Opinion It's in front of us and we cannot see it

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
WTF is going on here ................

Yes, both our halves need to run. I don't know why people struggle with this? People need to get their mindset way from organising half and running half because it's irrelevant for us.
There's also a thing called training that some of our fans forget exists. We as fans might only see them on matchday but Baz and his staff see them almost daily. These decisions aren't made out of thin air and what happens at training plays a major part...you don't give players a turn in the NRL just because lol.
And Wakeham is? Flanagan? Jake might be or he might not, facts are that we don't have a ready made solution to our problems so they've invested in the player that fits best into what we're doing right now with the most potential upside.
Burton is the primary kicker with arguably the biggest boot in the game, why WOULD you have anyone kicking other than him? You're literally crying because our best kicker was kicking the ball lol.
There was a time, not that long ago, when no matter how hard I tried I could hardly ever agree with Marley. But FMD recently I can't help but agree with a lot of what he posts. Maybe my thoughts a few days ago were right, someone has hacked his log in.

Always a Bulldog

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone remember what Flanagan did the first time he got dropped? He went and had a sook to the media and claimed he didn't even know why he was dropped.

He literally kicked on the 2nd or 3rd tackle to a winger that was marked and the ball went out on the full. Why anyone would ever want this dud in FG is beyond me.

He hasn't got the attitude nor the talent to be selected, he's literally the first player i've seen for the 'Dogs that cried to the media and tried to use his fathers clout to get back into the side instead of seeing where he went wrong

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone remember what Flanagan did the first time he got dropped? He went and had a sook to the media and claimed he didn't even know why he was dropped.

He literally kicked on the 2nd or 3rd tackle to a winger that was marked and the ball went out on the full. Why anyone would ever want this dud in FG is beyond me.

He hasn't got the attitude nor the talent to be selected, he's literally the first player i've seen for the 'Dogs that cried to the media and tried to use his fathers clout to get back into the side instead of seeing where he went wrong
I think it was actually first tackle.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Barrett's best decision since he started with us was to put the red line through Kyle Flannagan and has stuck with that decision ever since.

Until the guy dazzles us in the lower grades and has a much improved attitude he should never walk into the side

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Barrett's best decision since he started with us was to put the red line through Kyle Flannagan and has stuck with that decision ever since.

Until the guy dazzles us in the lower grades and has a much improved attitude he should never walk into the side
he had first chance last year, was terrible and showed nothing, was dropped. Was then given other chances and didnt take them, so was dropped once again.
i watched the reserve grade on the weekend, didnt take the line on once again. He has no running game so he is no danger in attack. If we played Flannigan at 7 every team would simply double up on Burton as Flannigan is no danger. What Averillo brings is a running game and therefor we have options both sides of the ruck.
Yes he has to improve and so does Burton, but i think it will work long term, especially when we have a dominant 9 in Mahoney next year.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kinda wish he hadn’t been part of that COVID breach last year and maybe he would have stayed in the team and cemented a spot in the halves
Yeah me too, he was by no means great last year but I did think he was the best halfback at the club all be it that doesn’t say that much

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FMD, People want to bring Flange's toxic attitude into a side that's showed more improvement in two games than the last 10 year's and is finally starting to gel ???? That will do me.
I’m no great fan of Flanagan, but has it actually been proven anywhere that he has attitude problems / problems with the coach? Or was it some made up rumour that everyone just chose to believe just because he cried on tv?

I just find it hard to believe that Gus would tolerate any toxic people at the club

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m no great fan of Flanagan, but has it actually been proven anywhere that he has attitude problems / problems with the coach? Or was it some made up rumour that everyone just chose to believe just because he cried on tv?

I just find it hard to believe that Gus would tolerate any toxic people at the club
You obviously have no idea about body language. Or reading the room. Flabagun chucks a wobbly blames everyone else. Promises new kicks which we are still waiting to see. And you sit there askinf about his attitude?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

His poor attitude has been well documented at both the roosters and the dogs,as for Gus, Flange’s contract is just one of the many that he has to sort out, give it time. Seriously mate do you think the dogs would be paying him NRL money to play reserve grade if he didn’t have an attitude problem?

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You obviously have no idea about body language. Or reading the room. Flabagun chucks a wobbly blames everyone else. Promises new kicks which we are still waiting to see. And you sit there askinf about his attitude?
It’s no different to Averillo saying he will prove everyone wrong or JMK saying he will be top 5. Just because someone promises to be better does that automatically mean they have an attitude problem?

Which room did you read exactly ?

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His poor attitude has been well documented at both the roosters and the dogs,as for Gus, Flange’s contract is just one of the many that he has to sort out, give it time. Seriously mate do you think the dogs would be paying him NRL money to play reserve grade if he didn’t have an attitude problem?
I don’t recall his poor attitude at roosters. I just recall the time he suddenly got dropped. Not everyone that gets paid NRL money and plays reserve grade has an attitude problem. Tariq Sims? Josh Mansour? Etc

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s no different to Averillo saying he will prove everyone wrong or JMK saying he will be top 5. Just because someone promises to be better does that automatically mean they have an attitude problem?

Which room did you read exactly ?
No serious are you daddy flange or one of his uncles?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t recall his poor attitude at roosters. I just recall the time he suddenly got dropped. Not everyone that gets paid NRL money and plays reserve grade has an attitude problem. Tariq Sims? Josh Mansour? Etc
The players you mention had form slumps and fought their way back into first grade. Case closed