 2022 is going to be another bumpy ride and that's okay because imo this season is all about building towards 2023 where we should be genuine contenders and cement ourselves within the top 8.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And i had a reliable source that said Jake was the preferred half and that Wakeham was pushing hard. At the end of the day there's once again been a massive overreaction on here because too many seem to have unrealistic expectations. Jake might not have been great but he's hardly been as bad as some of you guys are making out. There's been some good moments, some promising signs of combinations building and we've managed to create 9 line breaks in only 2 games. 2022 is going to be another bumpy ride and that's okay because imo this season is all about building towards 2023 where we should be genuine contenders and cement ourselves within the top 8.
I never criticised Averillo, as a matter of fact I believe he is a great young football player who needs to be guided into the right position, frankly It's not important what has been said, what is important is realizing that Averillo isn't the long term answer at 7.
After all we are building for the future aren't we ?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I never criticised Averillo, as a matter of fact I believe he is a great young football player who needs to be guided into the right position, frankly It's not important what has been said, what is important is realizing that Averillo isn't the long term answer at 7.
After all we are building for the future aren't we ?
And Wakeham is? Flanagan? Jake might be or he might not, facts are that we don't have a ready made solution to our problems so they've invested in the player that fits best into what we're doing right now with the most potential upside.