It is what it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

camdendoggies

Waterboy
Reaction score
I love the dogs and will till the day I die!
However I don't understand what's happened and continues to happen!
The dogs are better then the Shiite we dished up tonight!
As a die hard blue and white I don't know where to look or what to say!
My daughter 9 in November asked me what happened? And I had no answer!
I have complete faith in the doggies, there past present and there massive future, but as a die hard as all of you kennellers are I'm completely lost for answers and more importantly understanding!!
From past experience forgive me if there is a "thread" already for this or if I have made a spelling error or two but I'm almost through my carton of beer!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Well it's difficult to win most games of footy when your forwards are pounded to a pulp. I thought we struggled to match Souths. Their speed, quick ptbs and wrestle in the ruck was sublime. Graham got sucked into the forward battle and we were playing 1 out for most of the match, easy meat for Souths defensive line.

Then came our halves. We looked rudderless and clueless on the fifth tackle. Hell Graham, Pritchard and Eastwood put kicks in, which means our halves went missing Anasta style in big games.

All in all it was a solid effort to reach the grand final. A disappointing end but let's not forget we were not good for most of the season.

camdendoggies

Waterboy
Reaction score
Well it's difficult to win most games of footy when your forwards are pounded to a pulp. I thought we struggled to match Souths. Their speed, quick ptbs and wrestle in the ruck was sublime. Graham got sucked into the forward battle and we were playing 1 out for most of the match, easy meat for Souths defensive line.

Then came our halves. We looked rudderless and clueless on the fifth tackle. Hell Graham, Pritchard and Eastwood put kicks in, which means our halves went missing Anasta style in big games.

All in all it was a solid effort to reach the grand final. A disappointing end but let's not forget we were not good for most of the season.
I totally agree with your assertion and we were massively out played I really like hokko and grub but they were not in the hunt last night !

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No ennis
Hodkinson on one knee
Reynold bung shoulder.
Our heaviest player out for the season. Kasiano.

Crueled our chances.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
No ennis
Hodkinson on one knee
Reynold bung shoulder.

Crueled our chances.
Absolutely. We exceeded everyone's expectations, we had players playing on one leg, our captain did a fitness test on a broken foot for gods sake and reynolds did his shoulder early.
I can't believe people are questioning our spirit and heart

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
All of the above. Souths were the form team all year and when Ennis was injured it was all over for us.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No ennis
Hodkinson on one knee
Reynold bung shoulder.

Crueled our chances.
They just sound like excuses, however yes they are factural perhaps but still we got out played!

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
I had faith & really thought we could do it even without Ennis.

Dropped the ball in attacking positions every time in the first half, A lot more tackling, Poor kicking game.

TONGA12

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Mate it was Rynolds high bombs , he gave the ball plenty of hang time , this hang time allowed his forwards to be in our face every time we got the ball in the first 40 .
Our coach stuffed up not starting with pritchard and brown in first half .

TONGA12

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Absolutely. We exceeded everyone's expectations, we had players playing on one leg, our captain did a fitness test on a broken foot for gods sake and reynolds did his shoulder early.
I can't believe people are questioning our spirit and heart
Kasiano would have made a massive diff in the first 20

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Kasiano would have made a massive diff in the first 20
Let's be honest Kasiano is our second best forward. I just want him to play some decent minutes.

TONGA12

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They just sound like excuses, however yes they are factural perhaps but still we got out played!
Mate when you lose your hooker for the first time in 4 years , you can't fill tbat void in one week . If we finished in top 4 we would have won the comp imo.
The Boyz carring injuries would hVe got week two off

TONGA12

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hopefully missing out on the gf will have him primed for a massive 2015. He will not Y any test footy in offseason so should be at peak fitness round 1

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
I love the dogs and will till the day I die!
However I don't understand what's happened and continues to happen!
The dogs are better then the Shiite we dished up tonight!
As a die hard blue and white I don't know where to look or what to say!
My daughter 9 in November asked me what happened? And I had no answer!
I have complete faith in the doggies, there past present and there massive future, but as a die hard as all of you kennellers are I'm completely lost for answers and more importantly understanding!!
From past experience forgive me if there is a "thread" already for this or if I have made a spelling error or two but I'm almost through my carton of beer!
As a DieHard Doggies Man, I can tell you that right now, that is what is happening. 48 hours after losing another Grand Final, let me say this in reply to your post.
I feel your pain.
I too don't understand. I felt all week that losing a Grand Final one year would not allow you to lose another shortly after.
The Dogs can play some entertaining footy, but their form this year was poor, even though we had a run of seven wins early on in the season.
I can't bear to look at news feeds, in fact, I totally avoid the tele at the moment. I just can't bear to look.
For all of this, I have to say that my total support for this Club is unwavering. I am totally committed, as I have been since the day of my birth.
I love my Beloved Bulldogs. In fact, recently I had written into my Will that I MUST be buried in my Doggies Gear. Dead preferably.

We have made it a habit of losing G.F.'s. Since my days watching this Club, we lost in 1974 (Roosters). 1979 (Dragons). 1986 (Parra). 1994 (Raiders). 1998 (Broncos). 2012 (Storm) and now the one I can't mention.

Now, I did take note of the after siren camera's. Not one Doggies shot. All was with Souths, and Burgess. The pre game Souths extravaganza... We were never destined to win this one.

But in the end, I believe that you have to be the master of your own destiny (pardon the Star Wars angle). We needed to take control of that game when T-Rex scored. We didn't, we lost, and now my nights are filled with bad dreams.

But, I will endure, I will celebrate till dawn the next time my team, my Beloved Bulldogs win the Comp, under Hasler. That day, I shall Rejoice in the Blue and White, and live life to the full, or until my wife tells me to go to bed.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh well, we do it all again next year and we won't have to put up with all the Rabbits deserve it bullshit propaganda hoo ha.
If Hasler doesn't get these boys slinging the ball around like its a magnet then he can go and Manly's success will go down to great rosters.

Malla

Reaction score
I think we should be looking at how brilliant we did to be in the GF and that's testament to the great club that is Canterbury. People wrote us off completely after round 26. Look at what we achieved through simply executing a game plan that worked. We came against a more enthusiastic team that at the end of the day had a better team on paper that played at their optimum level which we were never going to match.

Origin really f-cked us this year. I truly believe if our halves didn't play Origin we probably would have finished the year in the top 2 and probably had an easier run to the GF, giving us more of an opportunity to win.

camdendoggies

Waterboy
Reaction score
As a DieHard Doggies Man, I can tell you that right now, that is what is happening. 48 hours after losing another Grand Final, let me say this in reply to your post.
I feel your pain.
I too don't understand. I felt all week that losing a Grand Final one year would not allow you to lose another shortly after.
The Dogs can play some entertaining footy, but their form this year was poor, even though we had a run of seven wins early on in the season.
I can't bear to look at news feeds, in fact, I totally avoid the tele at the moment. I just can't bear to look.
For all of this, I have to say that my total support for this Club is unwavering. I am totally committed, as I have been since the day of my birth.
I love my Beloved Bulldogs. In fact, recently I had written into my Will that I MUST be buried in my Doggies Gear. Dead preferably.

We have made it a habit of losing G.F.'s. Since my days watching this Club, we lost in 1974 (Roosters). 1979 (Dragons). 1986 (Parra). 1994 (Raiders). 1998 (Broncos). 2012 (Storm) and now the one I can't mention.

Now, I did take note of the after siren camera's. Not one Doggies shot. All was with Souths, and Burgess. The pre game Souths extravaganza... We were never destined to win this one.

But in the end, I believe that you have to be the master of your own destiny (pardon the Star Wars angle). We needed to take control of that game when T-Rex scored. We didn't, we lost, and now my nights are filled with bad dreams.

But, I will endure, I will celebrate till dawn the next time my team, my Beloved Bulldogs win the Comp, under Hasler. That day, I shall Rejoice in the Blue and White, and live life to the full, or until my wife tells me to go to bed.
I hole heartedly agree my support for the blue and white will never waver and when eventually the day comes I will celebrate as long as my wife allows!

I wonder however how long the search for answers to our stagnant attack will persist without the sniff of resolution?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Dont underestimate the difference them playing one less match to reach the GF made. How much difference their path to the GF made.

We had 3 tough games. We had to overcome Storm in Melbourne, then Manly after Souths had embarrassed them, and beat Penrith who had played one less match than us to make the semi, and Penrith who had beaten us twice during the year and had the wood on us in recent years.

They had a cakewalk vs Manly who didnt show up to play, and roosters were soft after 10 minutes.

I think the main thing that we need to make different to take it that one step further next year is make the top 4.

Last edited by a moderator:

Malla

Reaction score
Dont underestimate the difference them playing one less match to reach the GF made. How much difference their path to the GF made.

We had 3 tough games. We had to overcome Storm in Melbourne, Manly after Souths had embarrassed them, and Penrith who had played one less match than us to make the semi, and Penrith had beaten us twice during the year and had to wood on us in recent years.

They had a cakewalk vs Manly who didnt show up to play, and roosters were soft after 10 minutes.

I think the main thing that we need to make different to take it that one step further next year is make the top 4.
I believe we would have been well into the top 4 had origin not fked us the way it did.

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
Oh well, we do it all again next year and we won't have to put up with all the Rabbits deserve it bullshit propaganda hoo ha.
If Hasler doesn't get these boys slinging the ball around like its a magnet then he can go and Manly's success will go down to great rosters.
yeah, but then we will probably come up against the Sharks - a team that has never won the comp. Imagine the propaganda hoo ha then.

Status
Not open for further replies.