Is the old T-rex Coming back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
12. TONY WILLIAMS (Bulldogs - SuperCoach points: 51)

"One of the most scrutinised players in the competition, T-Rex has been down on form for most of the last 18 months but his game against the Storm was a timely reminder of why Des Hasler was so keen to bring him over from Manly. More willing to steam onto the ball than he often is, Williams was hard work for the Storm defence all game and finished with 122 metres from his 14 runs as well as three tackle busts and an offload. He was also good in defence, making 20 tackles."

Good performance, he seems to play alot better when our team wins games .. I really feel like if the dogs themselves find consistancy and string a good amount of solid wins together he will find massive confidence and get back to his best..

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is definitely heading in the right direction!

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Played very well against the Storm - particularly in defence.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Definitely playing better than last year. The main difference you can notice is that he's now quite tough on himself when he stuffs up... it shows he actually cares.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He has improved quite a bit and playing alright.Not at his peak yet but has defiently stepped up from last year.

Kayser

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He has improved quite a bit and playing alright.Not at his peak yet but has defiently stepped up from last year.
Obviously nowhere near his best but definitely improving. Hopefully with improvement comes confidence and with confidence comes destruction.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He plays much better alongside hodko. Is hodko directing him better than reynolds? Or is it just that he plays better on the left edge? Either way he is improving and hopefully we can start to use him correctly and get him one on one with edge defenders.

doggi3s

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Playing better but still not convincing. It doesn't take a year to get a little better when klemmer made an impact straight away, doesn't justify his price tag

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree getting there, and the best games I've seen him play for the dogs is on the left! Coincidence maybe I don't know!! We will see this weekend as I'm guessing he will take pritchards left side!!! Has somebody got his stats this yr against other 2nd rowers from other teams? Could be worth a look and maybe are to harsh maybe we're not!!!!

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
I think the situation is that reynolds is a leader, but a leader through his actions on the field.

Reynolds revvs the boys up when he talks more so then barks out orders. I think hodko is more about ordering and positioning

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My main gripe is him dropping the ball and playing the ball to slowly, other than that he is showing much better signs lately.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe, but not well enough to earn $650k, so he should sit on the bench.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Definitely playing better than last year. The main difference you can notice is that he's now quite tough on himself when he stuffs up... it shows he actually cares.
That is what I noticed aswell and most happy with.

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
T-rex needs to get an offload in his game drawing in 3 players then offload huge gaps...

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
well franks out this week so t rex can play on the left all game, he should back up from last week

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im confident something even as small as T-Rex steam rolling an opposition player over can do wonders for his confidence in the long term - T-Rex in the past (Manly days) has really stepped up in games when the whole team was firing and and now with our impressive victory over Melbourne there seems to be less pressure on him to perform as others in the team are also contributing thus making him more dangerous.
A winning team will always make it easier for guys that are trying to find form to get that form off the back of in form players - 7 different try scorers last week against a team that was near full strength and don't mention this big 3 garbage because they had Hinchcliffe who I rate better as some hookers from other teams. Attack seemed to flow naturally and glimpses of years gone past as we ripped up the middle with a great interchanging of passes and front rowers supporting breaks - Signs are looking good for us!!
I'm expecting a great year from T-Rex and as a devout passionate fan of the club and it's players I think it's time we start celebrating this man's achievements rather than whine about his price tag and how he plays.

I don't think the T-Rex of old is what we want we want a new and improved T-Rex of now!!

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
He was definitely worrying the Storm, took 4 player each time to stop him.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im confident something even as small as T-Rex steam rolling an opposition player over can do wonders for his confidence in the long term - T-Rex in the past (Manly days) has really stepped up in games when the whole team was firing and and now with our impressive victory over Melbourne there seems to be less pressure on him to perform as others in the team are also contributing thus making him more dangerous.
A winning team will always make it easier for guys that are trying to find form to get that form off the back of in form players - 7 different try scorers last week against a team that was near full strength and don't mention this big 3 garbage because they had Hinchcliffe who I rate better as some hookers from other teams. Attack seemed to flow naturally and glimpses of years gone past as we ripped up the middle with a great interchanging of passes and front rowers supporting breaks - Signs are looking good for us!!
I'm expecting a great year from T-Rex and as a devout passionate fan of the club and it's players I think it's time we start celebrating this man's achievements rather than whine about his price tag and how he plays.

I don't think the T-Rex of old is what we want we want a new and improved T-Rex of now!!
I couldn't give you more thumbs up so I added to your rep. Good on you mate.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
we say this same thing after every game he puts in.. however that's just not often enough. remember his run v penrith last year that led to the lafai try. it was wild. but that was the last thing he did all season.

consistancy t-rex, please.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
T-Rex has awoken, I noticed a big difference in the Panthers game but he stepped up another level again against the storm, in fact the whole team did - I Think Hasler has put them all on notice & if you want a spot in the side then you earn it & maintain it to keep it.
There's no free rides anymore, it's back to the old school, names & past status mean nothing & action speaks louder than words. If we beat the Roosters we are serious heavyweight contenders for 2014.

Tbh I think we will win, Hodko & Reynolds will be looking to show these boys up - Pearce & Maloney, I expect this to get very aggressive & feisty. Can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.