It's gotta be tedesco

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Abbey is so far off it isn't even funny. No way would i be waiting on him to come good.
Positional play is the worst I've ever seen.. like is this bloke a fullback? Or a winger turned fullback?

The other thing that annoys me, is the attitude in defense. I like to see blokes chasing and never giving up, but he seems to just stop. I think this is reflective of maybe his background at the Warriors. We need to fucking clean that out.

I like him enough to give him more game time... but he needs to work on those 2 things religiously.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is there anyway the dogs can grab Teddy without losing Graham and Reynolds?

Can they do this? Tedesco accepts 450k for 2018 and 1.5 mil for 2019? Then a mil for 2020/21

Your basically telling the kid the best chance of you winning a GF is with this current roster and u in it.

Reactions: DT

NickT

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
GI isn't an x factor anymore, unless his x factor is "having no knee cartilage".

Barba, Johnson, Ponga I'd rate as x factors... maybe even peachey.

Players that can break a game wide open.

For us it would be Reynolds with a good #7.

I wonder if we even need Tedesco. For me Abbey is the answer but is rough around the edges. He just needs time to hone his craft.

Tedesco has had as many injuries as BMoz, and only played one full season.
I agree on Abbey.
I think he'll come good given time.
Tedesco is a risk in my view. Too much coin to get him here for what? What has he done? What does he bring that is worth so much?

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree on Abbey.
I think he'll come good given time.
Tedesco is a risk in my view. Too much coin to get him here for what? What has he done? What does he bring that is worth so much?
Teddy is no doubt spectacular, and a great fullback... I'd def take a right price... But that's not a million...
I too have concerns re his injury history, but not major; 'still growing in to his body'...
I think one thing people don't take into account sometimes is how a particular style of bloke will 'fit in' withe team and club at large...
Eg hayne IMO has done no favours for the titans footy or culture...
Teddy and his manager have laid their cards bare in/for the media more than once now as mercenaries chasing the big bucks (which they're entitled to do, I just think there may have been a better way about it)...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Abbey is so far off it isn't even funny. No way would i be waiting on him to come good.
So Abbey is the new Reynolds?

FACT: Abbey is the second youngest fullback playing in the NRL at the moment (yes even Tommy Turbo is old by a few months).

Kayln Ponga is younger, but not played as many games, and evne he hasn't been brilliant at fullback.

Abbey is a work in progress, he wasn't even meant to debut this season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

FACT: Abbey is the second youngest fullback playing in the NRL at the moment (yes even Tommy Turbo is old by a few months).

Kayln Ponga is younger, but not played as many games, and evne he hasn't been brilliant at fullback.

No. I was happy for Abbey to get a crack and was calling for him to get it. But after seeing him in first grade he is a loooooong way off being a first grade fb. I don't care how old he is, he doesn't look anywhere near good enough atm or in the near future.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bmoz's defense shits all over Tedesco's....both in positioning as well as tackle technique.

Teddy is a beast on offense...but there is more than 1 side of the ball.

For someone wants over $1 mill a season who better hope he is fantastic on BOTH sides of the ball....aka Billy Slater.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If bmoz body could handle it, There's no way in hell I'd want tedesco over him.

I get it bmoz can't pass but all the other things he brings to the team, both defence and attack, the guy would surely be up there for top fullback in the comp on pure ability
Careful. I said that a couple of days ago and the monkeys fell out of the trees having a go at me......

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

The problem for me with Abbey is not that he is young it's that he looks slow. he just doesn't attack the line with any speed at all. Look at the difference with BMoz using his speed even with busted knees he is 5 yards quicker than Abbey. How is he going to learn to run faster? He is just a plodder I think. He might be able to fill in but as a FB I just can't see him being a permanent NRL player.

Mike_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Some random dogs supporter told me in the car park before the game he was talking to Benny Elias at the Balmain leagues club or something and apparently according to Benny - Tedesco is a done deal for the dogs but not Woods... for what that's worth...

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As each day passes, the odds of Tedesco staying at the Tigers shortens.
I said last week that Isaac Moses has played us all for fools. I don't believe he'll end up at Canterbury & unlikely at the cashed up Roosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.