Is this the real reason why our season has imploded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I fouund this in daily telecraps sports confidential......

Still at Belmore and there have been all sorts of theories about the team’s form slump.

Yes, a selected number of senior players are mystified that skipper Mick Ennis was not re-signed. But according to Bulldogs insiders, the most pressing issue lies with NSW Origin halves Josh Reynolds and Trent Hodkinson. Coaches are worried about how the pair has responded to winning the series.

There’s understandable mental and physical fatigue, but also a conviction that Reynolds and Hodkinson might still have their heads in the clouds.

Hasler held a private meeting with both players this week, and raised his disappointment over them high filing the crowd prior to kick-off in last Friday’s loss to Penrith.

Those words came on the back of the tremendous spray Hasler dished out to the entire team after fulltime, which insiders described as his most vitriolic since joining the club.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
High filing? Assassin whats high filing?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If true ,i like that hasler has directly addressed their poor form

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The mistake they made is that they hive fived Penrith fans and after that they just couldn't get rid of the stink.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
For me about time Hasler has given it to the team. There was many times last year I demanded it but never happened! About time he has shown some emotions.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
hasler should give all the players a nathan brown bitch slap.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
High fiving Penrith fans? Was it as they went into the tunnel? Don't see how that's an issue if it was something like that.

Last week was the first game Hodko and Reynold's have been together since Origin. I think it's a bit unfair to blame that poor performance on being on an Origin high. It's been over a month of footy without them, and distractions the whole way since round 10. Maybe over the next 3-4 weeks will you be able to criticise them for certain.

I do hope the part about Des spraying the team is true though. They need a massive rocket up their ass coming into tonight.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Or they were caught doing some filing while stoned.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Lets see if they listened to Des, they better fire tonight.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Reynolds has only been back for one game, so this report seems like a bit of a stretch really

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully this wakes is up!!! Camon des break more doors lol

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The media has blown too much smoke up their ass in then past but now it has stopped. Its time to forget all that crap, knuckle down & get back to work.

I believe the boys will do exactly that!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reynolds has only been back for one game, so this report seems like a bit of a stretch really
Yep not match fit, should be this week, there a number of factors contributing to lack of urgency and clinical finesse but with our best line up named since SOO and politics being thrashed out we should have no reason to be playing half hearted and should start to dominate.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep not match fit, should be this week, there a number of factors contributing to lack of urgency and clinical finesse but with our best line up named since SOO and politics being thrashed out we should have no reason to be playing half hearted and should start to dominate.
He might not be match fit but he should be much fitter than before he got suspended. There was talk of some niggling injuries he was carrying.

Time for George Roumanous to fire!

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Ben Hunt has copped it in the paper up here this week , he will have to be watched , as long as we hold the ball and hold our edge defence we will be right . Wish I could have met the boys last night to get a feel on where their heads are at . Dogs of war tonight

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well our form slump coincided the return of hodko?

Status
Not open for further replies.