Issac lumelume

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I like Burns on the wing and Naden at centre although Naden is a decent winger, i just am not yet sold on Alamoti. He may have carved up in lower grades, but how will he go with men running at him instead of boys? he also hasn't played a lot of footy in the last 2 years (neither has Burns but he has first grade experience already in a good team in Souths)

2. Burns
3. Naden
4. Schoupp
5. Fox
Burns is a slug

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All backups and no First Graders?

So Burton, Fox, Mahoney, TPJ, Kikau, Vaughan, Dufty, Naden etc aren't First Graders and are backups? Man.. What a bunch of shit signings we made..

This kid probably won't even get a top 30 spot.
As if I was knocking our premium signings, i was as you know talking about this depth/whatever winger signing and him potentially not that far down the line for fg when shit goes south during the season(if the sell Cotric crew get their wish).

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What’s with all the smart ass comments regarding his eye??
From all you specimen, oil painting fuckwits..
When is it acceptable to highlight or be-little someone over their disability?
There are some absolute cockheads on here that praise the lord they only need to type and not face to face with someone, because if someone was to see their heads that look like a smashed fucking crab..they might never live that down..
Morons

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anybody know if Lume² going to be a train and trial or will he be on a development contract?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As if I was knocking our premium signings, i was as you know talking about this depth/whatever winger signing and him potentially not that far down the line for fg when shit goes south during the season(if the sell Cotric crew get their wish).
They're called depth signings for a reason.. If you look at the top 4 teams and in their top 30 they have several no names in it to help balance out the salary cap because the have so many high priced stars. That's what Gus is doing with us. That's how you manage the cap.

Keeping someone like Cotric on his wage isn't good salary cap management. You can't have a winger earning more than your future Origin half and a top 5 hooker when you also have Addo-Carr. If you do, then we risk not re-signing Burton soon and other promising juniors. How does that not make sense?

Wouldn't you agree that out of all of the positions on the field that winger is the least valuable? Cotric is solid but he's not a gamebreaker or superstar like Addo-Carr. So he's not worth the money he's on..

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They're called depth signings for a reason.. If you look at the top 4 teams and in their top 30 they have several no names in it to help balance out the salary cap because the have so many high priced stars. That's what Gus is doing with us. That's how you manage the cap.

Keeping someone like Cotric on his wage isn't good salary cap management. You can't have a winger earning more than your future Origin half and a top 5 hooker when you also have Addo-Carr. If you do, then we risk not re-signing Burton soon and other promising juniors. How does that not make sense?

Wouldn't you agree that out of all of the positions on the field that winger is the least valuable? Cotric is solid but he's not a gamebreaker or superstar like Addo-Carr. So he's not worth the money he's on..
images.jpeg-35.jpg

Sue

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Smart move by Gus

Cotric is excess to our needs, especially onthat big fat salary he is on.

I do not care which or who previous management signed him on overs, the problem is that he is on massive overs and we need to balance our cap and invest in our spine

I can see the club moving Averillo into the centres along with Schoupp. JAC and Naden the wingers.....plenty of depth in the backline to cover injuries and suspensions.....

Still a bit more balancing to do....

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good move for him. Definitely got one eye on his future.
If he had an eye on the future he should have joined Parra and truely become a 1eyedeel legend. :grinning:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Seems pretty simple to me but ... for some reason others don't get it?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Seems pretty simple to me but ... for some reason others don't get it?
Managing a 30 player roster is far from simple, sure the 4 or 5 superstars (strike players) are easy to understand and the 4 or 5 players at the bottom end of the scale are also easy to comprehend. But the other 20 or so players in between are much harder to get right. You have journeymen who add experience, developing players on their way up, quality players on their way down, role players, etc etc. Overlay that with vastly different contract values and then add the complexity of differing contract terms.

The fact that very few teams get it right, very few teams get it right all that often and a lot of teams get it wrong most of the time is the evidence of how hard it really is.

Always a Bulldog

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I view Issac as an Alimoti depth replacement. Alimoti is sure to debut this '22 season and I am sure he will become a regular in first grade.